Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

RC Report Website?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC Report Website?

Well, I hope Gordon enjoys just going to the field and flying - I will miss the mag. Damn, what will i read in the "Reading room" now! OK, now I'm mad. [>:]
Old 12-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Lucky Dog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad news indeed. [sm=cry_smile.gif] A sign of the times I guess. I will sorely miss the great content, the accurate reviews, and the witty writing. I'll miss Dick's shirts too.

I would have gladly paid a subscription increase as well.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

This harkens to '1984', except in this instance all magazines will have been replaced with online reports and the only way to read in the 'reading room' will be to install a flat screen in the john. Still trying to figure out how the mouse will work not to mention the keyboard.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Roary : Maybe we shouldn't go there !!!! Enjoy !!! RED
Old 12-31-2008, 07:52 PM
DStone

Maybe like this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86440.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1100422  
Old 12-31-2008, 08:46 PM
Roary m
My Feedback: (67)

Didn't Bernard Madoff have one of those?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:57 PM
sparky925

OK all.. i talked to gordon today about this thread and possibility of an online magazine and here is what he told me:
"I am so sick and tired of computers and crappy software, that once the magazine is closed, I may never turn on a computer again."

GB

[size=4]Them the words from the horses .....mouth!

Tony
Old 01-01-2009, 11:22 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it is a sign of the times.....
Old 01-02-2009, 12:02 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

ORIGINAL: pettit

Personally, I already had conversations with several other media representatives, including RCU, and I'm open to any suggestions.

Add me to a list of guys to contact for new subscriptions wherever you go, I enjoyed your honest reviews.

A sad day.[sm=crying.gif] I feel like I did when I heard Model Builder was going out of business.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:59 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Rich and Dick,

Add me to that list too.

Bob
Old 01-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: sparky925

OK all.. i talked to gordon today about this thread and possibility of an online magazine and here is what he told me:

"I am so sick and tired of computers and crappy software, that once the magazine is closed, I may never turn on a computer again."

GB

Them the words from the horses .....mouth!

Tony
From the sound of the above statement, it seems to me there is much more to the collapse of "RC Report Magazine" than just economics. It sounds a lot like GB is just plain sick and tired of doing the magazine. []
Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
ISGUNN

Well,if Richard and others can put something together,be it in print or on line,let me know.I'll subscribe.I'm going to miss the honest reporting and comic relief that Gordon always inserted.I think Gordon was tryng to position himself so someone would take over the reigns of RC REPORT so he could retire.Maybe his assistant will pick it up and do it on line.Either way,I wish Gordon and the entire crew the best in the future.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
Old 01-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Taildragger
My Feedback: (204)

Only 2 more issue's guy's! I'm going into withdrawal's already.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Lucky Dog

ORIGINAL: Taildragger

Only 2 more issue's guy's! I'm going into withdrawal's already.
Same here Bill!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:12 PM
hpiguy

I hear ya. Just reading the canned cookie cutter reviews in MAN for a minute is enough to make you miss RCR quite a bit.

It feels like I'm losing a good friend and there's nothing I can do about it. [&o][]
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 PM
cvause

If Tony, Dick, and the other RCR crew are listening, I want to add my two cents.

1. RCR is/was the only source that held the manufacturers to account with real product reviews and Cheers/Jeers. To me, this is what I will miss most.
2. I'm more than willing to pay the same or more in subscription fees to see these articles online.

Just a suggestion, but building a subscriber login to the website and posting the articles would probably get close to a profit at the current rates, once the cost of printing and mailing are taken out.

Not to suck up, the but the expertise in RCR, from the reviews, Tony Stillman's radio knowledge, Coberly's electric advice, etc., is well beyond any of the other publications. I'm so sick of MAN and FlyRC reviewing ARF that "fly great."

OK, I'm done.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

OK, y'all can start crying now

It's official. It wasn't supposed to be made public for a while but Gordon passed the word to one of the advertisers who promptly set out to tell everyone she could think of.

Personally, I already had conversations with several other media representatives, including RCU, and I'm open to any suggestions.

There are a few that i WILL NOT write for, but RCU is not one of them.

You know who I'm talking about.

Thanks for all th enice comments over the years and if I can find another place to do some writing, you'll be seeing even more ugly shirts!

Merry Christmas, y'all.

Why don't you take over and publish it on line? It could be a moneymaker as it already has an established reputation. I bet most of us would gladly pay for it.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
cvause

While I was continuing to poder the loss of RC Report, I think there are other opportunities to make money for Gordon and crew.

I've always told people I would gladly pay a fair price for a book compiling all of Ed Moorman's aerobatic instruction articles and guide cards. Those are the best teaching/learning techniques for RC aerobatics I've seen.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:47 PM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

I would second a book like that from Ed. I have printed almost all of his information offered on the Internet, but a book with everything he has offered on how to do aerobatics, would be something I would pay for. There is a lot of ways and explinations on how to do aerobatics, but Ed seems to be better than most at it.

I haven't subscribed to RCR for several years, but still hate to see it go. I guess the internet has pretty well eliminated magazines as a source for information. If you need timely information, or a question answered, a picture, history of a plane or pilot, magazines just don't compete with the internet. They are going the way of newspapers. Most newspapers aren't in very good shape now either. I would imagine printed material in general will be obsolete eventually. Just the times.

Greg
Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 PM
fmichaelb

Let's see, March to be the last issue? Isn't it usually April that Mina has the cover? Hope he puts her there one more time. I just renewed like a month ago, but I won't trouble him for a refund. However, I would pay more (subscription rate) to keep the magazine going. Other than the one AMA sends you as part of your dues, it was the only one I read. Come to think of it, they were supposed to publish one of my submissions in the Here's How column, wonder if they still will? Of course, even if they do, it looks like I won't get the two year free subscription.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

That's the cover of the my issue that Mina is always on, bu you may be surprised to see who's on the March cover this year
NO, not yours truly. I had the honor of having 5 full reviews in the February issue.

BTW, I have been talking to Model Aviation and "Sport Aviator" (AMA Online magazine) to do some reviews and stuff.

Sounds like they would like me to do a few from time to time.

Maybe even right here on RCU too!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:07 AM
mobyal

Dick
Please keep us posted on the availability of your reviews so that we can find them. They're by far the best in the business.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:14 AM
mvigod
Banned

If any of the RC Report or RCM writers are looking to keep reviewing please contact me. While it is unfortunate that these great publications are no more I suspect some of the writers/reviewers might be interested in continuing to review product. Requirements are good writing, honesty (no need to sugar coat here), good hi res photo skills, video and video editing, and web layout is a plus but not necessary if you are very skilled in the aforementioned. If interested and you feel you are qualified just shoot me a PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:10 AM
BillyGoat

That's the cover of the my issue that Mina is always on, but you may be surprised to see who's on the March cover this year
NO, not yours truly.
Might you be saying we finally get to see Gordon's mug? [X(]
Old 01-09-2009, 08:20 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Yep, there's a slight chance his photo will be in that issue somewhere...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.