Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

2wd Drift Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 04:31 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd Drift Tips?

I'm part way in the making of my asphalt stampede project and I was thinking of a slight detour. I've lowered the stampede and the shocks have 45 wt oil and some really stiff springs. I was pondering about creating some pvc or abs drift tires.

Can you guys give me some tips on 2wd drifting? Frankly, it's harder than 4wd :/
Old 12-15-2008, 03:32 PM
str8.krooked

Default RE: 2wd Drift Tips?

Honestly...stick with 4wd or you will be frustrated. It's basically impossible to maintain controll of a 2wd drifter around a track. Sure you can slide a 2wd RC, but you'll have a super tough time getting it around an acutal drifting track. My advise is stick with 4wd and cut (or buy) some ABS that fit's your rims.

I know it's not what you wanted to do, so sorry if I didn't help.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:04 PM
peetiewonder

my tip: good luck
Old 12-15-2008, 06:26 PM
aftermarket

Thanks guys. I'm eyeing a tt-01 atm. I'm thinking about putting in my mamba max 4600 and some drift tires, but will the transmission hold?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:37 PM
s0nicstr1fe

probably... lots of "Depends on what you expect"

Lots of people throw brushless in a tt01 and fly around
Good thing is, parts are cheap

If you chew up some spurs just PM me
I'll send you some extras for the cost of shipping. Only as long as you become MASTeR OtaKu TaCo DrifteR!!! jk

anyways, welcome to drift
Old 12-15-2008, 11:53 PM
aftermarket

Wow thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I really do intend on getting a tt-01 for drifting because of the cheap price! + I love to build my own things.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
ravenlunatic

i went BL with my tt-01 and found that it's not very stable at high speeds and it sounds like it's rattling the car to pieces.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:46 AM
peetiewonder

with brushless make sure to upgrade to ball bearings, aluminum shaft and aluminum motor mount. i would lean towards a sensored system over a sensorless system in a tt01 because the sensorless systems arent as smooth so they jar the gears a little more. Also anything faster than a 8.5t (5000kv) and the car will sound disgustingly (or awesomely) loud but the car will hold up to it fine. i ran a novak 7.5T in mine for a long time and then a 6.5 slyder for a while.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Fr33ze

Man, I really wish I hadda video cam...

You should see your old bandit drift with paddles, ski's and an inch of snow, its wicked!

Throttle control is your only hope to drift 2wd, and its very difficult... I would suggest (lightly so it won't cave in the tire) wrapping a set of back tires with electrical tape, with the end of the tape going the right way, and a dab of tire glue on the end so it won't unravel on you, and give her a whirl. A sensored bl system is a must if you want total control, especially at low speeds. I get by with a mm/3500. Try (if you can) a brushed system first and see if it helps your control the pede.

I drifted a tandem axle, 5 ton propane bulk truck last week. Talk about trippy, lol. I will drift anything I can get my hands on, 94' fwd cavi, 88' thunderbird, 72' yamaha snowjet, old tractors, ANYTHING! You could say I'm obsessed with drifting...

Cheers.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Spetz

I don't think you need that much power for drifting
Also, seeing as you will be using drift tyres there wont be any grip so you wont break any drivetrain