Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Northeast SPA Event Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:59 PM
73driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Northeast SPA Event Schedule

You know the best thing about any of this is that we are really getting some of the best guys to fly with and we are having a good time flying. I have no doubt this is the start of some great times ahead.
JH
Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Mad Man Marko-RCU

Hi Guys:

I wish I could have made it last Saturday but that dreaded four letter word WORK got in the way again. I was sitting at the end of runway 31R at 8:30 Chicago time Friday night for the ride home and said no way I was getting to Staten Island in shape to fly the next morning. Hate those late nights but love the direct deposit. I hope to get in some more flying with FB & WEDJ and get to NJ for the next one.

Keep getting the word out and next season should be great.

Peace

Mark O
Old 08-30-2008, 08:25 PM
JPal101
My Feedback: (32)

Jim

Any progress in getting a place to fly our next event? I am going to start another SPA forum to try to entice more people into what we are all doing, what do you think and any suggestions. Like to hear from our Connecticut friends also
Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 AM
jrpav1
My Feedback: (17)

I just found out about this - cool! I'm in Connecticut. I fly with the C.M.A.C. Balsa Bugs club in Plymouth. If you guys want to have a contest in Connecticut next season (2009) let me know. We had a Pattern contest there a few years ago (AMA not SPA) so I'm sure I can get support from the club. I have a Super Kaos Jr. and I'm working on a Tipo now. I'm planning on flying the Tipo in the Tangerine contest (Apopka Florida) in December.

John Pavlick
Team Black Magic, Tech-Aero Designs
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 PM
JPal101

Hey John

I am John P from staten island and together with Jim Hamilton we are promoting the SPA in the North East. I am so glad to see your interest. There is a possibility we might have one more event in NJ before the bad weather sets in. So, keep a look out here and I will let you know.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's time to start thinking about events for the upcoming year for us folks in the Northeast. I for one would like to see more activity. The few events that we had were a lot of fun! So having said that, I would again like to meet at the WRAM show (pick a day) and nail down some time slots for the new season.

Last year I held an event at the end of May and I'd like to hold the the event again. So there's one. Let's hear from you guys!

FB
Old 12-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Mad Man Marko-RCU

FB;

We usually go to the Wram on Saturday if there is no MAJOR SNOW so the same time as last year would be OK with me. Just have to dodge all those Chinese Junk whirly twirly toys if you are looking for a model aircraft at the WRAM.

Peace

Mark O
Old 01-01-2009, 09:56 PM
73driver

I will most likely attend the WRAM show this year, I agree we should get together. Also as far as future events for 2009 I am pretty sure that my club would be willing to host an SPA event. The club field is the Jersey Coast R/C club, and we fly at Allaire State park. Good flying sit and great club with great members. The other thing is that it is convienant to the Garden State parkway. If anyone wants to start suggesting some dates for events coming in 2009 let me know.
Happy New Year!
JH
Old 01-01-2009, 09:57 PM
73driver

I will most likely attend the WRAM show this year, I agree we should get together. Also as far as future events for 2009 I am pretty sure that my club would be willing to host an SPA event. The club field is the Jersey Coast R/C club, and we fly at Allaire State park. Good flying sit and great club with great members. The other thing is that it is convienant to the Garden State parkway. If anyone wants to start suggesting some dates for events coming in 2009 let me know.
Happy New Year!
JH
Old 01-02-2009, 09:27 AM
WEDJ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, Saturday at WRAMs it is! Now, time & spot?
Old 01-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Free Bird

OK, Let's plan on Saturday @ 12 noon (weather permitting) in front of one of the upper confrence rooms like we did last year. I'd like to hear from the the other guys that we met with last year....

FB
Old 01-19-2009, 10:37 PM
JPal101

Hi Guys, glad to see that we are excited about the coming year and would be happy to meet all of you again. I will be there to meet at 12 noon at the Wram show.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Free Bird

OK boys and girls! The WRAM show is next weekend and I'd REALLY like to know who is going to be there on Saturday so we can plan some events for the up coming year. It's been far too quiet (hope everyone is busy building vintage!) around here and we need to bring it up a notch from last year. I can host an event at my club again this year, but I need to have people show up. SO lets hear from you in the Northeast!

FB
Old 02-18-2009, 07:58 AM
WEDJ

WRAMs show - Saturday, 12.00 Noon, in front of the conference halls. Done deal. See you all there!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:50 AM
WEDJ

Wow, a big ZERO!

Just FreeBird and I were there. Is SPA dead in the Northeast?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:04 AM
Free Bird

I was disappointed that no one other than WEDJ showed up. I can't hold an event at my club field for only 1 person. Is there any hope out there to keep SPA moving forward in the northeast?

FB