RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

easy Corr truck project

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 12:21 PM
ravenlunatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easy Corr truck project

this is what i've been working on for the past few weeks:

ever since the sc8 and the slayer came out, i've wanted one. the thing is i could never afford an sc8 because it just would not fit my poor budget and as for the slayer, I never want to deal with another traxxas again. still my interest in the corr/desert style trucks grew and grew so i started to look into an alternative. I did some searching around and found this video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITn10JRmGe8

The guy used a converted 1/8 buggy and a slash body. spining off from this, i decided to buy a used hyper7 w/o engine - 150$ and slaped my old picco28 into it and got it runing. next I compared the proline desert rat and hardcore bodies and went with the hardcore body - 35$. I used a couple of savage body posts and extra hitec servo horns to mount the body. to mount the posts, i used longer screws - .40$ and screwed them directly to the shock towers.

once the body was mounted i found that the ride hieght of the hyper7 was too low so i bent the limiters on the chassis to allow the arms more travel thus raising the buggy to the "just right" height

once i got it all together i took it out and tore around for a few tanks...it was a blast! then i took it in and found that dirt, mud, grass, leaves, rocks, you name it got everywhere under the body and on the buggy. it was a mess!. to fight the messy issue i re-trimed the buggy body and mounted it under the hardcore body. i also made some dirt-blockers using the scraps from the hardcore body

all together this project only cost me less than 200$, but i had my own engine.

the end result is as you see below. I hope that this will inspire others to do the same or similar. and when you do, post it here!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78422.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1073782   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44106.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	1073783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97345.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1073784   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36515.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1073785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zk67379.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1073786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73322.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1073787   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35292.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1073788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88531.jpg
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1073789  

Old 11-17-2008, 01:00 PM
KRO

Default RE: easy Corr truck project

LOL , I've been planning on doing for a while , gonna use an Ofna Ravager buggy , I got the Hardcore body also .

Are you going too put on bumpers ? I am going too use the ones from an LST2 , another RCU member used the Slayer or Slash 's .

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8121465/tm.htm]BUGGY TO CORR CONVERSION[/link]

He also used the wing mount for added support under the rear of the body .

The last of the parts I was waiting on should be here today and I plan on starting it tonight .

Too bad its getting cold here , I'll have to wait till next spring too kick some Slayer butt !
Old 11-17-2008, 01:13 PM
ravenlunatic

ORIGINAL: KRO

LOL , I've been planning on doing for a while , gonna use an Ofna Ravager buggy , I got the Hardcore body also .

Are you going too put on bumpers ? I am going too use the ones from an LST2 , another RCU member used the Slayer or Slash 's .

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8121465/tm.htm]BUGGY TO CORR CONVERSION[/link]

He also used the wing mount for added support under the rear of the body .

The last of the parts I was waiting on should be here today and I plan on starting it tonight .

Too bad its getting cold here , I'll have to wait till next spring too kick some Slayer butt !

thats what i'm talking about!

i'm waiting on a set of bumpers from a hyperST...i do have a couple of lst bumpers laying around though...hmmm.

post pics if you can!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
dittch
Banned

that's looks very nice, you just motivated me to do the same to my ravager (same wheelbase/track as hyper 7)

do you have problems with the tires rubbing the body at the wheel wells? I'm worried the tall 1/8 buggy wheels will always contact the body,
Old 11-17-2008, 05:03 PM
ravenlunatic

set mine up with the body seated kinda low so it rubs the body when it bottoms out, it's not a major issue to me though because the wheel wells fit the buggy tires so well that there are no jagged points hitting the tires to do any damage... it could easily be fixed by raising the body a couple notches.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
uhoo_01

starting my corr project very soon with my mbx5r. i got body mounts on there way and sum front and rear savage bumpers and bash plates got them real cheap. Finding a slayer body here in AUS cheaper than $65 bucks may be abit hard , but that will be the most costly thing to get.. il post some pics when i get it all and start modding.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM
ravenlunatic

ORIGINAL: uhoo_01

starting my corr project very soon with my mbx5r. i got body mounts on there way and sum front and rear savage bumpers and bash plates got them real cheap. Finding a slayer body here in AUS cheaper than $65 bucks may be abit hard , but that will be the most costly thing to get.. il post some pics when i get it all and start modding.
sweet man! i'll be looking foward to seeing your pics
Old 11-19-2008, 12:39 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I'm jumping on the bandwagon too...just trying to score a Hyper 7 for the right price.

STOP OUTBIDDING ME PEOPLE
Old 11-19-2008, 04:35 PM
mercerbeef

anyone think of trying a hpi mt chassis? electric or nitro? if i find one cheap i might try it
Old 11-19-2008, 05:22 PM
uhoo_01

wich body do ya think looks better the slayer proline hardcore body OR the slayer proline desert rat body ??????????? for this convertion
Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
ravenlunatic

i think they both look good...but if i had to do it again i'd try the desert rat.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
ravenlunatic

ORIGINAL: mercerbeef

anyone think of trying a hpi mt chassis? electric or nitro? if i find one cheap i might try it
i don't know if the mt chassis will be a good fit. i think the arms may be too long.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM
uhoo_01

ORIGINAL: ravenlunatic

i think they both look good...but if i had to do it again i'd try the desert rat.
ok cool i thik the rat will be it because having alot of trouble gettin a hordcore body in australia . the desert rat here says its for a revo will it still fit a buggy ya reckon?
Old 11-19-2008, 10:48 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Wrong body...has to be the one for the Slayer
Old 11-20-2008, 01:40 AM
ravenlunatic

yup...i know it can get confusing because proline has a "desert rat" body for a lot of vehicles. they are all different sizes for example: there is a "desert rat" for the revo and then there is a "desert rat" body for the hpi 5b as well. I found that on Proline's web site: www.pro-lineracing.com/ they have corr truck bodies (which is where the slash and slayer bodies are found) and some helpfull measurements on each body. compare the wheel base of the body to the wheel base of your buggy, it's a simple way to judge how the body will look on your vehicle.

What site are you ordering your body from?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Nesal

I also have a hyper7 and am looking to convert it to a corr truck! What body did you use? The proline hardcore body for the slash or slayer? Thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 05:57 PM
mercerbeef

raven- the arms shouldn't be an issue if you use buggy arms. hpi has the brama, mayb a little work and they mite fit? or the hotbodies D4's arms?
or the D8's?
Old 12-07-2008, 10:22 AM
ravenlunatic

Nesal: i used the proline hardcore body made for the slayer

Mercerbeef: i'm not familiar with the d4 and d8 but if then are 1/10 they may be too short in wheel base. I guess you'll never really know until you try Good luck!