Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Has anybody used ESP wheelie bar for PEDE or RUSTY?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 01:26 PM
RCJesse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody used ESP wheelie bar for PEDE or RUSTY?

Has anybody used the [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXF313]ESP Wheelie Bar[/link]? How was it compared to a swami? Sturdier? My Swami keeps bending when I land on my ass. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Krazy Chicken

Default RE: Has anybody used ESP wheelie bar for PEDE or RUSTY?

i had the one for the tmaxx, and it sucked, first wheelie, the screw that holds the wheels on bent, and then the wheels locked up, then the wheels just fell off, dont buy it, also how are you bending the swami?
Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 AM
1maxdude

From landing on it as he said. Mine's pretty bent up too from sliding into curbs n stuff. The wheels on mine are toast as well, locked up/or missing tires, plus it's bent way over the left. But mine's seen some pretty horrific 50/60mph + run ins with curbs. Other than that it's ok, swami of course. I don't know about the other one, sorry, just wanted to share.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:45 AM
Sampson0420
My Feedback: (7)

just be sure never to buy the integy junk. And pretty much any wheelie bar will bend when jumping. They are only good on the street.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Redvanmafia

integy is pretty dodgy, i bought some alumium parts from them for my mini-t and holes didnt line up, i hear the esp wheelie bars are junk, i have one on my mini-t and its bent, and a mini-t ways 2lbs, so i dont think the bigger 1:10th one would be any better. if you go on swami's website he'll show you his compared to the esp. never buy the traxxas one i ran mine for 10 minutes jumpin around nothing to big and it broke into 3-4 pieces 20 bucks down the drain
Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a wheelie bar off ebay a few years ago that was somewhat a copy of the swami bar, and it never bent on its own, despite many horrific crashes. Matter of fact, when I wanted to put more bend in it to allow the front wheels to come up further, I needed a two pound sledgehammer and cast iron vise to get the job done properly[X(]. I'll see if I can find out who made it...

edit: here it is: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5166052

It looks like he may be "banzaibars" on ebay now.