Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Dealing with a deadbeat

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 AM
erocki
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealing with a deadbeat

I purchased something from ******** on here and paid him right away....he said after I paid him that he didn't have the money to send the truck to me...now he disappeared. What do you do with someone like this?

Also, he closed the auction before I could even put in a bid...how to I get to leave feedback? I have the paper trail of the purchased.

Any help...

E
Old 12-04-2008, 10:51 AM
cobra26

Default RE: Dealing with a deadbeat

There are two things you can do.

1. Report him to the moderator and get him locked out of these forums.

2. Contact the Internet Fraud Division of the FBI. All internet transactions are interstate and under their jurisdiction. This is not a joke as there is such a division and I have used them successfully in the past for just this kind of fraud, but on eBay.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 AM
The Hybrid

I told you Im having financial issues and I will send it,Im sorry it worked out this way but as you can see on RCU all my ratings are good,you just hit me at a rough patch in my life.
Im sending man chill... there's no need for all of this...
Old 12-09-2008, 01:27 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please remember the forums are not be to be used to post complaints, feedback or warnings about other members. Because of this, the original post has been edited to remove the other members username.

When a transaction is completed in any way other than through the marketplace tools, the site has no record of the transaction. Because of that, there is no way to post or receive a rating for that transaction. This is explained in every ad through the link WHY IT'S CRITICAL FOR BUYERS TO USE THE "MAKE OFFER" FORM VS. EMAIL

Note: This issue been handled through email.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:57 PM
The Hybrid

This issue has been taken care of...
Old 01-13-2009, 10:40 PM
tnralberta
My Feedback: (3)

His name wasnt ******************** was it I sent my stuff to him we agreed to do it at the same time but guess what I got screwed now his thing is suspended. [][>:][:@]
Old 01-14-2009, 12:40 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Again, please keep in mind the forums are not to be used to call out other members. We have a rating and complaint system in place in the marketplace that is to be used to report problems with other members.