Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drag Racing
Reload this Page >

superchargers and n.o.s. on 2 strokes?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drag Racing For all you straight line enthusiasts. Discuss all aspects of rc drag racing here!

superchargers and n.o.s. on 2 strokes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:45 AM
bikeracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: superchargers and n.o.s. on 2 strokes?

ORIGINAL: Brent Davis

I just happen to have about 20 different pipes laying around and was fortunate enuff to try alot of them to find one that made the motor happier having air forced to the intake but at the same time out the exhaust too. The none baffled pipe seems to help feed some fuel back to the motor and run alot better for "MY" combo. I am just stating that I installed one, got the temps in the same ranges as a motor only tune, used the none andbaffled pipe and the darn thing was doing fine I have NEVER burnt a junk 3.3 with it yet. It's all goohare though.d information to s
Just my opinion and I'm not trying to start a flame war.

I think your results will have more to do with using a less restrictive pipe than anything to do with a supercharger.
I don't run the so called tuned pipes that fit cars because in my humble opinion they're not proper pipes as in a conventional tuned pipe.I think that all the so called "tuned car pipes" are really just made to incorporate a silencer and fit in the constraints of a body shell.

If these superchargers really worked I think the boat lads would all be using one as well as a proper tuned pipe.

Here's a proper pipe for an OS.28 XZ.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:16 PM
dkastil

if they were any good we all would have one ,and the engine and car co's would have turbo and supercharged versions of cars they would sell liike hot cakes it just sounds so cool ,if they worked and were reliable traxxas would have a turbo jato or supercharged jato in a flash .
Old 10-01-2008, 05:15 AM
Brent Davis

ORIGINAL: bikeracer

I just happen to have about 20 different pipes laying around and was fortunate enuff to try alot of them to find one that made the motor happier having air forced to the intake but at the same time out the exhaust too. The none baffled pipe seems to help feed some fuel back to the motor and run alot better for "MY" combo. I am just stating that I installed one, got the temps in the same ranges as a motor only tune, used the none andbaffled pipe and the darn thing was doing fine I have NEVER burnt a junk 3.3 with it yet. It's all goohare though.d information to s
Just my opinion and I'm not trying to start a flame war.

I think your results will have more to do with using a less restrictive pipe than anything to do with a supercharger.
I don't run the so called tuned pipes that fit cars because in my humble opinion they're not proper pipes as in a conventional tuned pipe.I think that all the so called "tuned car pipes" are really just made to incorporate a silencer and fit in the constraints of a body shell.

If these superchargers really worked I think the boat lads would all be using one as well as a proper tuned pipe.

Here's a proper pipe for an OS.28 XZ.

bikeracer, I agree. That is why I just tested and tested and tested for "MYSELF" with these different pipes and I also agree that the so called tuned pipes are just that, to keep noise down. I know for a fact that boat pipes and the piep that you made in the picture make more power than a tuned pipe depending if you know where to cut the stinger and all that. I have a full on Pro-Mod using a .ported .28 Picco and at our tracks, you won't find a tuned/baffled pipe in sight. One guy went from 2.0's in 132' drags to 1.80's by changing pipes and not even touching the needle settings on the engine....just changed the pipes.

I also agree that "IF" the chargers worked so great that alot of people would have them but it is ALWAYS people that have never used or tried one that speak the loudest about them. I again am not endorsing one. I was just stating my real world results and have not destroyed my engine as that guy said in the video which I don't believe at all. I would ask him to show the blow engine apart.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:20 AM
SAVAGEJIM

well for "1", bet that there may be 2 guys that have posted here that have atually TESTED one of these superchargers while other ppl just post what they have heard or what others have posted here. LOL. Stop posting theroies.
Have you put this on a Dyno and actually tested it without and with the RB Innovations?

RC Mag did a test and according to the results, the actual increase was very small.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:41 PM
gearhead1951

i am a retired us navy nco, my specialty was diesels. gm marine diesels are 2 stroke and supercharged!! motorcycle and other automotive 2 strokes are built different but if you do the proper engineering and prep, supercharging works quite well for these engines as well!!

20 YRS IN TH' HOLE!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:55 PM
dkastil

ORIGINAL: gearhead1951

i am a retired us navy nco, my specialty was diesels. gm marine diesels are 2 stroke and supercharged!! motorcycle and other automotive 2 strokes are built different but if you do the proper engineering and prep, supercharging works quite well for these engines as well!!

20 YRS IN TH' HOLE!!!!
a 2 stroke diesle or marine 2 stroke is not the same thing as a nitro glow engine . Turbos and superchargers work great ,just not on nitro glow engines .I asume you have built alot of 2 strokes ,go take apart a nitro 2 stroke and you will se alot of parts missing like reed's i will find some skimatics to show you the difference witch will be clear to you after 20 years .
Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 AM
Wardster

I wonder if a fuel-pump, such as the Perry VP30, might help with the reported supercharger lean-out effects.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

working or not i wouldn't buy one i personally think the gain that you may see isn't worth it IMO
Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: gearhead1951

20 YRS IN TH' HOLE!!!!
As any snipe (no insult intended) would know, these marine diesels have Valves to keep the additional boost from the tubo- or super- chargers. Our 2-stroke model nitro engines are not valved nor do they have any reeds or any mechanical decvices to keep presure in the cylinder form the increased boost. Ou 2stroke model nitro engiens even use a different from of scavenging than used on the naval diesel 2-strokes. Our nitro engines are mostly loop scavenging, their are some taht are cross scavenging, but none that I know of (at lesat in production) are draw through valved scavenging like the naval diesels.

Our model nito engins are capable of 35000RPM, and in the race grade small blocks, even pushing 45000RPM. This is mostly possible because of the lack orf alot of moving parts. Valves andotehr mechanical devices to keep the higher boost in teh cylinder will hurt that RPM capability.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:54 PM
nitronut1
Banned

dose anyone no if a nitro supercharger works.im whant to put one on a new os 30 but i heard they make the motor run at 300 degrees any one have experiance with a supercharger
Old 11-26-2008, 08:56 PM
NitroVette

This is the only nitro supercharger that works, the only reason it works is because it's a four stroke who's valves close during the compression stroke.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18050.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1079610  
Old 11-26-2008, 09:43 PM
traxxaspede

that car doesnt look rc, looks like a model.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:47 PM
HJJFFFAA

It's a 1/4 scale, a beautiful one at that. Is that yours NitroVette?
Old 11-27-2008, 12:18 AM
sixshootertexan

Quarter scale with a Conley V8.

http://www.conleyprecision.com/
Old 12-22-2008, 02:17 AM
SC8Derek

That pipe you have for that OS .28 is Nice! I have a Drag Modded Picco by AB, Does anyone make a Pipe like that for mine?
Old 12-27-2008, 12:28 AM
au_wozza

ORIGINAL: SC8Derek

That pipe you have for that OS .28 is Nice! I have a Drag Modded Picco by AB, Does anyone make a Pipe like that for mine?
Make your own
http://www.mh-aerotools.de/airfoils/javapipe_en.htm
Cheers
Wozza

Old 01-28-2009, 12:26 AM
gonzobot

ive had first had experience with this super charger on my trx 2.5 and i would have to say it did make a noticeable difference but im not saying go out and buy one they're not worth the tunning headache your better off with pipe, porting...ect. beside force injection can pretty much be achieved with the crank

Old 02-08-2009, 01:10 PM
NitroVette

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

It's a 1/4 scale, a beautiful one at that. Is that yours NitroVette?

Yes, thanks for the compliment.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Mudgy

ORIGINAL: gonzobot

ive had first had experience with this super charger on my trx 2.5 and i would have to say it did make a noticeable difference but im not saying go out and buy one they're not worth the tunning headache your better off with pipe, porting...ect. beside force injection can pretty much be achieved with the crank

Is that crank DLC coated?