Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

50cc Katana

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 03:11 PM
G.P.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc Katana

Hello,

I am interested in the 50cc Katana, but I have seen people recieve two different versions of this aircraft. I'm wondering if the one you have in stock right now is the version with the clear canopy (fixed wing posistion, removeable stab and pin style hinges), or the one with the blue canopy (moveable wing, fixed one piece stab and CA style hinges)?

Also, is there a weight diff between the two versions?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 11-05-2008, 09:25 PM
nitrostaff1

Default RE: 50cc Katana

it's the yak that we had had 2 versions and the katana 50cc we only have 1 version. it's the light blueish canopy. http://www.nitroplanes.com/giscka50arfn.html

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: G.P.

Hello,

I am interested in the 50cc Katana, but I have seen people recieve two different versions of this aircraft. I'm wondering if the one you have in stock right now is the version with the clear canopy (fixed wing posistion, removeable stab and pin style hinges), or the one with the blue canopy (moveable wing, fixed one piece stab and CA style hinges)?

Also, is there a weight diff between the two versions?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 11-05-2008, 11:09 PM
G.P.

Thank you for the info, but I'm confused. The aircaft pictured in this build thread is definately not the one on your website. The builder said they ordered from you, but it has a clear canopy, two piece bolt on stab, pin style hinges, no pull-pull on the rudder and a totally different internal fuse structure. The covering scheme is the same though.
Here's the thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_80..._1/key_/tm.htm

Any info on what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg
Old 11-06-2008, 07:10 AM
nitrostaff1

we only have one version of the katana 50cc and it has been reviewed by al morris on the december 08 issue on flyrc magazine

the next review is the ultimate 50cc, the review should be out around spring of 09
Old 11-06-2008, 09:35 AM
G.P.

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 AM
cpreinfalk

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

we only have one version of the katana 50cc and it has been reviewed by al morris on the december 08 issue on flyrc magazine

the next review is the ultimate 50cc, the review should be out around spring of 09
I ordered the Katana 50cc from www.nitroplanes.com and it is a different version from the one reviewed in the 12/08 issue of FlyRC. Can you please explain? This is my build thread with pictures: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_80..._1/key_/tm.htm

It's clearly different to the version that's described on your web site and reviewed in FlyRC. I'm not upset, because it seems to be better than what's described in FlyRC (and your website), but there are people following my build thread and they want to purchase the plane as well (pending my flight report after the maiden), but if they don't know which plane they'll actually get if they order it from you then they'll probably not purchase it at all.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Sharpeye22

but if they don't know which plane they'll actually get if they order it from you then they'll probably not purchase it at all.
I second that. I have money in hand and I am ready to press the pay button but I will not if I can not be assured of getting the version I desire!
Sharpeye
Old 11-14-2008, 04:53 PM
minitelemaster

Any updates nitrostaff? Pictures, assorted reviews, and your website seem to be very contradictory.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:04 PM
nitrostaff1

looking at the pictures and compared to our pictures on the website I don't see any the difference except the color and camera lighting. If the spec is a little off please let me know the correct spec and I'll update the website. cpreinfalk can you help me with this?

We only have 1 version of the 50cc kitana.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: minitelemaster

Any updates nitrostaff? Pictures, assorted reviews, and your website seem to be very contradictory.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:14 PM
G.P.

Are you serious?!?!?! Did you read my first post at all? Two piece stab, wing mounting system, pull-pull rudder, hinge hardware,canopy color, etc..... Nevermind, this thread has told me all that I need to know.

Thanks,
Greg
ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

looking at the pictures and compared to our pictures on the website I don't see any the difference except the color and camera lighting. If the spec is a little off please let me know the correct spec and I'll update the website. cpreinfalk can you help me with this?

We only have 1 version of the 50cc kitana.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: minitelemaster

Old 04-07-2009, 11:53 AM
terribleTom
My Feedback: (4)

Back in September when Nitro had the article in FlyRC magazine for the Katana i was excited by the review and ordered the kit. it was in December that i finally got around to putting it together. up to then I only took the wings and fuse out looking for damage and put them back in the box.
When i first started putting it together the instructions were poor so i got the magazine back out and read through the article and started to notice several things that didn't match up in the Kit...
#1 the Canopy view showed a Blue tint canopy... No big deal.
#2 the Article state with the "New" Katana that the wing tube would adjust back and forth to adjust CG... The one i got it was glued in place already. Starting to get suspicious now... so i look closer....
#3 the article stated that the Horizontal Stab was glued in... Hmmm the one i have is plugged in and the Servos mount on the inside of the Stab similar to other 50cc models... I look at the pictures in Nitro Ad now on their website and find that the stab is Solid now.... Hmmm.
#4 the servo tray is not there as in the picture in the Ad on line and the wood in the picture looks much Better and neater than i got....
#5 the Article in the Magazine said Sale price for the "NEW" Katana was 249.00 and that's what i paid....

When i called Nitro in DEcember they told me that it had been too long and too bad for what i have....

Now i'm wondering since i'm about 4 days from test flying the Airplane whether it will hold up... I don't want to ruin my gear. I was looking at the Add in Fly RC on the Ultimate and wondered if it is same thing.....

I want to know from Nitro if this is they way you do business? I still would like the new version of the Katana even though i've spent a lot of time redoing things that should be right according to your Article in Fly RC In September... I will Gladly take my Stuff Radio and Engine out now and start all over with a new Version Katana Arf and ship you back the one you sent me now before i fly it....

Tommy

Old 04-28-2009, 09:01 AM
htskywalker

Mine is already in the air but needed lots of work to be air worthy, check my FG thread : http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/f...nderson-2.html

and some pictures on www.amazrc.com

Good luck
Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 AM
htskywalker

The **** are to be replaced by the FG website link.