Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Spektrum DX6i not detected by AFPD.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Mike Isted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6i not detected by AFPD.

Spektrum DX6i not detected by AFPD. A problem similar to some previous posts. Purchased new AFPD v 1.11.07.09 USB interface as Christmas present on Vista Home Edition PC. USB detected and drivers appear to be installed, but refuses to detect the transmitter.

The USB adaptor is an extended USB plug, approx 2" x 3/4" x 1/2" with a jack socket beside three pins at the opposite end to the USB plug itself. It bears the Ikarus logo embedded in the plastic.

Is there a patch? A registration process? Special settings on the transmitter?

Many thanks for any help!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:42 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX6i not detected by AFPD.

Hi Mike, the "new style" usb interface that you have is not compatible with JR/Spektrum radios. You could send it back to your UK supplier for an exchange to the "old style" usb interface cable. Alternatively you could ship your usb interface cable to the Ikarus service department below with a brief description of your problem, daytime phone number, and email address. You may attach this thread for reference.

IKARUS Modellflug
Im Webertal 22
78713 Schramberg-Waldmössingen
Germany

Hope this helps
Old 12-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Mike Isted

Thanks for the quick response.

We are quite good with soldering irons and the like - is there anything we can do ourselves without having to replace the entire unit?
Old 12-26-2008, 10:20 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Mike, you will not be able to fix it yourself. You will have to get it exchanged, unless you have another radio like Futaba.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Xavier Mouraux

The problem I had with mine had to do with the plug connecting into the radio. It's a 'stereo' type with 3 section whilt the jack in the radio is a 'mono'. The contact was intermitent at best. Having the connector half way in was helping a bit but it's not very practical.

I got a mono plug and soldered it in place of the original one and everything has been fine since.

I had the problem on my first AFPD 4 years ago and I tough it would have been fixed by now. I got a new cable this week and it was the same problem, even worst. The same fix did it.

It works fine on DX6, DX7, JR400, JR8103, JR 10X now.

Xavier