Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:02 PM
MR G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

G-Man,

I never said I did not like the Dietrich!! I have not yet maidened my Dietrich, I have been too involved with my Aeroworks to fly the Dietrich yet.

It takes a while to tweek in a giant scale plane. Remember that there is tuning the engine high and low speed, throttle adjustments/curve, low idle, flight idle, flight trim, flaperon landing trim. all of these take some flights to take care of. And let's not forget to check the plane to make sure all screws, nuts, and everything remain tight.

I am looking forward to flying the Dietrich, I need to finish with the Aeroworks first.

MR G
Old 08-20-2008, 01:27 PM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

A little advice since you are a skilled pilot.
Balance the 260 on the wing tube and it will be perfectly axial, no need for mixes and flaperons on this one, the one in the video balanced right on the trim flight knife edged without correction both sides and was hands off inverted. Also comes out a pound or more lighter than the AW, mine is 19.4 finished with everything out of the box except I put turnbuckles and ball ends on the servo side. Un like the AW you will find there is no fuselage flex and nothing is blowing up or breaking off our planes. We don't like to ground our pilots that spent the money to fly so we try to have it done right the first time.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Rod Bender

That's an impressive video Gman, the plane looks very stable....
Old 08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
GmanBill

Beyond rock solid, flies like a 40% but the roll rate is off the hook.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:44 PM
GmanBill

I should have the other 2 videos up tonight or in the morning.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:34 PM
GmanBill

here is the link to video 2
TFC All Stars flying the 75cc 260 [link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/TFC-allstars-wmv]TFC Allstars[/link]
Old 08-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Rod Bender

Is that Jason in that video? If not, you two could be brothers...
Old 08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
GmanBill

the first video is Jason, it even says it on the bargaining of the video.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:54 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Cool vid of Jason S Bill! I'm in the market for a basin biatch soon. This plane looks good. When do you bring yours out? Lemme get a pull on it?

joe
Old 08-23-2008, 06:57 PM
GmanBill

Let me know when you will be coming out and I will bring it for you, you know any time is good for me whatever works for you bud.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:44 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Awesome Bill! Next week or after. I think we got a big heli event next weekend.

joe
Old 08-25-2008, 08:59 PM
GmanBill

Well the final video is posted here is the link to it http://rcuvideos.com/video/MikeS-wmv I hope you guys like it.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:19 AM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

has dietrich fixed the problems mentioned by mr. g? (with the blind nuts not being installed on the canopy, holes not cut for the wing tube, anti-rotation dowels, etc.)

does the dietrich fly that much better than the aeroworks?

i'm having a hard time deciding b/t dietrich, aeroworks extras, and the hanger9 sukhoi. i have a dealer friend willing to sell the hanger9 sukhoi for $850.....
Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 AM
GmanBill

Dude, comparing Aeroworks to Dietrich is like comparing apples and watermelon, we are two different companies and completely different technology and design. Our planes do not have the holes pre-cut because when you shrink the covering, the covering actually shrinks (what a concept ), the blind nuts are not in the firewall because we do not know what motor you are going to be running, everything else is done and ready though. Dietrich planes are ARF's which means you have to do something, if you want a plane that comes out 4 or more pounds heavier go ahead.

The Dietrich that you see in the videos, I did the trim flight the day before we shot the videos, Showtime had one flight before we filmed him flying a tank through, and Mike flies MODE 1 so he could not fly the plane until he copied my setup to his 14mz and that video was the first he had ever flown the plane. It required no mixing for strait and true knife edge and no mixing for anything, the one in the video came in at 19.4lbs, I can not tell you what you are going to like, but if you want to spend the extra money for more weight and a plane you have to get your mixes right in your radio for go ahead. But since you want to spend the extra money, please wait until the after Thanksgiving sale is over because I could use the extra $100 that it has been marked down until then.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

dont remember who, but someone posted that "the hardware is junk" and they replaced everything with hanger9 stuff.

what specifically was wrong with the hardware?

i'm just trying to find out as much as i could before buying.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:13 PM
GmanBill

Most people don't like the ends because they are work, also the servo arms are work to build but once done they are great and smooth bearing ends.. The most things people change are the servo side ends and put ball ends where they can run SWB or Air Wild aluminum arms on the servo. The fast build ARF comes with very good heavy duty roller bearing control horns and clevises that screw on with Nylock nuts along with the full setup for the pull-pull, gas tank, and spinner. It even has the holes for the switches already cut in to the fuse, the only real work is the same you would get with any other ARF, all the blind nuts are in except the ones for the motor mount (blind nuts and mounting bolts included too), and there is a template plate where you can drill for most motors where you only have to do it once (I don't like a bunch of holes in my fire wall for some reason). The new wood-foam-wood composite fuse sides (Fuel and CA glue safe) make the plane stiff and very responsive, and I think we are the only company that has a built up wing with carbon fiber stiffeners running full length top and bottom and around the wing tube pocket that keeps the wings stiff and together. I use every piece of hardware that comes in the kit and have never had a problem, my planes get the heck beat out of them because I let everyone fly them, and if the top ranked pilots that try to break my planes and can not do it with all the stock hardware I think it is good and not a problem, it could be the person putting it together (or the nut behind the wheel).

We sell a large number of planes a year, I tell everyone if they have a problem give me a call, I will do everything in my power to make there experience with there Dietrich Aircraft a pleasure. The most calls I get are the people calling me to tell me how great the plane is, I have only had a couple complaints and I made sure that if something was wrong with our product it has been made right. We strive to have the best customer service and customer satisfaction, and the complaints were made right and the customers love there planes, we do our best to do our best, and once you fly one of our planes you will understand the people who own them normally don't part with them.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:44 PM
justin750

DIETRICH all the way. This thing is a monster with the DA 85 and tunned pipe. The Aeroworks cant hang. Super easy build great covering. Hardware works fine. 3d monster.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
hcuellart
My Feedback: (41)

Well I have received mine and will start the build next week. Everything seems perfect!! Till now I am a happy camper . THe shipping was fast and the planes come really well protected. I'll post later as to my advances with the build...
Old 11-07-2008, 02:14 PM
GmanBill

If you have any questions or want any help with doing a advance setup you can call us during business hours and I can help.
Thanks again for buying a Dietrich.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
kevinf2501
My Feedback: (65)

After having put the 75cc through its paces and getting about 12 flights on it the plane is a definite keeper it is rock solid through all 3D maneuvers and flys more like a 100cc plane the a 75cc. I really like the way it tail slides and it is very stable in a harrier and an elevator and requires very little correction. Knife edge flight is uneventful and has plenty rudder authority to do knife edge loops. This is the smallest plane I own however it flies just like the bigger ones!

As far a the build. The plane goes together very quickly. I do recommend the following slight mods.

1. I added 4 cap screws to the canopy to ensure it does not come off
2. added hard points for the canopy mounting bolts. (removed some foam and replaced with some Ply blocks.)
3. Soaked the cowl mounting and wing mounting blocks in CA to ad strength to avoid compression and bolts loosening. I added some thin ply to the cowl mounts for extra security as the the single cylinder DA85 does tend to produce more vibration than a twin.
4. When tightening up the covering Don't use a heat gun (too hot) use a low temp iron especially in the black. I have pretty much gotten all the covering smoothed out and get few wrinkles at the field.

This plane is a definite keeper and will be my throw down plane and will be used to learn new maneuvers..........(hopefully without incident...)
Great value for money! looking forward to the Slick 540!

Also a thanks to Bill for taking the feedback mentioned above for future batches and thanks for replacing the cowl.
Great customer service as usual.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53766.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1079325  
Old 11-26-2008, 01:59 PM
sevans16

got my extra in last week. I am hoping to get it started over Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully UPS sill how up with my engine and servos today or Friday.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:21 AM
hcuellart

Well I will maiden my plane tomorrow or the day after. The only complaint I have so far are the wing screws. What a pain to get to the front ones once the tank is installed. How do you guys get to these screws?? I wish there was an easier way...
The plane is beautiful and balances just right with my bme engine, though it is not as light as Gman's, but at 21 puonds it should fly decently, lets see how things go...
Regards,
Homero
Old 12-20-2008, 02:13 PM
smarks

Good luck!
Old 12-30-2008, 09:06 PM
hcuellart

Hey guys, I did the maiden last weekend and flew just 2 times as some of the black trim came off... So be sure to iron the trims on yours... But in a word all I can say is WOW!!! What a plane, it flies so true, it is really light. I couldn't do any hard stuff as I am breaking in my engine... I loved it and it looks fantastic in the air and at the ground. I received a lot of compliments! After flying it I had a little crowd watching over my back looking at this beauty!! This is definitely much better than any and I mean any Aeroworks. These planes fly awsome!!! Now I am thinking about the Slick for my next big project....
Old 12-30-2008, 09:54 PM
sevans16

I had some troubles with the black covering on my plane also. I must say the structure looks amazing. It is lighter than my AW 75cc Extra and 85cc AW Yak. There is a big difference in the wing profile between my 3 75cc planes. I am quite certain it will fly awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.