Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

peer pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
supamagician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default peer pressure

Wow. I'm an electric kinda guy, but all I ever hear is nitro this nitro that blah blah blah. I really like nitro, and I have one (can't get it to run), but it is so annoying. I am maybe about to get an e-savage and I was reading on it and everything I saw was electric is girly, it's for sissies. It really annoys me. I was telling my friend about getting it and he goes "is it nitro?" and I told him no and he says "oh thats gay, I'm going to get the cool nitro savage." I was showing another friend my e-firestorm, and he just saw it with the body on and he says "can you fire it up?" and I said no it's electric and the battery is dead and he says "oh that is stupid, I want to get one of the nitro ones." My friend wants me to bring my firestorm and drive it in the parking lot after school, but I am scared to because I will get made fun of because it's not nitro.

I'm just trying to vent here but what do you guys think?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 PM
NjBasher

Default RE: peer pressure

race em beat and prove electric pwns
Old 01-28-2009, 08:55 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

get the havoc and a 2s lipo and youll smoke there nitros. thats how i was. i was the friend to you. all i did was nitro. then my friend got the VXL stampede and a 3s and all i am now is electric haha and its so nice not haveing it be so messy and loud!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:56 PM
Krazy Chicken

lol sounds like what my friends say, i just say "nitro isn't that fastest thing around. i have a nitro, and its a piece of crap..."
Old 01-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Chris_RC

This is what most people think of electric and nitro that dont have any hobby grade experience:

Nitro-the nitro car that was at the park or something when they were there and it sounded really cool and was going really fast!!! They didnt know about maintence of a nitro though...

Electric- the ones you buy at walmart and toys 4 us...yawn....every kid has an electric!

Personally, I like electric, I like nitro. No preference. I liked my xxx-nt, I like my xxx-t. Only reason I moved back to nitro was becasue my trackonly raced nitro 1/8 and it was bascially a dirt bike track so 1/10 electric gets killed. Well I sholdnt say I dont have a preference... if I had to choose id go nitro. Easy to start once you tune them right with a starter box, realistic sound, and my dad has been racing 1/1 gas cars for a long time. Plus, when I drive nitro I like "blipping" the throttle! Feels soo good when you do it! When you see a nitro guy driving an electric blipping the throttle in turns, it is really funny to see the vehicle dynamics!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

lol sounds like what my friends say, i just say "nitro isn't that fastest thing around. i have a nitro, and its a piece of crap..."
LOL, the original T-Maxx and Revo arent really considered "real" nitros. Get a 1/8 buggy and you'll see what I mean!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:04 PM
FairTax4me

Nitro is for slow pokes.

Youtube E-Firestrom Flux, or Brushless E-savage and show them a speed run or three. That should shut them up. And then you can really piss them off when you put it in reverse!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
rclugnut10

http://www.hpiracing.com/videoplayer/46/

need i say more than: standing backflips with a WHEELIE bar

the lug
Old 01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
fusebmx13

darn you lug, you beat me to it haha . Brushless and lipo is wayyyyy better than nitro, not as load and annoying. However i like the sound sometimes. And it has a lot more torque. I have beaten many nitro trucks, even 1/8 buggies.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:17 PM
traxxaspede

this hasn't come up yet, but with electric having too much torque off the line... its called programming your esc. can nitros do that? plus alot of nitro people use an ELECTRIC start. think about that. that call electric all sissy and then they use electric to start the yucky nitros. or if there not lazy (not saying that they all are) they just pull on a little string to get it started.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Access

If this hobby were to 'start from scratch' today, nitro would not exist. It only exists today b'cos of inertia.

Anyways just ignore it. Arguments are best settled on the track. Not with words or name-calling. If you cannot ignore it, you are losing in the pre-race mind games. Let them race your nitro against your electric and that will shut them up.

Better yet bring any younger sibling, preferably a little sister, to the races with you and have her run the electric against their nitros in a race. When they lose post the video and youtube and be sure to emphasize they just lost to a little kid. They'll be so embarassed they shouldn't bug you again, they'll probably all trade in their nitros for the electric vehicle-of-the-month and never speak of nitro again.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

LOL, the original T-Maxx and Revo arent really considered "real" nitros. Get a 1/8 buggy and you'll see what I mean!
lol no thanks, im out of nitro forever, never will own another one.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 PM
supamagician

lol id love to see a nitro be whooped by a little girl driving a nitro. i just asked my friend why he liked nitro so much and he said because he dont like charging batteries and because you can soup up nitro engines.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:28 PM
emaXXman123

bahahahahahhahhaah you got some interestion friends there. ssay when there spending 30 bucks a gallon on gas you could say mine as well buy a 50 lipo that lasts forever haha
Old 01-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Ask him what is the fastest RC to date? See what he says..What "Nitro" Rc does he have.. believe it or not I bet my micro-t would whoop it...
Old 01-28-2009, 10:27 PM
zsultan
My Feedback: (35)

I used to fly nitro helicopter and had a nitro Savage X. They were very good, but used to hate cleaning them, cant keep them inside the house, cannot work on them in the house. I hardly used to run the nitro truck because after running it have to clean it and run after run oil through engine. I am flying electric helicopters and truck now, not going back to nitro its lot of pain.

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 10:36 PM
fusebmx13

If you look at it, nitro engines have not really improved much. At least not as much as electrics have. Brushless has gotten better and cheaper with time. Nitro has basically stayed the same. Look at traxxas, they have had the 3.3 for years and years. But they just keep getting better from the vxl system to the MMM system in the e revo. Nitro will fall with time. It will just be old news. Just like real cars, people keep trying and trying to get better battery technology to get them to switch from gas to electric. It has not happened yet, but it will. Just like rc. Electric may have been worse years ago but things change and now it is just as expensive and faster than nitro. And almost half of the time i drive at night on my street. Most of the time after midnight, I could not do this with a nitro, my neightbors would kill me haha.
Also to prove that electric has gobs of power. Just look at the new e revo brushless. They had to dellay the release date because they driveshafts kept snaping. My brother is having this same problem in his maxx.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 PM
TRXRUSTLER
My Feedback: (7)

I have a TRX Rustler VXL and a 3s 25c 3300mah lipo and my truck will SMOKE any nitro on the market today.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Redvanmafia

Just make sure its fast, so it impresses
Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 PM
zjwhitrock

when he complains, run it into his ankels, that should shut him up
Old 01-28-2009, 11:20 PM
stampedinIT

i've smoked plenty of nitros in parking lots with my old sprint 2 drift car. was runnin vxl brushless and 3 cell lipo. car would leave 2 feet of black skid marks taking off and that was without the drift tires!! was sick. i miss that set up.. but yeah i dont like nitro cars but i dont hate on em. they just noisey and annoying to keep running if your inexperienced. just my opinion though. still wouldnt mind owning one though.. lol. makes us proud and smoke some gas cars!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:37 AM
shaunmichaeljohnson

the most fun ive ever had is when that looser came doen to the skate park where i was bashing
he got out his cheapy nitro truck, i slowed down at this point with the bashing (rustler on 3s).
he chatted with me telling how they run on "nos" (LOL) and how much better nitro was and all kinds of false statements.

after about 15 mins the truck spluttered to life and i mean spluttered!!.
it was running WAYYYY rich!! so after he had warmed it up i asked for a look under the body, gave hte HSN a little turn and looked at his face as the thing doubled it's speed

later on i asked for a drag race and he was going on about how it was pointless and how he wou;d win etc etc.
i said that i just wanted to see the difference.

line up...GO nitro takes off...i gave rustler half throttle and pull even with him...then mash it and flatten him

sooooooo FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he got all pissed and went home afterwards.

but i like nitro too...i started a LST2 for the first time the other day with the spin-start, man that felt good
but electric still p00ns.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:59 AM
associatedrules

This is quiet a petty argument here. I love all my r/c's no matter what power platform they utilize. After all they have their advantages and disadvantages. The main one the o.p. pointed out in the first post. He told the guy that his battery was dead. This is where I break out one of my glow fuel cars or my new gasser. There is nothing that I hate more than having to wait for a 5000 MAH lipo to charge and then get at the most 10 minute run times from it. I can fill up a gas tank in a few seconds and run for 1 hour, or just keep refueling a glow fuel car as it is running for as many tanks as my fuel supply allows. Sure electric is faster, but fuel fed cars are more realistic and will provide longer run times. But it all still boils down to what you like. The only time my electrics see action is either at the race track or after 10pm. Just my 1.127499432 cents.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 AM
hdmm

Old 01-29-2009, 08:17 AM
The Hedgehog

Hard to run 1 hour long mains with electric [&o]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.