Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic > Quiques Aircraft Support - CLOSED
Reload this Page >

Can someone post some pictures of the QQ 73" Yak with the blue scheme?

Community
Search
Notices

Can someone post some pictures of the QQ 73" Yak with the blue scheme?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Flyboy1958
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone post some pictures of the QQ 73" Yak with the blue scheme?

I am thinking of getting Quique's 73" Yak54, the brio scheme with the light blue, but I'm not convinced I even like the scheme. Maybe it looks better in person. I need to at least see some good photos though if anyone has some they can share. Thanks
Old 11-01-2008, 02:33 PM
mjamm

Default RE: Can someone post some pictures of the QQ 73" Yak with the blue scheme?

Just ordered one and it will be here Thursday. I will post some pictures when I unpack it. At first I did not like the scheme design either, but after seeing video of the plan, it grew on me. It looks like it will provide good orientation on the up/down lines.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:07 PM
onewasp

Default RE: Can someone post some pictures of the QQ 73" Yak with the blue scheme?

ORIGINAL: Flyboy1958

I am thinking of getting Quique's 73" Yak54, the brio scheme with the light blue, but I'm not convinced I even like the scheme. Maybe it looks better in person. I need to at least see some good photos though if anyone has some they can share. Thanks

Right here, and NOT hard to find!!
http://www.somenzini.com/html/aircraft/yak73.html

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6104842/tm.htm

I find that the "paint schemes" take on a very positive allure when it is on a ship that flies beautifully.

Oh, and yes it IS very attractive in blue (exclusive to the current 73" Quique YAK)
and that is true both before and after flying it.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:45 PM
mjamm

Flyboy, received the new yak today and it most certainly looks better in person. The colors are much more vibrant and the canopy doesn't have so much of the silvery look in person. I will try to post some picks this weekend, but I do not think you will be disappointed in the brio scheme. Also, the QQ sale will be ending on 12/15/08, so you may want to decide and take advantage of the discounted pricing.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:18 PM
ctnic

Here is a picture with the original color scheme and some with yellow added to the wings.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29152.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	1068838   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33091.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1068839   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18763.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	1068840  
Old 11-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Flyboy1958
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds good, ya I'm still undecided.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:17 PM
mjamm

ctnic, two questions;

1. Did you change the mounting design on the canopy? I do see the rear screw hole - maybe just the photo?
2. Where did you get your plane holder?

My horizontal stab has a few items inside of it rattling, so not sure what to do? Leave it, cut a hole an remove the items, or see if QQ will replace it?
Old 11-09-2008, 10:27 PM
mjamm

Meant to say... I didn't see your mounting holes in the rear of canopy....
Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
ctnic

mjamm,

I used a canopy quick release (from Hobby Lobby) mounted to the top interior fuse behind the canopy. I prefer this over canopy screws. If you go this route just make sure the pin that goes into the canopy stays tight and does not get sloppy.

The plane restraint is from JL Products: http://www.jlproducts.net/ProductTailTrap.html

Personally, I would just cut a hole in the stab and remove whatever is rattling inside just to make sure its not structural damage.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 PM
mjamm

ctnic,

Thanks for the info. I definitely like the clean installation using the canopy quick release, so I will be getting one of those. I appreciate the link for the restraint too.

As for my stab... Once again QQ customer service shines. They are going to send me a new stab!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 05:14 PM
bzyguy01

I will agree that QQ service is second to none! I had a few issues and Alicea totally handled it promptly! They are great
The plane is awesome looking!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77462.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1084365