Search
Notices

Any fliers near Cheyenne WY?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:14 PM
wickedsprint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any fliers near Cheyenne WY?

Hello, first post here, I am just starting out and picked up a 50 titan kit, I otherwise have minimal experience with helis, being a CX2 and a blade CP Pro which I can only hover on nice days..but I miss the smell of glow fuel from my youth and racing RC10GTs. I'd love it if someone local could give the copter a once over when I have it together. No local hobby shops for around 60 miles or so. I still have to source some tools and radio/gear etc..still in the infancy stage. -Tony
Old 11-21-2008, 04:17 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Any fliers near Cheyenne WY?

This may help a little http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=836

Also try http://www.pilotlocator.net
Old 11-22-2008, 09:02 PM
RACER7696
My Feedback: (3)

Hello, Ihope you can find some local help,However if you really want to give this a shot and you want to be really good at it than you must considder , actually you must get a simulator.You will learn at qudruple the speed of someone not usuing it and it will save you at least a thousand dollars through the life of the titan. I have g3 , I bought it because I could not nose in hover my first raptor 30 after 600 in crashes I bought the sim and have had great success. If I could do it all over again I would have bought the sim first.Going from a coaxial heli to a titan is not easy and a sim will make you way more successful.Also you need to look at it like this you will never out grow a sim, I used it to teach me how to fly now I am usuing it to learn 3d maneuvers.any way I hope you dont mid the advice.You picked an awesome heli the titan is just awesome I have one and love it you may want to consider the new TT redline 53h engine. Good luk
Old 11-24-2008, 04:48 PM
wickedsprint

Thanks for the tip, I have been playing with clearview a bit and my cp pro controller, but I just ordered Realflight 3 since I sold the cp pro and clearview to a buddy. The sim made the difference between crashing my cp pro and being able to actually hold it in a hover.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:46 PM
jcivic

Hi i live in cheyenne wyoming, and i fly helis and airplanes. do you belong to any of the clubs here?
Old 12-08-2008, 08:31 PM
sixinarow

Hi Wicked, DakarNick from Advrider.com. If I had a larger heli I would fly with you! Just a CX2 and MCX now. Maybe a .30 size nitro or electric in the future!
Old 12-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Wyorcflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Wickedsprint

I live in Cheyenne. There are 5 or so of us that fly nito heli's and all 5 of us have raptor 50's and or 60's and or have had them. We can give you a hand. Give me a call

Jack 631-0137
Old 12-19-2008, 10:16 PM
wickedsprint

Been on a TDY out of the area last three weeks, sorry for the late response. Thanks guys for the replies, Jack I sent you a PM. Looks like I'm going to the sandbox sooner rather than later, so going to leave the heli boxed up until I get back in the fall. I'd like to come out and see some heli flying though whenever you guys get out to the field anytime within the next month if any of you guys fly in winter. Nick, good to see you from adv, I don't post there anymore though...had a dispute with a mod, and well that's that.