Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Genius -EP

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Adam Farfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genius -EP

I just got this plane , and have no experience in electric planes . Looking to get some info on what motor to buy and speed controler .Also what power supply. the plane came with no instructions and no moto info . The specifications are Wing Span-37in. Wing area 310sq in. Flying Weight 1.5bls/650g . Fuselage Lenght 39.4 in . If anyone can help me find the correct electronics for this plane I would be very greatfull. Thanks .
Old 01-03-2009, 02:30 PM
lejongleur
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Genius -EP

Looks like it's meant for an A20 20L motor and a 1000mah 3S battery. For a plane of this size (23 ounces) you can use servos like Hitec HS-55's or perhaps Hobbycity's equivalent HXT900's (much cheaper.) a cheap 20A ESC (Supersimple ESC from Hobbycity for example), and a 4-6 channel receiver should get you going. You will probably want to get a selection of Slow Flyer props (perhaps 9x6, 10x4.7, 11x4.7, 11x3.8), and try them. If you have a watt meter or can borrow one, make sure you do not chose a prop which overruns the rated amperage for the motor or ESC. Batteries are also available from Hobbycity - a 1000mah 3S 20C battery should cost around $10-$15. (I don't work for Hobbycity but their prices really are great for small non-critical plane stuff.)

Hope this helps...Chris
Old 01-03-2009, 06:45 PM
maiden-crash

Default RE: Genius -EP

Ive had this model. Its a Fliton prodigy clone. I used a Park 480 with a 2200. Power was inspirational to say the least, but too much. Wing folded on it. Even with a spar reinforcement. Make sure to run a lot of thin CA on the landing gear mount, or better yet soak it in Poly Urethane, and land on smooth runways. Something in the region of a 200 watt outrunner and 1300mah 20C batteries will make this plane shine. The HXT servo's are better than HS55s. A 20- 25 AMP speedie would obviously be optimum. Good luck with it, its a sweet flying plane. It KE's with the best of them and 3D's quite nicely too.