Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Old 12-02-2008, 09:29 AM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Guys, Mr Mod - so I can't mention my Hydroplane with E-max 2805 and made from Epp that FLYS.....!!! I'm off too, but first I'm reporting this Mod to the new owner of RCU....he'll be very interested that he's lost/losing advertising revenue!!! I'm a comin guys.......
Old 12-02-2008, 03:59 PM
machette

Sepos definitely have an issue with not having control hey? ......human failing really and I'm thinking the whole nation will need counselling over the next few years.

Someone scrape the bird **** off the new barbie plate and I'll be there shortly
Old 12-02-2008, 05:53 PM
BERTRC

The fire has gone out and there's no ice left in the esky
Old 12-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Andrew86

Thanks for the memories RCU, it really has been a pleasure up until now. We'll be regretfully taking our 10,000 hits/month elsewhere from here on.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:43 AM
bleary

Maybe we should ask MC to close the thread fellas?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:56 AM
ozrcboy

I wonder...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962294
Old 12-03-2008, 02:57 AM
ozrcboy

Nods on that - sounds like a good candidate to me Bleary...
Old 12-03-2008, 03:00 AM
bleary

well he started this incarnation I guess,plus he is a good choice anyway.I will send him a pm.
Bleary.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:23 AM
geoffviper

yup shove it

gone too
Old 12-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

I want to answer the questions that have been raised about the policing that has been carried out in this thread. The community policies are very clear on the topic of discussions.

TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
Although discussion forums encourage a wide range of opinions, please keep your posts focused on the topic of the thread and related to the forum you are submitting your message.

* RCUniverse's chosen language is English. All other languages are subject to removal.
* Each forum has a different topic, so what is appropriate in one forum or thread may not be appropriate in another.
* RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related.
Apparently this thread has not been moderated since the original thread was started. Members have stated that in the past threads, there have been occasions in which the topic has drifted off to other topics and that it has worked without problem. Even so, the topic of discussion is R/C as stated in the policies. Any one of us can related anything to R/C no matter how remote it might be but that does not mean that it is actually R/C related.

It is not my intention and certainly not that of the administrators of RCUniverse to drive members away but the community policies were in place when each one of joined and each of us agreed to abide by the policies. It would be unfair to other members to allow a select group of members to openly discuss topics that are not R/C related and not allow the same privilege to them. If we allowed this as an open policy to all members, this would no longer be an R/C forum.

We had one group in the past who had a thread similar to this one and we offered an alternative idea for them and they accepted. We placed the thread in the off-topic forum and they now discuss both R/C and anything else that comes to mind as long as they stay away from the taboo topics. If the members of this forum would like to do the same, we can move the current thread to that forum or one of you can start a new thread there. Another option would be to have a regular R/C related thread in the electric forum and a "barbeque and beer" forum in the off-topic forum. We are willing to work with you on this.

The administrators and moderators want members to enjoy using RCUniverse as a source of information and discussion about the hobby that we all love. They have also found that the policies that are in place today has served well to keep the forums organized and consistent for the membership as a whole. The members come from many different backgrounds and areas of the world and each person has his own interests so the policies must be able to work for the vast majority of members. To date, they have worked well and RCUniverse continues to grow under them. Still, RCUniverse cannot be all things for all members.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Loubud

Geez Howie
Just what "group" might that be that agreed to be "moved"? It certainly wasn't the "Badius Owners Club 3".
Inquiring minds would like to know.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:02 PM
ozrcboy

Hi Howard,

Thank you for your response.

This thread operated in a respectful and harmonious manner for more than 3 years with the topic being RC Flight almost all the time. When the topic wasn't RC flight a mixture of light hearted and serious topics were discussed briefly - normally just as a quick way to let other members/friends know something that was going on.

Whoever was moderating us for those 3 years, by their actions, judged that our activities were in line with RCU Policies as almost no posts were deleted until you arrived on the scene. In short, their enforcement set our understanding of what was and was not okay. A precedent if you like. And it was on that basis that we stayed here contributing to RCU (including many of us making time to surf the newbie threads and answer questions that we could). That is, the behaviour of the members of the group, and the lack of censorship was what we constituted to be the working interpretation of the agreement between us - the members of the BBQ and RCU. When your program of censorship began RCU breached its agreement with us. Furthermore, you didn't have the decency to announce that you would be taking a more strict interpretation of the RCU policies - you just quoted the policy at us - the same policy we believed we had been operating under without incident for 3+ years.

It might not have been your intention to drive us away, but it beggars belief that you didn't realize it would be a consequence. We made clear what our intentions were if it continued, and you were clearly reading the thread as you kept on deleting posts. As such your protests of innocence ring hollow and your conciliatory tone is presumably more to do with saving face with others than any attempt at reconciliation with us (ie spin for the faithful).

In a few short weeks you have destroyed two of the longest running institutions on RCU, and driven some fairly loyal members into the hands of the competition. Further, I suspect that you are not unhappy about this outcome which makes your faux humility all the more grating.

The BBQ@RCU is dead. Long live the BBQ@RCG.

oz.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Loubud

OZ,
Very well put. I must agree that this sudden change in attitude at RCU is a bit perplexing at best.
The Badius Owners thread is all but dead. A few have stayed on to help those that still need help. I'm assuming that when you said 2 threads were run off by RCU that you included us as the other thread. If not, make that 3 threads RCU seemingly enjoyed harassing till they left.
On our Badius thread, the Mods got so very out of hand that other Mods had to come in and Moderate their posts. Now lets think about that for a moment. Moderators so out of control that their own posts were deleted.
And I also agree with your understanding of the rules. Yes, we've had posts deleted that needed to be. And yes, we were also self Policing in that we also assumed, correctly, that we were operating within the guidelines set up by RCU. It was most certainly a breach of contract for RCU to arbitrarily jump in and crash a very successful thread like the Badius thread. And now they did it to you.
Who's next? And what other folks that browse these threads noticed RCU's behavior? Any Advertisers?
Probably the most surprising about all of this is if Marc Vigod is aware of out of control Moderators. Paid or not, he has his own rules for the Mods.

Howard
Before you delete my posts here, check with Marc first. No spin, just the facts. And yes. Marc knows me and I know Marc.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
whissel_blowa

The attitude of the mods here is exactly why rcu will never be a leader in RC forums. I have had posts removed from threads because the guy writing up the thread was obviously biased towards a brand name and used their gear in every review he does even though it was clearly not up to the task at hand. He was a mod of course...

I pointed out the fact that the batteries being used were not up to task, sagging out to just over 3v per cell, bang, post gone and thread locked...

The rules are ridiculous, sorry mods but you have to grow with the times, just because people chat about other things doesnt mean the forum will collapse, it just means they have real lives beyond RC that they want to share with each other.

Democracy is alive and well, just not in rcu []
Old 12-03-2008, 05:36 PM
patnchris

Funny,.......I used to spend a couple of hours per day on RCU and used to recommend it to all my friends and fellow flyers. Now I spend about 15 minutes a day and even skip days wnd don't even notice it. I can't remember when the last time a recommended RCU to anyone. When I first got started in RC, I found RCU and thought it was the best thing going. Until we were run off, I continued to think that way. Once gone I was forced to other boards and found they were much better. Now I realize that RCU is really a small fish in an ever growing pond.....Pat
Old 12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Rowdy_b64

Bert,
Major problem with it is it doesn't glide if the cog is not right. It dives at the ground and inverts when you take the power off. I smashed mine about 5 times before ai learnt to land it hot. It really needs weight added to the tail. A mate has 2 20 cent coins glued to each of the tail spars

I got sick of it after my new one rolled and crashed on maiden@@ [:@]

Funjet is sort of the same plane ... and SOOOOOOOO much better !!

Good luck with it mate.

Rowdy
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Rowdy_b64

TMC ..
Exactly the same here mate .. finally found the reason was the cog (from a forum somewhere) .. they do glide if you have some more wieght up back
Old 12-03-2008, 06:43 PM
The_Mongrel

LIGHTFOOT,

You are a bit late mate. The new thread is up and running at RCG, and I doubt you will see us back.

I found this thread when I first started in the hobby over a year ago, and the guys here not only helped me with my hobby, but became somewhat friends from afar. The topic may have drifted sometimes, as conversations do. But that is what made it a great place to visit.

If you don't want that sort of discussion on your boards... that's fine. Because that is exactly what you have resulted in.

You have nobody to blame but yourself. Shame on you!!!

I agree with you OZ...

The BBQ@RCU is dead. Long live the BBQ@RCG.

OH yeah... and one last thing.... The mods at RCG were actually interested to see a pic of the Boat that you so quickly deleted. You should become a member... you might learn something.

J - OUT!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Rowdy_b64

My take on the moderation is annoyance that this forum can no longer tolerate general discussion by it's participants.

RCG allows it's contributors to speak freely ... it is used as a meeting place for like minded RC nuts ... and therefore not EVERY SINGLE post needs to be purely RC focused.

In my opinion this is the ONLY way a forum should exist. If the mods here do not accept this, we should stop talking about it and vote with our feet.

As Oz so eloquently stated the case .. I am in agreement (although sad to leave here - it was this forum that I started with)

Howard ... you point us to the golden rule ...

RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related.

This TOPIC is STILL R/C related ... even if a few posts are not ... Don't you see that Howard ??

Mong .. see you over there mate ... Bye Bye RCU ...
Old 12-03-2008, 07:33 PM
patnchris

I wonder which thread will be next???......The Stryker Boys or the SuperCub thread???
Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Loubud

Pat,
Fern tells me the Blade CP thread "got a shot across the bow" so I think that one might be next.
I think it would be a good idea if that thread does start getting harassed like the Badius and BBQ threads that we should all go over there and show our support. It's the strength in numbers thing. RCU doesn't give a rats but we can blow off a little steam.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Gryphon

maiden-crash,

BUDDY!!!!....old buddy....I stopped by to see how you guys are doing, and it took all of few seconds to get my heart rate way up.

What's going on bro? I looked around a bit, but I am just too lost.

I post on RCG too, rarely on Wattflyer too, but for soooooo long I have tried sooooooo hard not to coach people to go from one forum to another and I even avoided posting links back and forth (mostly).

I have no doubt there is a good reason behind you guys moving....I feel sad you guys are leaving.

***If you get a few minutes some time send me an e-mail (not PM) and give me all of the details objectively....I should not say "objectively" because I have known you to be fair and objective in the past....so using that word is not really needed.

*** Again I don't know what's happening and I don't read this thread often, and I'm not taking sides, but if it was me and I REALLY FELT I WAS WRONGED, I would not give up easily...EVERY person has a boss and every person has to answer to someone.

It is called power of the pen. Writing a letter (to VICE President of RCUniverse, it'll get to the right hands) and making of the case if you seriously believe you have a case....some of the Elders "age wise" on this thread can help you with the write up, details and revisions......be fair (as always)
Do this route if you feel it is right, not if anyone else tries to talk you into it.

Hope to get an e-mail from you some time,

Gryphon
Old 12-03-2008, 08:22 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Slow down Lou. The thread starter over there knows what's what. There was nothing from a Mod. Just a disturbing post.

For the record, on this board it will be the stryker thread. The super cub is still pulling in to many new pilots. Too bad their options for moving forward will be minimized at RCU. I wonder if this is part of the sale of RCU? The timing seems right.

Tim
Old 12-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Loubud

Okie dokie
Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 PM
maiden-crash

Hey boys, thanks for all the support and from the crew outside of the usual gang too. Im sad that we have to resort to this, but we have been poked and pushed and its become obvious that maybe this isn't the best spot for us anymore. The crowd has spoken and its time to leave this behind us.

This thread will be closed as of soon. If anyone want to join us over at RCG for a chat, irrelevant of location or ethnicity, please do, we would love to have your company.

Cheers to everyone.
Maiden-Crash

PS- could you please refrain from editing this post again lightfoot? Ive taken out the link to the new thread...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.