Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

trex 450s compare

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

trex 450s compare

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 04:19 PM
jt41time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trex 450s compare

im about to buy a trex 450s. i wanna know whats the diff between all the versions and what is interchangeable. esp the head portion and the tail portion. Ive been finding entire alum heads for very cheap but i dont wannna get one if it doesnt fit. if it changes the s version to a better v2 version then im cool with that. i just dont something that i have to take back.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Default RE: trex 450s compare

The 450 SA is aluminum framed, lots of plastic (ez to break) parts. The 450 SE V2 has all of the trick goodies, cnc rotot head, cnc tail rotor box ball bearings everywhere etc.

Only drawback I found (and I found it firsthand,) is the SA manual is a well written, ez to follow set of step-by-step instructions.

On the other hand, the sev2 manual is LOTS of pictures with english "as she wsa writen" instructions. I discoverd the pics are good but you MUST look to see and note the subtle differnces when building this bird.

As for aftermarket "you gets what you pays for." Have already read of complaints as to inferior quality replacment parts for the *real* T-Rex 450 and it clones.

I went for the SE V2, figured I was going to end up buying the hop-up parts anyway.

My fifty cents worth on this, (inflation, ya know)

Red Baron Gary
Old 12-01-2008, 05:19 PM
ace22459

The only difference between the S and the SA is that with the S kit you have to build the airframe. The SA is referred to as an ARF (Almost Ready To Fly) kit. The basic airframe is already built. I don't know if the S comes with the motor and esc but the SA does. If it does, than you'll have to install them in either kit. And neither kit comes with servos, gyro or receiver.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:02 PM
u)

Check out this link for the SEv2, the sale is good until 11:59PM tonight (12-01-08) it is an awesome deal!!!! $359 With MOTOR, ESC, ALIGN 325 WOOD BLADES, AND MAVERIK CF BLADES!!!

http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=335001

HAPPY SHOPPING!!

I would have gotten the cheaper heli but i would have just wanted all the upgrades anyways so i just bought the SEv2 in the first place.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:55 PM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Also between the SEv1* and SEv2 there are suttle differences. The feathering shaft on the V2 is 4mm, there are thrust bearings on the main and tail blade grips, the blu aluminum is more of a royalish blue. I have a v1.5 and it flys great. all parts except the afformentioned are compatable with either versions (main and tail shafts, gears, flybar, bearings, etc). You can get pretty good deals on the v1 and v1.5's . and if you feel the need to upgrade it to a v2, a whole align (not knock off)head assy can be had for $100 give or take...