Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
retrosoul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tsunami Thread

how about this brett http://02c4ae1.netsolstores.com/02031A.aspx
Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Brett185
My Feedback: (2)

Actually I'm going to my lhs today and see what they got, they told me this weekend that they were getting a shipment in today. If they don't have one I like, I'm gonna get them to get me the aluminum one for the mt2. They'll order it if they don't have it in stock, and I won't have to pay them shipping. Now time for a question. How important is it to leave my piston at BDC when I'm not running it or when I start it? I've never left it or started it from BDC and I've never had a problem starting it.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
KeithjV

The reason you want to leave it at BDC is so that when everything cools the pinch remains the same. If the piston is left at the top of the stroke when the engine cools its the sleeve will only constrict to the size of the piston. The more this happens the less the pinch will be and the engine will loose power.
Hope that made sense

This is a quote from Rc Driver
"Piston and Sleeve Dynamics

Our nitro engines are a lapped piston and sleeve design. This means that the bore becomes gradually smaller as the piston reaches the top of the sleeve. This gives you that pinch at TDC (Top Dead Center). The pinch is required to keep the piston and sleeve sealed when the engine gets up to temp. That is why itÂ’s important to get the engine up to 190 when breaking-in. If you donÂ’t, the sleeve will never expand and the piston will wear out faster. The piston will end up wearing down as a result of friction, tapering the head of the piston to match the size of the sleeve. When the engine finally does get up to temp and the sleeve expands, the piston is now too small, allowing for blow by. That means the cylinder pressure blows by the piston down to the crankcase, and it will cause the engine to overheat and stall. Unfortunately, the only way to remedy this is a complete rebuild with new piston, sleeve and connecting rod."
Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Brett185

Thanks keith that makes perfect sense. Well I hope I haven't caused any damage. I don't think I have, like I said, it's not giving me any problems starting or running. Oh well if it does decide to go then that will just give me a reason to get the O.S .18 cvrx.......lol.......but of course it's gotta last me at least until I get my 1/8 buggy....lol.....
Old 01-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Brett185

Hey eminent, do you know if the front bumper on the mt2 will fit the nami? I'd like to get one and possibly put some LEDs on it.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:31 PM
KeithjV

No it wont. But the bumper from the volcano (I think) fits it and it has two holes that are perfect for leds.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Brett185

But will the volcano bumper extend out from the body? From the pictures I've seen, the bumper sits behind the body on the volcano.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:01 PM
KeithjV

It depends where the body mount holes are. I was able to squeeze the body back behind the bumper without having to drill new holes. When I change the body Ill make sure the hole line up correctly.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Brett185

Huh, alright. I think my friends volcano epx has the same bumper, in fact I know it does. I'll compare his on my nami and see how it looks. But I really like the mt2 bumper. I wonder if I could make it fit......
Old 01-14-2009, 09:17 PM
KeithjV

You would have to really mod it. I was going to try to do the same thing for the same reason.. The MT2 bumper is actually two pieces. You can unscrew the part that has the lights on it. You might be able to cut the volcano bumper and mount the MT2 top on it.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Brett185

Huh.....I just might try that. The mt2 bumper is only $6 so it's no big deal if it doesn't work......I just might pick one up this afternoon and see what happens.......
Old 01-15-2009, 09:54 AM
KeithjV

Good luck. Keep us posted on your progress. Im curious to see if it works
Old 01-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Brett185

Well went to the lhs yesterday and of course they didn't have the mt2 bumper set. They don't carry much for hpi. But when you look on their shelves they have more hpi and traxxas rtrs than any thing. That just don't make sense. You would think if you owned a hobby shop, you would at least try to keep parts in stock for the vehicles you sell. I'm talking to them about getting an ofna 1/8 buggy, but I told them I wasn't gonna buy any vehicle from them if they'e not gonna keep parts in stock. They mainly carry traxxas parts. They do have some hpi parts, but mainly for the savage. Oh well. I'll check back with them later. Right now I just want it to warm up outside so I can run the nami....I hate freezing cold weather, the high here today is 20 F. I don't know how the people up north stand it........
Old 01-16-2009, 08:25 PM
eminentguitar

ORIGINAL: Brett185

Well went to the lhs yesterday and of course they didn't have the mt2 bumper set. They don't carry much for hpi. But when you look on their shelves they have more hpi and traxxas rtrs than any thing. That just don't make sense. You would think if you owned a hobby shop, you would at least try to keep parts in stock for the vehicles you sell. I'm talking to them about getting an ofna 1/8 buggy, but I told them I wasn't gonna buy any vehicle from them if they'e not gonna keep parts in stock. They mainly carry traxxas parts. They do have some hpi parts, but mainly for the savage. Oh well. I'll check back with them later. Right now I just want it to warm up outside so I can run the nami....I hate freezing cold weather, the high here today is 20 F. I don't know how the people up north stand it........
Dood it sucks living "up north" lol it was minus 53 just a while ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats was horible man grrrrr!!!!!!! haha now its about -10 somethin like that not to bad but still not summer lol
Old 01-16-2009, 09:41 PM
KeithjV

Well its about 13F here in NY. I took my hellfire out in the snow yesterday for a little bit, but it was so cold it ran like garbage. Was still fun though. I couldnt even imagine being up where you are.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:49 PM
perhamrocks

i don't have many problems running in the cold and snow you just gotta richen it up and tune it in
Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 PM
KeithjV

It was about 10F yesterday. Everytime I hit a snow bank it just packed inside the body and it stalled out. We're not used to temps this low around here.. Usually save that stuff for you northern fellas.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:55 PM
perhamrocks

i've been waiting all week to run, today was the first day all week that it got above zero, it was a high of about 5 tomorow it's suppose to be in the teens so i'm gonna drive then and then sunday i'll do some more when it's suppose to be in the mid twenties. It's not that i don't think my vehicle can handle it, it's just that i don't feel like getting frostbite on my hands and face
Old 01-16-2009, 09:58 PM
KeithjV

I know what you mean. I could barely feel the controls yesterday.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 PM
eminentguitar

in the past 5 days we have had a 30 degree increase in temps. its now minus 2 celcius and it feels like summer compared to the other day tomorrow they say plus 4
Old 01-18-2009, 02:48 AM
Brett185

Man, there is no way I could handle being even close to where you guys are. It was in the mid 20'sF here so I got outside and ran the nami for a little bit, but I can't stand staying out there with the wind blowing. The nami ran pretty good in the cold, had to do verry little adjusting. But damn I couldn't even imagine what it's like for you other guys up north...I wouldn't even attempt to get out in the kind of temps you guys are dealing with......
Old 01-18-2009, 03:05 AM
eminentguitar

Well man put it this way I go usually about 3 months without being able to bash....... real cars dont even want to run you have to have them plugged in or they wont even start and im not talking about old cars even brand new ones wont start. There are days that they say your skin will freeze in less then ten seconds. Then when it warms up there are broken water mains everywhere just 2 days ago there was a huge water main brake by work and it flooded 2 city blocks. Its brutal man you cant even go snow mobiling in that weather. I wish I still had my tsunami even tho my mt2 is almost the same ish I still miss it. They say the weather is going to be really nice sunday so I might take the revo for a snow bash.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:51 AM
Brett185

Yeah, it's supposed to be pretty nice here Sunday too. High aroung 43F or so. I'm planning on running a litte bit too. I do kinda wish we had snow here, I'd like to know what it's like to bash in the snow. I bet it's pretty cool. But when it's really cold outside, won't the parts on your R/C be more brittle in the cold? I would think it would make it easier to break stuff when it's freezing outside.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:03 AM
eminentguitar

Yeah the break really good when its cold out lol if you say got in a high speed rollover I bet you would be replacing all the a arms hubs and all that stuff. but hey isnt half the fun fixing them lol as long as the wife doesnt know what the bill is haha.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Brett185

Man I know exactly how that is, I've had to hide getting a few things myself from the g/f. I figure she probably buys stuff all the time that she doesn't tell me about too, so we probably come out even.....lol.....In fact I was only supposed to get 1 set of tires and rims when I bought those step pins and rpms wheels, but I couldn't make up my mind which combo I wanted, so I just bought both......lol.......oh well, she doesn't pay that much attention to the nami anyway.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.