Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

x-ray

Old 01-15-2009, 02:31 PM
The Bakeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x-ray

What do you guys think of the x-ray m18mt, i heard it is a very high quality built truck, compared to alot of other manufacturers. The performance is suppose to be great as well, and it's probably the only mini with ball bearing steering, although i could be wrong. I've been researching minis for a while, but i keep on coming back to this one, i've also watched a lot of videos on you tube of all the other minis, i gotta make up my friggin mind What do you guys think, you all seem like your very knowledgeable about rc's, could you please give me your opinions.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: x-ray

If you can get replacment parts then your golden. I am still trying to get some foams without spending a fortune to get them here....even locating them has been a chore. Not sure how it is in canada but any of the lhs's in this neck of the woods don't carry parts. I have the M18MT Pro and it rocks! I wish parts were easier to come by. It is hands down the most precise mini I have in stock form. Very happy with it. Handles BL motors right out of the box. Over all happy.

Kevin
Old 01-15-2009, 05:21 PM
DettaDude
Banned

X-Ray makes great vehicles, all quality stuff but are all but known as the Lexus of the RC industry... parts are hard to find, dealers even harder to find, neither the cars or the replacement parts are cheap.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:13 PM
The Bakeman

Thanks for your input guys, i think i'm gonna buy one, i have an rc shop in canada called Izzy's rc race shop, and he's been in the business for 15 years, and he is one of x-rays top dealers. He said i can buy an rtr version of the 18mt for 225 canadian, plus he stocks all the parts for them, including hopups. Thanks for your input guys, once again you helped me make a difficult choice.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 PM
maxxin2.5

score bro!
get one i have also heard they are the best minis but i dont know anywhere that stocks them so i dont qwant to get one.. also if and when you get one put some pics up dude!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Mr. Mugen

Good to hear man! Glad your lhs stocks them. If I pm you and send you some money....maybe you can get me some foams? I need some yesterday. Went to our lhs today and check out the new track. My pal Joe and his boy both have the same truck.

Kevin
Old 01-16-2009, 12:41 PM
DarkHorse

Good choice .
Some more X-ray info in these threads one and two. But the 1/18th Xray RTR's require chargers.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:54 PM
rschoi_75

Go for it.

If you can find a reliable parts supplier, then xray is your best bet.

If you LHS doesn't have parts in stock check out these websites. I buy all my parts online, and these are the stores I shop at:

- www.superfastrc.com
- www.amainhobbies.com
- www.rcxray.com (run by rc-huligan... a member on this forum)
Old 01-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Bugzilla

AtomicMods carries stuff for the M18, and I just sent them an email asking about the M18MT. I'll post back when I get an answer. They are one of the best sites for mini and micro vehicles.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Mini_Me

The M18Mt takes all the same parts as the m18T except minus the sway bars, larger rims/tires, body post extensions, and X2 for shock towers and shocks.