Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Can the PT Gyros Be Steered With Rudder Only ??

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Can the PT Gyros Be Steered With Rudder Only ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 PM
ottogiro58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can the PT Gyros Be Steered With Rudder Only ??

Hi Gang, Are there any PT Gyro scientist/pilots (all PT models) who would like to try a simple experiment ?? Adjust your radio gear so the rudder and elevator (rotor pitch) are on the same stick, and see if it can be flown as a 3-channel trainer airplane would be handled..... Some up-elevator might be needed while turning.....You could still leave the roll control on the left stick with the throttle, in case you need to bail out and recover using roll........ Who knows, a 3-channel autogyro might make the ideal training aircraft !!! C'mon guys, this is an easy experiment and could lead to simplification of this design. Less cost, less weight, less construction. Thanx !!! Charlie Anderson [8D]
Old 01-06-2009, 05:55 AM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can the PT Gyros Be Steered With Rudder Only ??

Charlie,
My Whistlers are Rudder and Elevator only. And engine of coarse.From 25 size to 120 size.

Jim