Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Just Got an SC8!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:35 PM
SC8Derek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just Got an SC8!!!

Electric is very cool for sure! I wanted to be a lill different and where i bash i have some room so i got the AB Mods .28 Drag Picco, Next week it will be here, I can't wait!, That is pretty crazy two Dereks with BD Trucks! I like the KMC version too but wanted some contrast and I use some of BD's products so it fits.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:43 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Videos guys, videos...
Old 12-10-2008, 02:40 PM
fsbb33
My Feedback: (5)

does anyone here race these at your local track? ive heard a lot are setting up seperate divisions for these trucks like they have for the slash etc. Just wondering, I see a lot of people putting dish wheels/tires on these trucks, but isnt the whole point to have a scale looking racer? i think they just need to make some new tread designs, like from pro line , but you should have to keep the truck looking scale. what do you guys think?
Old 12-10-2008, 03:41 PM
willg

My sc8 is running a 2048 kv 5mm shaft motor, 13 tooth pinion

going to sell off all the unused nitro crap

my brother inlaw had me build him one too

compared to my slash...

Old 12-10-2008, 05:49 PM
dhyde79

ORIGINAL: SC8Derek

Electric is very cool for sure! I wanted to be a lill different and where i bash i have some room so i got the AB Mods .28 Drag Picco, Next week it will be here, I can't wait!, That is pretty crazy two Dereks with BD Trucks! I like the KMC version too but wanted some contrast and I use some of BD's products so it fits.
I went for the BD model because my father in law is a diehard bulldog lover
Old 12-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Alpha Male
My Feedback: (11)

does anyone here race these at your local track? ive heard a lot are setting up seperate divisions for these trucks like they have for the slash etc. Just wondering, I see a lot of people putting dish wheels/tires on these trucks, but isnt the whole point to have a scale looking racer? i think they just need to make some new tread designs, like from pro line , but you should have to keep the truck looking scale. what do you guys think?
I guess if you plan to run a stock class, the trucks all need to be stock-even the wheels/tires. Let the drivers' skill determine the race. I like the Badlands tires because they rip rather than slide, but the dish wheels could go. I'm all about the scale look, but better performance is better IMO. [sm=thumbs_up.gif] I can change them to fit the situation.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:27 AM
dhyde79

picked mine up earlier, finished my 5th tank about 20 minutes ago, and so far, it's awesome, can't really say much more than that, though, I can say I'll be looking to find a way to make it a bit more throttle responsive, as currently, the truck doesn't start to move until 3/4 throttle, either the truck's not running its throttle band as far as it should, it's got a terrible tune (which is possible, however, with the temp outside being about 50F full body on, it's running around 185F-195F with a pretty good wind, I tweaked it down to make it run around 215F and it runs quite nicely, but, the wind blowing brings it back down pretty quickly in temp. I'm giving a bit of forgiveness on that temp also, since I'm using the nitro temp telemetry sensor on the DX3S instead of using a temp gun, the sensor's wrapped around the "block" where it should be getting a more accurate temp...but, it's definately running like it's rather rich....(can't tell how much smoke there was, it's windy and dark outside)

I'd gladly take some pointers on tuning that motor in....though, I'm very close to pulling that motor out, seeing if its backplate will fit my LRP .28 spec3, and if so, I'm throwing that motor in the truck, because that thing is a beast, and I know it's got to have a ton more power......not to mention I'll be working on getting one of the buku pipes for the truck as well, as I've heard wonderous praise of them. The truck is most assuredly a beast, and handles like a dream, I tried quite hard to get it to flip like my savage does, and in 3 tanks of fuel, complete with snapping it hard, side to side, hitting the throttle quick and hard when popping into the corners, it was up on 2 wheels once, and did roll over once, and that's all it did....I'm very impressed with it as far as handling.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:46 AM
SC8Derek

I got a Very nice 5 cell and I also got mine up to 230 degrees an the Throttle response is Very Snappy right off idle, Their directions for the tune is the 8.0 engine NOT the Engine thats in the Truck I had to Lean the HSN a Bunch and then The LSN as well Finally got it running wayyy better, I still keep burning #8 Plugs like no tomarro but I have the Tune a Lot Better and Switching back to the R5 Colder Plugs as they seem to Start and Last Better, All I can Say Is I can't wait for my AB Picco .28!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:18 AM
dhyde79

I've not burned a plug yet, on that point, how on earth do you get that stupid remote start lead off so I can put a different plug in? On the tuning, how far in did you have to lean each? Which fuel are you running? (30% Odonnel for me for now, till I get the tune close and the gallon runs out, then I'll switch to sidewinder 30% Race edition, till the gallon and a half that I've got left of that is used up too.....after that, if I don't convert it to electric, I'll go to whichever has run better.....)
Old 12-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Alpha Male

I made a little video of our CORR trucks in my buddy's backyard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCvqSXR5_Kk
Old 12-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Alpha Male

how on earth do you get that stupid remote start lead off so I can put a different plug in?
It pulls/pops off, just give it a yank.

On the tuning, how far in did you have to lean each? Which fuel are you running?
I've been running 20% White Lightning because I got a good deal on it, but I'm about to switch over to 30% and will have to richen up a bit to retune the motor. As long as you have a steady stream of smoke and the temps don't get much over 200 degrees, you should be fine. I don't know my settings at the moment, but I should find out tomorrow at the LHS's track. Just lean the low end needle first, until the motor revs and then dies when you pinch the fuel line running to the carb. The high end needle is where you made most of the tuning adjustments, but I base it on how it sounds. [] If the motor is bogging down under throttle, lean it until the motor sounds clean. Then drive and check the temps every two or three minutes and make adjustments. Too hot, richen the high end needle.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:32 AM
SC8Derek

I'm Running 20% Odonnel Race Fuel, Mine was so rich at the factory setting it was spitting raw fuel and oil out the exhaust at idle! I went in a Over a Turn Clockwise on the LSN around 5.25 turns from bottomed out, and 3/4 Turn aprox 2.00-2.25 turns from bottomed out on the HSN, I just kept turning till it started to run better and watch temps very closely and Make Tiny Adjustments no more than an 1/8 turn at a time, Which i'm sure you know I just don't want someone to try my settings and Burn someting up!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:53 AM
HerrSavage

Just curious - how are you guys finding the stock engine? Easy to break in and tune? Good power?? I couldn't believe that out of the box the thing is supposed to go like 45mph...
Old 12-14-2008, 03:44 AM
SC8Derek

Its Got Power No Doubt What is Hampering performance IMO is the Plastic Clutch Shoes They really don't seem to hook well at all But One Thing about Mine at least is the Throttle Response right off idle is Instant, I haven't gotten to play Much yet so far Break in is ok But wayyy Overly rich on the factory settings IMO, I set my LSN at 6.25 turns out and my HSN at 2.75 turns out and it was so rich I ended up Burning up 4 Plugs in the First 7 Tanks! What is Needed to Run This Truck Properly IMHO Is a Nice Starter Box like the Dual Motor Ofna That way you aren't wiping out starter drives at 6$ a piece it can get Spendy But other than that its a Good Truck stock and plenty fast for stock, I just wish it had a 2 or 3 speed for bashing! I think i'll get the RC8 2 speed tranny for mine! Remember this is Just my 2Cnts
Old 12-14-2008, 08:03 AM
07fastback
My Feedback: (145)

i think i agree on the 2 speed i keep waitin for it to change gears every tank i run it gets better and better cant wait to actually race it
Old 12-14-2008, 09:11 AM
dhyde79

speed it's got plenty of for how it handles, it's as fast or faster than my savage was before I went brushless with it, so.......I'm plenty happy, and, I'll give you a report on how it does at the track (hopefully with video) in a few hours.....track opens in almost 2, gonna go get ready and maybe idle a tank through before I go over there to warm the motor a little since it's 44F outside......
Old 12-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Alpha Male

I think i'll get the RC8 2 speed tranny for mine!
I like the idea, but I think the RC8 is a single speed buggy isn't it? []
Old 12-14-2008, 12:43 PM
SC8Derek

Yeah For some reason i was thinking the RC8 or RC8T were a 2 speed But i was wrong i found out last night, Its too bad too Cause it would just bolt in and be an easy swap!
Old 12-14-2008, 01:56 PM
HerrSavage

ORIGINAL: Alpha Male

I made a little video of our CORR trucks in my buddy's backyard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCvqSXR5_Kk

Great vid dude.. Those things really look fun..

(I prefer vids with engine noise though.. )
Old 12-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Twin_Zilla

Thats a sweet ruck you got there
The Traxxas Slayer and Slash and now this, are low cg truck the new craze?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:20 PM
dhyde79

well, I think we got it tuned in, it was a pain in the arse to do, but, we got it....got it running great on the track, but no decent vids of it, once we got it dialed in, the handling on the truck quickly became more than what I cared to keep fighting with on the track.....love the thing though.....need to swap the motor out for the LRP though.....
Old 12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool vid, glad to see you guys are liking these things[8D]
Old 12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
SC8Derek

Awesome Vids Alpha Male!!! What body mods did you do to fit the Badlands? I want to swap to the same setup which wheels to use? Thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Alpha Male

Awesome Vids Alpha Male!!! What body mods did you do to fit the Badlands? I want to swap to the same setup which wheels to use? Thanks!
Thanks. I did not do any body mods at all. The Badlands tires have an obviously taller tread pattern so it will rub a little on the inside of the truck body, but I can live with it since mine is steadily getting trashed anyway. These copies are every bit as good as the Badlands (I have both) you will find in your LHS, at a fraction of the cost...I recommend getting a set or two of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Big-Blocks-B...3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Big-Blocks-W...3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Big-Blocks-W...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 12-17-2008, 07:28 PM
fsbb33
My Feedback: (5)

Does anyone know where to get the external glow plug module. Having the head for your glow ignitor mounted somewhere other than atop the engine is a great idea.

Does it work with all engines, all glowplugs? I was going to get it to use on my lst2 b.c it has the Bounty Hunter body and it would make it so i do not have to remove the body and put it back on everytime i run it. it seems like a great idea.

Any info would help guys!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.