Community
Search
Notices
IRC Racing Support The online retailer for many of your r/c products is available to support RCU members. Click here if you need their help or have a question for them. Hosting this forum will be RADICALJ, RC-BOSS, MINDCRIME and REDCATRACING1.

IRC VULCAN SE STRIP GEARS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:50 PM
gecf680c2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IRC VULCAN SE STRIP GEARS

I HAVE A VULCAN SE THAT I HAVE OPTIONED ALL OUT AND AM EXTREMELY IMPRESSED WITH THIS LITTLE CAR. I HAVE READ SOME FFED BACK ABOUT THIS CAR AND MOST BEEING NEGATIVE, BUT SUGGEST THIS CAR FOR EXPERIENCED R/C-ers. WITH ALL RTR's THE FIRST THING TO DO STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX IS TO PULL THE CAR DOWN TO THE THE LAST NUT AND BOLT. THEN DO THE REBUILD ENSURING EVERYTHING IS OK, AND A GREAT TIME TO DO YOUR UPGRADES AND MODS AS YOU GO!
AFTER ALL THAT SAID ABOUT THE CAR I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION. I AM STRIPPING SPUR GEARS ALL THE TIME AND HAVE HEARD OF BOILING THE GEARS,CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS PROCESS? IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT THERE WILL BE MORE ALLOY UPGRADES ON THE CAR, I HAVE ALL THE ALLOY PARTS FOR THE CAR EXCEPT FOR THE CENTRE GEARBOX HOUSING AND HAVE ALL THE MINI INFERNO GPM ALLOY UPGRADES, AS THEY ARE ALL THE SAME EXCEPT THE CENTRE BOX (GPM DIFFS NEED SHIMMING).
VERY VERY PLEASED WITH THE OUTCOME OF THIS CAR EXCEPT FOR THOSE SMALL NIGLING PROBLEMS, BUT MAYBE IRC CAN HOOK UP WITH GPM AND GET A LINE OF PARTS GOING, BECAUSE 98% OF THE PARTS ARE ALREADY AT GPM JUST REBRAND IRC (SIMPLE)! BUT WHEELS WHAT OTHER WHEELS FIT AND CAN THEY COME IN ALLOY? HOPE TO POST SOME PICKS OF THE CAR SOON WHEN I GET THIS GEAR FIXED ........REGARDS MARVIN DOWN OZ.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: IRC VULCAN SE STRIP GEARS

For the spur gear upgrade, you can use a competitor's hardened gear/CB set:

http://www.myhobbydepot.com/servlet/...-Clutch/Detail
Old 01-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Gareth Brandt

Hi Hobby Depot don't ship outside the US, or am I wrong?? Anyway, I got my steel spur gear and cluch bell from the UK http://www.********.co.uk/products.php?cat=35&pg=4 Look at the bottom of the page.

Gareth
Old 01-26-2009, 05:04 AM
soneebee

I tried using the metal gears.. they came in a little cheap here in my place.. but it worns out quite fast.. and I always had to replace the back gearbox... although it does not break when running.. but it just worns out.. the metal is kinda soft.... so i just used plastic gears it kinda last longer just dont get the car bumped ....