RC Motorcycles Discuss RC Motorcycles here

Venom-Racing GPV-1 motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
derbi75
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Venom-Racing GPV-1 motorcycle

It is the 7th as you predicted. Very cool. I heard my LHS will have 2. 1 has my name on it already. Selling my DUC to a buddy to cover the costs. Now I should have two by the end of the year. Getting out of drifting to concentrate more on bikes.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:02 PM
hobbimaster

Any ideas when the race version will be out, and what will it include: RTR, or ARTR?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Guidoracer

No race version announced yet, but all the hop-ups that it probably would include will be shipping just after the RTRs. So, for now, upgrades are piecemeal.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Mini_Me

Any ideas for Great Planes and Horizon shipments? They are listing Mid/Late November still. I ordered through my LHS of course (which orders through horizon), since that is how this hobby keeps in business versus direct to manufacturer sales.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:22 AM
drbelleville

Tower switched within the past days from beginning of November to mid November, and now its late November? What gives. I was hoping to put one in some christmas wrapping paper for me boy.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Guidoracer

You should definitely have it in time for Christmas. People that placed orders directly from Venom are already receiving their orders.

But I agree with Mini-Me that supporting your LHS is the way to go to keep the hobby alive.

Lito
Old 11-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Hoss138

I got mine on Tuesday 11/11/08. Has anyone else recived their bikes yet?
I have allread installed a Mamba25, 6800 brushless and 7.4 1100mah LiPo.
This bike is miles above the old Kyosho HOR.

Here is a link to a photo. There are more in my album. more to come soon.
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...8/DSC05281.jpg
Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 PM
BACKEMF

I've got my Lehner 1010 5400KV motor and Mamba esc ready. I should pick mine up on Saturday hopefully, if not then next week. LHS said friday Arrival for Canada
Old 11-19-2008, 10:49 PM
jfergy

Whats the deal VENOM??? only people that order from your site can get one now/first?? My buddy owns a hobby shop and on his dealer pages for horizon and tower(great planes) the eta's are removed or "ON ORDER" . last week i checked and they were " 11-15-08 & 11-17-08" now there gone. ive been waiting for one of these since i first seen the pics of them. What the he#l is the hold up?? you keep saying wait, soon soon, october first part of november , ya whatever. think that us normal people that get them from the LHS AKA" GP and Horizon" can get one soon??[sm=angry.gif]
Old 11-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Guidoracer

jfergy: 2WheelHobbies.com had a few in already that went directly to pre-orders. I know that 2WheelHobbies ordered them directly from Venom. Maybe it's that the big distributors have more processing overhead to deal with than the smaller shops.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:32 AM
derbi75

You should just PM Chris. I know you are displease as many but take how he might look at things. I would rather be me than him right now. Too much stress I am for sure. Once you get your bike you will feel differently.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Custnam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree Derbi, However I really dislike when companies give dates when they arent not sure that it will be then. I gave up in September on this, (because my LHS was telling me a certain date, then it got changed, then changed again) So I got a refund of my preorder layaway cost because I knew this was to be a continiung thing. I understand the whole preorder thing, but I would much rather have companies just release the product ads and info and the product itself at the same time. This would help the confusion and frustration on both sides of the coin!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry about the delays, it was not intentional in any way. Things just stacked up on this release and here we are so what can I say? Anyhow, bikes have shipped, more on the way, and orders will be filled as fast as possible. These bikes are not sitting more than 24hrs here before they are out the door if that helps you guys understand the urgency with which we are operating at.

Chris
Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Super_Dave

Horizon received their shipment of gpv-1s last Saturday. They filled all of their backorders and are now waiting to receive their next shipment to send out to hobbyshops. Horizon's release date was dead on but they couldn't fill all of their orders. Great planes (towerhobbies) did the exact same thing.

I work in a hobby shop and we just called them about this 10 minutes ago.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Mini_Me

ORIGINAL: VENOMOUS

Sorry about the delays, it was not intentional in any way. Things just stacked up on this release and here we are so what can I say? Anyhow, bikes have shipped, more on the way, and orders will be filled as fast as possible. These bikes are not sitting more than 24hrs here before they are out the door if that helps you guys understand the urgency with which we are operating at.

Chris

Chris, check your PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Chris Nicastro

Again none of this would be an issue if the quantities supported everones orders right off the bat. We are all working at max capacity to insure the bikes get here and out to you as fast as possible.

Chris
Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Super_Dave

Sorry Venomous I didn't mean to make that sound like your fault. You can only make so many toys in a week and get them shipped. I was trying to let the people who are waiting for them to show up in their LHS that they should be there soon (me being one of them ).
Old 11-21-2008, 12:33 PM
derbi75

Venom better give you a big fat bonus this year!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Chris Nicastro

No worries, I know its been too long to wait, I understand.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Mini_Me

Kudos Venom. You have me impressed. Now, to learn how to drive this thing.

-Is the front tire supposed to be that much more stiff than the rear? Or did some different compounds get mixed up on mine? How can I tell they are a the correct stock set?

-When you put your side bars on, really tweak down the retaining nut, I had mine on haphazard, and they popped off the screw right away and bending one of the wire retention splines (fixed by screwing in very tight).

-What are the specs on the stock steering servo?

-Can I have training wheels? No seriously though, 2wd RC noob here. Do heli gyros help with this any?

-Is there a better way to retain the pack? I noticed with only one retaining velcro strap, it can shift back and fourth very easily.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Mini_Me

I got a few more questions to ask.

-The aluminum gearbox option parts, do they include aluminum chain bearing holder tensioners as well? I noticed there is some play with the plastic bearing tensioner holders with the peg system. I can easily wiggle the spur some. Also, does this metal gearbox have bearings or cutouts for bearings for the rear fork attachment pivot? I noticed that the stock is just riding on the internal plastic of the gearbox sides w/out even bushings.

- I not overly impressed with the stock servo saver spring system. Can I use a normal mini-servo saver C clamp with a rod instead? The xray one is pretty much the best there is in these. Even tightening down, there is just too much easy bumpsteer that can happen IMHO. Also, from the factory, the stock servo did not have the mount extensions behind it, which means the stock collars on the rod where hitting the screws on the sides of the chassis plate causing inconsistent speeds on the front rakes movement.

- One of the front rakes pistons was slightly unpolished (like someone from the factory didn't change the polishing tool after it wore down). Im just thinking more of the future here with front rake shock rebuilds oil leakage and premature O-ring failure. Is is worth calling you for a replacement?
Old 11-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Chris Nicastro

Ok let me catch up here...

Tire is normal, has a weighted rubber weight inside, do not adjust.
Servo - see manual for other servo suggestions
For the pack you can add double stick velcro
Alloy parts use the plastic parts but have a tighter tolerance. The rear pivot is the same style as the plastic part.
Thats not a servo saver!! Dont modify it unitl you really understand what its doing, the linkage set up and the springs are the heart of how and why it works so take care not throw those parts out!
If the parts for the forks are bad from new you can call us on Monday and talk with a Customer Service Rep here and see about an exchange.

Have fun,

Chris
Old 11-28-2008, 10:59 AM
jfergy

Havent been on in a few days, FIRST i would like to SORRY for sounding so harsh to Venom and VENOMOUS. Ive been waiting for a deacent priced motorcycle for a LONG time. The Kyosho HOR look like crap plastic chassis and the Nuova Faor and OTO bikes are too high a price for just a sometimes played with model ( i have 6 planes, 2 boats, 2 helies, and like 8 cars also). The Thunder Tiger bike's rider is way too small for the bike size and looks like a 5' person riding a jumbo bike. Any ways I am waiting for your model and will not give up on it. I expect to have a good time with the bike just like i do in all the Radio Control Hobbies that i do. Now when can we have all the hop ups ???? LOL
Old 11-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Mini_Me

ORIGINAL: VENOMOUS

Ok let me catch up here...

Tire is normal, has a weighted rubber weight inside, do not adjust.
Servo - see manual for other servo suggestions
For the pack you can add double stick velcro
Alloy parts use the plastic parts but have a tighter tolerance. The rear pivot is the same style as the plastic part.
Thats not a servo saver!! Dont modify it unitl you really understand what its doing, the linkage set up and the springs are the heart of how and why it works so take care not throw those parts out!
If the parts for the forks are bad from new you can call us on Monday and talk with a Customer Service Rep here and see about an exchange.

Have fun,

Chris

Thanks for the response Chris. Another thing I like about this? Not only did you use hex head screws in a RTR, you used machine hex head screws. Its soo nice to have good screws in a kit (even if it is a RTR).

So the spring thing is like a spring then for the steering mechanism? While that tube on the opposite side acts like a dampener tube? Can any one explain the theory behind why a bike needs a damper for the steering? Again, I'm new to this.

I was more interested in what the specs were on the stock servo itself. Tower (I dont buy there but they do have great resource info) has the specs for the brake servo, but none for the kit servo.

I did find something to help with that little bit of play in the chain tensioner bearing holder. I wrapped it once in plumbers tape and that little bit helped to snug it all nicely.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: Mini_Me
So the spring thing is like a spring then for the steering mechanism? While that tube on the opposite side acts like a dampener tube? Can any one explain the theory behind why a bike needs a damper for the steering? Again, I'm new to this.
I haven't driven the GPV-1 yet but I can atleast tell you how steering works on a motorcycle.

Motorcycles don't work on the normal left and right steering that cars do. Bikes need to counter steer to turn meaning to make a right turn you litterally just nudge the handlebars to the LEFT. After the bike is leaned into the corner you let off any pressure from the handlebars (in this case the servo) and it maintains the lean angle that you left it at. The spring on that linkage is there so you only nudge the wheel left or right to give it a smooth gental feel. Without that spring if the front tire turns full left the bike will snap right and fall over instantly. If you think that the steering is to sensitive you can try putting softer springs on the linkage and that should make it easier to drive. If they are to soft then it probably wont turn out of a corner though.

Remember the more you turn the transmitter wheel right the more the bike is going to lean right. Once you're at the lean angle that you want you need to hold the wheel there or maybe even let off the steering a little bit depending on how the bike is set up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.