-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

ORIGINAL: fasty

why put a sock on the head? whont it melt!
No it won't melt,a sock helps to hold the heat in the motor.When it's cold and without a sock the motor won't get to good operating temps and will be extreamly sluggish.The sock works great and keeps the motor in the perfect operating range.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:37 PM
cgad18

i finally broke something on the storm.(resulted from getting a little too trigger happy near a tree.)IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/inserchofsanity/rc5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
ChaosEngine

i bought a used firestorm from a friend of mine a couple of months ago, because he wanted out of nitro. it sat on my shelf for about 2-3 months, mainly because it needed a new pullstart, and clutch. and i already have a revo, so.. anyways! i grabbed those parts from my lhs, and got em installed threw in some batts, and topped her up with some odonnells 25%, and wow, this little thing rips! its not a revo, but its still alot of fun to just boot around with. the amount of power that lil 3cc motor makes, and the whole thing weighs like 4 lbs lol, traction is almost nonexistant! mind you it is kind of slushy, and icy out, and its pretty much a stock firestorm heheh. but its enough fun for me to want to dump some bux in it today ill be grabbing a hump pack, and some better tires for the rear
Old 11-14-2008, 01:06 PM
nitro-rob

Does anybody know the official dry weight of the stock firestorm? I am finishing up some projects and getting on to my storm and savage soon. Its upgrade season.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:08 PM
nitro-rob

241- can we see the completed storm (even with the broken cup)?
Old 11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
mercerbeef

the sock idea sounds worth trying, my friend uses a pepsi can with one end cut off, slips it over the head and makes a hole for the igniter
Old 11-16-2008, 05:12 PM
JUBE

HELLO IM FROM ARGENTINA, I HAVE A HPI FIRESTORM, THEN IM POST A PHOTO WHITH THE NEW RINGS AND TIRES NOW IS STANDAR, IM BUY THE RING F5 AND THE HPI YOKOHAMA GEOLANDAR.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:16 AM
capili_don

does anybody have a suggestion on which online store has the best and most number of hop-ups and parts for the firestorm? just lost my screw on my muffler head now can run it!! planning to stock more parts to keep me of the downtimes
Old 11-17-2008, 10:59 AM
NitroNate

Towerhobbies has the parts, www.neweramodels.com has hop-ups.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 PM
capili_don

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

Towerhobbies has the parts, www.neweramodels.com has hop-ups.
thanks nitronate! has anybody use that engine conversion a .21 or up engine on a firestorm that would be insane!!! would'nt it be to much for the truck. too much to damage it?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:11 PM
bushhiker

Does any one know if any of the proline bodies fit the firestorm? if so which ones do you recommend?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:21 PM
JUBE

HELLO THIS IS MY FIRESTORM FROM ARGENTINA.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:36 AM
NitroNate

Hi guys!Its been a while.
My brother just got the Hitec 645Mg and noticed the stock servo horn does fit on the out-put shaft.For those of you who have the Hitec 645Mg,which servo horn did you use?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:26 AM
nitro-rob

I remember somebody saying they found an adapter in the spare parts that come with the truck. It was around september.
I purchased a savage three shoe aluminum clutch and an HPI SF5 MG servo....too bad the truck won't be driven until next spring. I also almost bought an HPI 21BB for the truck but lost out on an ebay auction.

I would love a 2-speed tranny option for the storm. HPI needs to compete with the Jato....
Old 11-21-2008, 11:36 AM
nitro-rob

Nice looking truck Jube - the truck still looks quite new and fresh. The stock tires really don't to much for the storm performance and looks-wise.
Where did you get the wheelie bar? Is it a FS product or did you adapt it?
Old 11-21-2008, 04:06 PM
3d-flyer-93

Why won't my firestorm start?
It was running fine 2 weeks ago, then busted a differential. I just put in a new dfif and now it won't start. put in after run oil, cleaned air filter, put in new 25% o'donnel fuel, fresh glow plug igniter battery, glow plug still works, put needles to factory settings, and it still won't start. It has 2 gallons through it: 1 gallon blue thunder 10%, 1 gallon o'donnel 25% (which is the last fuel I used). it's about 37 degrees Fahrenheit.
I don"t THINK I forgot to say anything.
What's wrong?
Old 11-21-2008, 06:49 PM
NitroNate

Sounds like its not getting fuel.
A leaky exhaust manifold will not allow you to prime it unless you blow through the pressure line.I had this problem with my CV-RX recently and found my exhaust manifold was loose.
Also check your fuel and pressure line for cracks.Also check the fuel tank for cracks.

Another possible problem could be your clutch.I don't know if your familiar with the Firestorm's clutch or not,but the spring may be broken.
When the spring is broken,your clutch is always engaged.The engine can be started with the rear tires off the ground,but once on the ground you'd better keep the truck moving.If you hit the brakes the engine will stall.
Also make sure your diff is working properly by lifting the rear end of the ground and spinning one of the rear wheels.The opposing wheel should spin in the opposite direction.

Also make sure you are using a hot plug in this cold weather.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:52 PM
NitroNate

Thanks for sharing Rob,my brother found the spare parts bag and installed one of the spare servo horns.Finding it was probably the worst problem!You should see my work bench!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:17 PM
3d-flyer-93

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

Sounds like its not getting fuel.
A leaky exhaust manifold will not allow you to prime it unless you blow through the pressure line.I had this problem with my CV-RX recently and found my exhaust manifold was loose.
Also check your fuel and pressure line for cracks.Also check the fuel tank for cracks.

Another possible problem could be your clutch.I don't know if your familiar with the Firestorm's clutch or not,but the spring may be broken.
When the spring is broken,your clutch is always engaged.The engine can be started with the rear tires off the ground,but once on the ground you'd better keep the truck moving.If you hit the brakes the engine will stall.
Also make sure your diff is working properly by lifting the rear end of the ground and spinning one of the rear wheels.The opposing wheel should spin in the opposite direction.

Also make sure you are using a hot plug in this cold weather.
the clutch is not broken, (I have a savage 3-shoe clutch) and the diff is working
Old 11-21-2008, 09:25 PM
nitro-rob

Have you checked your glow plug and igniter? Take it out and plug it in and check for glow. Other than that the only other likely solution is fuel -prime it with the line off the carburetor and see if it makes a mess. I had a loose manifold once (from hitting a curb) and had problems priming it too. It might be good to go back to the factory carb settings when things aren't going well as well (maybe a little lean because its cool)

To also make sure the cold isn't a problem don't have it outside for a long time before starting it or pre heat it a little bit.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:00 AM
3d-flyer-93

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Have you checked your glow plug and igniter? Take it out and plug it in and check for glow. Other than that the only other likely solution is fuel -prime it with the line off the carburetor and see if it makes a mess. I had a loose manifold once (from hitting a curb) and had problems priming it too. It might be good to go back to the factory carb settings when things aren't going well as well (maybe a little lean because its cool)

To also make sure the cold isn't a problem don't have it outside for a long time before starting it or pre heat it a little bit.
As I said in my previous post
n after run oil, cleaned air filter, put in new 25% o'donnel fuel, fresh glow plug igniter battery, glow plug still works, put needles to factory settings
I took the fuel line off the carb and fuel is still getting to the carb.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:01 AM
3d-flyer-93

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

As I said in my previous post
i put in after run oil, cleaned air filter, put in new 25% o'donnel fuel, fresh glow plug igniter battery, glow plug still works, put needles to factory settings

also I tried starting it inside (after letting it warm up to room temp) and it still wouldn't start

Sorry about this post-I meant to click edit but I clicked quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:19 AM
nitro-rob

Ooops, sorry, I was reading things late last night. I have to think of this one because it seems like the basics are covered. IF you have glow and fuel you should be fine most of the time.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:11 AM
NitroNate

Um...Is the one way bearing working?
Yes,pre-heating is a good idea.I started my G3.0 in cold weather with one pull after pre-heating and priming it perfectly.
If you have transparent fuel tubing,watch for bubbles in the fuel line as you prime it.When you see the last big bubble go into the carb,fire it up!
Old 11-22-2008, 11:43 AM
nitro-rob

Try a quick compression check, can you lift the truck by the pull start without it extending? Extreme problems could be a bent crankshaft, take a look at the piston through the button hole and see if it comes up far enough. Try a leak test. To go along with the one-way bearing problem (or broken backplate issues somewhere else), is the crank turning internally? I would try a new glow plug - if it tests well outside of the engine maybe its not working when in the presence of fuel vapour (dont' know why but what the hell, give it a whirl).

(I am reaching here with all of this and don't mean to insult your intelligence, its just hard to know whats going on without having the truck in front of you).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.