Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Aeroworks Vendor Forum
Reload this Page >

New 50cc Extra 300LP QB

Community
Search
Notices
Aeroworks Vendor Forum This is the place to go for all your questions concerning anything Aeroworks. Rocco, Mark, and the rest of the Aeroworks staff will be manning this forum so that they can answer all your questions.

New 50cc Extra 300LP QB

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 02:25 PM
squidster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 50cc Extra 300LP QB

We have the red/black/silver. Looks very good in the air. Have a few pics, but we haven't been able to get them with a good sky. Been somewhat cloudy when we have her out. Running DA50 with Vess 22B prop and it screams like a scalded dog. Can and will do absolutely anything and everything you are capable of yourself.

I think my sons want to try IMAC next year.... So this will probably be our primary IMAC plane, this weekend we spent both days working on trimming the plane out to our liking, still not perfect yet though. Will probably take another weekend or 2.

Just picked up a "pre-owned" SD Extra 260 33%er. Hope to have the engine and servos etc in by this weekend. The boys may change their mind after they fly the bigger plane, and may want to use that one as the primary??[8D]
Old 12-08-2008, 04:28 PM
LeeHunt

Hey Howdy
Could we have some pictures please. Iam really trying to get one of these planes in Australia, but it seems everyone is Gunna get it[:@]
Still I live in hope
Lee
Old 12-09-2008, 01:54 PM
squidster

I'll see what my son has on the camera if anything and try to get it posted up. We haven't added any additional grafx to it yet other than a smart-fly on the turtle deck. He will be home from work late this afternoon.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:51 PM
LeeHunt

That would be just great mate. thanks
Tell me are they really as QB as they say, Iam one of those people that just doesn't have a lot of time to spare but if I do then I want to fly.
Would like to know as Iam really trying to get one.
Cheers
Lee
Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
squidster

Total build time was about 12 hours including about 2.5 hrs on just the covering. It really is just installing your stuff mostly. The only "building" is gluing the rudder and cutting the cowl. Will try to get pic up in a little while. Son and I are working on a re-engineering of our Comp-Arf Yak. It has serious landing gear mounting problem. Should never have been put into production with this design.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 PM
talon58
My Feedback: (125)

Could you go into detail on the landing gear mounting issue?

I had one of the earlier Yak 100cc and it was a wood plate/block affair. This setup would not take much stress before it would fail. AW then changed it to the standard wood/aluminum bracket setup, which works very well.

I fly off a grass field and added strength in the landing gear area is always nice.

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:45 PM
squidster

ORIGINAL: talon58

Could you go into detail on the landing gear mounting issue?

I had one of the earlier Yak 100cc and it was a wood plate/block affair. This setup would not take much stress before it would fail. AW then changed it to the standard wood/aluminum bracket setup, which works very well.

I fly off a grass field and added strength in the landing gear area is always nice.

Thanks.

The landing gear problem is NOT with the AW 300. As mentioned, it is in another plane... Comp-Arf Yak 55 2.1m. Their landing gear mount is a thin piece of plywood glued to a very thin piece of fiberglass with only a very small inadequate bulk head to distribute the stress. We removed the existing mess, installed a HUGE mounting plate, added extra glass and a full around the fuse bulk head, and additional bracing at the rear of the mount to better distribute the stress of the landing load. This particular plane as designed, will not tolerate ANYTHING less than a perfect landing.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:01 PM
talon58
My Feedback: (125)

Thanks for setting me straight on the landing gear. I should have read the post a little better.

Glad to know that I missed the part on the comp-arf. AW planes are one of the best built planes around. I had a Comp-Arf Yak and had he same weak landing gear issue.