Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

how to find large scale car kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Bxcar32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to find large scale car kits

I have a curiosity question for everyone. It would seem that boat builders and large scale aircraft builders are intent on making working scale models but I don’t seem to see much of the same interest in cars. Are R/C car enthusiasts interested in cars scaled for form and function? Does anyone know of someone or a company building accurate large scale (1/6th, 1/12th, 1/18th) RC cars? I'm looking for something on the line of a Jeep CJ-5/7, Hummer or dune buggy (maybe even a street car or something) where I can stick my 12" GI Joe in and have it perform close to the real thing?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:24 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: how to find large scale car kits

check Tamiya's website.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Bxcar32

Great, Thank you. I see a lot of 1/10 and 1/12 scale. They look scale as far as body goes, but what about chasis, running gear and handling? Is Tamiya the only ones doing kits like this?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Their are lots of people into building scale RC cars that will rival some of the best scale plane and boat builds. However, their aren't a lot of them on here. Google it and you should find websites and forums all about scale RC cars. The only place I ever see people with scale builds on here is in the Rock Crawling forum.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: Hooker50

Great, Thank you. I see a lot of 1/10 and 1/12 scale. They look scale as far as body goes, but what about chasis, running gear and handling? Is Tamiya the only ones doing kits like this?
Tamiya makes great production scale so they are not quite as realistic as someone doing a custom build. I believe the hilift has a 3 speed transmission as do a lot of their semi trucks.