Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato Offroad anygood?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:41 PM
dwjr8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jato Offroad anygood?

im saying your ignorant because you refuse to accept the possibility of the Jato being a capable offroad truck because it is not as durable as the HPI. have you ever owned a Jato and spent time with it offroad?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:42 PM
f0rb3s

still waiting for the same answer......
i'll guess i'll answer it for u...
hpi has smaller bore shocks, less travel, unable to become a 2 speed... and how many shock mounting options do u have stock?
but i'll be... u have a 23 dollar ball diff... cause it is so hard to change the fluid...
true ackerman steering
how would a storm handle to a 71 mph impact? w/o rpm arms.... thought so...
availability of parts.... i forgot every on line store has them if u want to wait...
customer service..... i've been on the phone with them over missing parts in my kit.... whata joke...
easy tio tune... i'll fire mine up in 2-3 pulls every time...
u r right.. for a beginner who just wants to wot... AND NEEDS SOMETHING THEY DONT HAVE TO TUNE... GET THE STORM,
or just go electric... maybe a rustler would suit u best....
now for the answers u have been googlin all day in order to respond to my question
the storm has a shoerter wheelbase, therfor is more responsive in the turns....
hpi makes a quality product... i have the same ol rs4 i have had for years...
not sayin traxxas doesnt
it comes with better tires......
the radio system is far better in the rtr than traxxas could ever hope to have (untill their 2.4 comes out)
fuel consumpyion is better with an hpi....
o and the most important thing... roar legal

now that u have been educated in the "facts" in which u have failed to present over and over again...
feel free to use them in ur future arguments against traxxas....
Old 12-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Chris_RC

The Firestorm can have a 2-speed: [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0krDl4o_fo&feature=related[/link]
Old 12-13-2008, 09:00 PM
NitroNate

Oh sure,its capable all right...I don't know how many times I said that...ANY ST IS CAPABLE WHEN YOU HOP IT UP...
Once again,you bring back the topic that has bean talked over and settled...Come into the present.

For your information,the Jato does not go 71..Its claimed to go 65mph,but few are getting even that much...BTW,how could you go 71mph off-road??[X(]
Old 12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
f0rb3s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEjwzCeDUxY

theres a 71.. and yes it is on road....
how about a 52 mph wheelie?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsYGzyQ7SRI

roof jumping (its the second one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPfAHj3jHCo

and once again.... as i posted before
because everyone wants to avoid it....

still waiting for the same answer......
i'll guess i'll answer it for u...
hpi has smaller bore shocks, less travel, unable to become a 2 speed... and how many shock mounting options do u have stock?
but i'll be... u have a 23 dollar ball diff... cause it is so hard to change the fluid...
true ackerman steering
availability of parts.... i forgot every on line store has them if u want to wait...
customer service..... i've been on the phone with them over missing parts in my kit.... whata joke...
easy tio tune... i'll fire mine up in 2-3 pulls every time...
u r right.. for a beginner who just wants to wot... AND NEEDS SOMETHING THEY DONT HAVE TO TUNE... GET THE STORM,
or just go electric... maybe a rustler would suit u best....
now for the answers u have been googlin all day in order to respond to my question
the storm has a shoerter wheelbase, therfor is more responsive in the turns....
hpi makes a quality product... i have the same ol rs4 i have had for years...
not sayin traxxas doesnt
it comes with better tires......
the radio system is far better in the rtr than traxxas could ever hope to have (untill their 2.4 comes out)
fuel consumpyion is better with an hpi....
o and the most important thing... roar legal

now that u have been educated in the "facts" in which u have failed to present over and over again...
feel free to use them in ur future arguments against traxxas....

Old 12-13-2008, 09:50 PM
JatoGuy

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

Jatoguy,Check this out: http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/h...estormBash.flv This is a rather old video(About a year old).Here is my Firestorm doing 8-15ft jumps off of my 4ft. ramp.(No dirt incline to land on)
I had no upgrades besides the new body and Moab tires...

And? I never said you or the the Firestorm couldn't. "I don't know how many times I said that...ANY ST IS CAPABLE WHEN YOU HOP IT UP... " Actually you just recently started saying that. Before that you and your buddies were all Traxxas jato is on road and designed only for street etc etc.

Anyway, Nitro Nate how long have you been at this Jato bashing. I knew I recognized your name. I remember that video from a long long time ago, as you used it as "proof" to how superior Firestorms are. Its a good video and the Storm looks good. Just hope you realize that a junky traxxas jato could hit that same ramp from the same starting point and significantly out distance the storm. Also what is with all the "no damage" !! It landed on four wheels why would it break... Nothing in that video remotely impressed me with all your durability clams.

Edit- Forbes I am pretty sure the HPI isnt roar legal as is out of the box. Engine is to large no ?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:08 PM
NitroNate

Funny how the worst landings and beatings didn't get on tape....That was only the beggining of the bashing session...
F0rb3s,that wasn't a stock Jato going 71mph...
I don't see where this thread is going anymore...
So,let me close it peacfully...
The Jato is faster than the Firestorm,but less durable...
Firestorm=BasherJato=Speed freak
NitroNate likes bashingJatoguys like....a hopped up truck that can do anything?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:13 PM
f0rb3s

fair enough... but that was an all trx jato....
i know it's mine.....
Old 12-13-2008, 10:24 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

I use all my rc's for one thing and thats going big bash the hell out of all of them exept my onroad cars.My Jato does fine now but wasn't to great with stock parts.I have a bunch of money in my Jato to get it tough and I like the truck.It's a fun truck but not nearly as tough as the others in stock form.With mods it can be a tough truck.The drivetrain on the Jato is total junk.I have broke about everypart in the tranny more than once.I finally broke down and bought the good tranny gears and haven't had issues since.I'm not sorry I bought it but wouldn't buy another when theres better cheaper.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:03 PM
NitroNate

Here is my Firestorm.If you'd set your Jato next to it and get out of the room,you'd come back and see a bunch of parts scattered aroung the room,and my Firestorm would have a "Why are you looking at me" look on it's grill...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24888.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	1089518  
Old 12-14-2008, 08:03 PM
dwjr8

whatever. nice aluminum arms by the way. you better stay right there on the driveway so you dont break something.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:31 PM
NitroNate

The reason aluminum is bad is because it transfers impacts to the weakest link,correct?But the Firestorm don't have any weak links...I have yet to break a part after putting those a-arms on..You can dress up a Firestorm how-ever you want and still have a durable truck...nuff said!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:43 AM
spoonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, it seems like everyone is getting a kick out of this topic. I simply needed to know if it was a good offroad truck stock. He already bought it, seems great. The only problem I see is that it is only good on the road. It's hell fast but my HPI MT2 can keep right up with it and its only 1 speed, geared correctly on a straight run I can keep up but yes it isn't stock.

Tyres are hard to come by for him and they are quite expensive. This weekend he will slam my old Moabs on there (they are outrageously heavy). Then I will see how it goes offroad.

I do think that its an ok truck, small fuel tank though. I wouldn't get one though. I just don't like it. Its too onroad. But it comes down to personal choice, the engine is great and the starter is awesome. Still I would always be swapping the stock engine. I think the jato is a great truck but I do think it costs a bit of cash to get it off road properly. Really I was comparing to a Savage X 3.5. Both the same price. The jato is just over priced like every traxxas truck here. But hes happy with his choice and I am happy with my new Savage and my O.S powered MT2. HPI all the way. Don't get me wrong though Traxxas make great trucks just a bit over priced.

Name:	Om32808.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1089911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71859.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1089912  
Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 PM
dwjr8

he can use 2.2s, Proline makes a mounted set i think they call it the Basher series. Its their 2.2 Wabash rims with Dirthead tires. set of 4 for like $32. pretty good deal for bangin around.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:09 AM
spoonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes but australian prices are ridiculous.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:42 PM
motorhead91

Here is my Firestorm.If you'd set your Jato next to it and get out of the room,you'd come back and see a bunch of parts scattered aroung the room,and my Firestorm would have a "Why are you looking at me" look on it's grill...
now have your firestorm and MY jato. see what pieces are layin on the floor when you walk back in

personally i think the jato is better. i broke more firestorm parts than jato, even when they were both stock (the firestorms advantage is the tranny, no probs at all. i shredded the jato tranny when i was pullin some insane wheelies). they are both tough as hell, just depends on how much you want to spend.

Name:	Sq48402.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1092771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh21625.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1092772  
Old 12-23-2008, 09:55 PM
JATO33_RC18Mamba

it's funny on how many HPI guys are hating on the JATO... I have a Xray XB808, hpi firestorm, Savage XL, associated Rc18b and Jato 3.3... can you guess which one I race/bash the most? Jato!!! I don't know what these guys are talking about the jato is awesome off the road... just as much as it is on the road. IMO the jato is the ultimate package. Onroad dominance and can compete PERFECTLY off road if you are not WILD on the trigger. Of course experience does help a bit too!! Some of these HPI guys are so biased it is SICK!! I LOVE all my cars the same.. but to be perfectly honest the one that GIVES me the most fun/challenge is the Traxxas JATO 3.3.... PERIOD fun is why we love this hobby right? Well you got your answer then!!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:15 PM
241 racing

LMAO Ultimate package haha thats the funniest thing Iv'e heard in a long time great post.I think it's more like Ultimate pile but thats just my opinion after owning several Traxxas rc's.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:22 PM
NitroNate

LOL HAHAHA!Ultimate pile!Thats a good one!Describes it perfectly!
Sorry Traxxas fans,but your trucks just won't drive onto HPI bashing grounds without being knocked around and eventualy follow an HPI truck into the air and being dashed into pieces....
Old 12-23-2008, 11:27 PM
motorhead91

LOL HAHAHA!Ultimate pile!Thats a good one!Describes it perfectly!
Sorry Traxxas fans,but your trucks just won't drive onto HPI bashing grounds without being knocked around and eventualy follow an HPI truck into the air and being dashed into pieces....
im really not one to argue like this, but how can you back that statement up, when you only have an hpi product. i have both trucks, and in stock form, the firestorm was more prone to breaking. but go ahead and say what you want to believe, seeing that you only have hpi products.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:47 AM
NitroNate

Me and 241 racing both bought the Firestorm around the time you did.Around that time,HPI had some flawed nylon parts which included Firetorm a-arms and bulkhead...And yes,we broke a few parts,but once we switched to HPI's new nylon parts,the thing just won't break....
I have seen and heard so many times about the lack of durability of the Jato,or Traxxas in general.Thats why I don't have Traxxas products.If you are saying the Jato is tougher than the Firestorm,maybe you should bash your Jato?Or look back at the former posts where the other Jato guys fully admitted the Firestorm is tougher than the Jato....
I do get carried away somtimes when I argue with Traxxas guys that try to convince me Traxxas can out bash HPI...
Old 12-24-2008, 08:39 AM
JatoGuy

Despite all the nonsense in this thread I'm shocked it has not gone to this " I challenge you to a bash off. I live in New Jersey so if you think your ________ is better then my ________, you are crazy! I will out bash the #@&%@ and then kick your ^%#&%&. Your _________ won't last 2 minutes where I bash. Your ________ is nothing but junk and all it can do is _________."

On a side note, after 2 gallons I finally broke my stock rear A-arms. And guess what I did it On-ROad at about 50 in 20 degree weather! What a piece of junk !

And of course out of curiosity how come you haters never mention the video review I posted about the Jato and them exclaiming that in 12 years its the toughest truck they have ever tested? Since I broke so little and they broke nothing maybe we have super Jatos from the factory and they are impervious to beginner breakage, which by they way makes up the majority of jato issues. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL3GcVT-Uy8]In case you missed it!- Maybe traxxas paid them off[/link]

Old 12-24-2008, 10:08 AM
trible10
My Feedback: (6)

Well I like my Jato! LOL I have several Savages varying from the 21 to a highly modded with a picco 27..oops got off topic! As far as stadium trucks go..my jato is the fastest one I have with stock setup and i have yet to break something...I've bent the front turnbuckles. A tree didn't move out my way! I took a jump at high speed and "flew" farther than I thought! LOL My Mugen MST was awesome in stock form as well...now that's a track killer!! But I love my Jato!!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:39 AM
motorhead91

Me and 241 racing both bought the Firestorm around the time you did.Around that time,HPI had some flawed nylon parts which included Firetorm a-arms and bulkhead...And yes,we broke a few parts,but once we switched to HPI's new nylon parts,the thing just won't break....
I have seen and heard so many times about the lack of durability of the Jato,or Traxxas in general.Thats why I don't have Traxxas products.If you are saying the Jato is tougher than the Firestorm,maybe you should bash your Jato?Or look back at the former posts where the other Jato guys fully admitted the Firestorm is tougher than the Jato....
I do get carried away somtimes when I argue with Traxxas guys that try to convince me Traxxas can out bash HPI...
well, first off, i bought my firestorm about 5 to 6 months after you. so im fairly confident that if you had problems through the summer, and hpi recognized them, that the issue would have been fixed by the time i got mine. and as for bashing my jato, i do, more often than my firestorm. and i dont care what the other guys said if they did admit to the hpi being tougher than the jato, because they may not have experience with both. if they do, thats fine. but i can back my facts up because i own both trucks, drive the hell out of both trucks, so im confident that i know what im talking about.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:39 PM
241 racing

Is your Jato stock?No other parts on it besides Traxxas parts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.