Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars
Reload this Page >

need to get aluminum upper an lower a arms

Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

need to get aluminum upper an lower a arms

Old 02-07-2009, 06:14 PM
feorr1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to get aluminum upper an lower a arms

was tuning my car in back yard just got it about right was doing mad tail whips when i ran in to one of my girls bikes broke the upper a arm so sad it was going so well to was getting wild crazy loving it oh well nothing a little supper glue wont fix till i can get alimies
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10639.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1129688  
Old 02-07-2009, 06:37 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: need to get aluminum upper an lower a arms

Well the thing is that aluminum looks good, but its really not that great. When you hit something, it bends or sends the inpact somewhere else, like the diff housing which is harder to replace. but if it doesnt send it somewhere else, it just bends, and then you have to buy a new one which is gonna cost a lot more than a new plastic one
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 PM
ace9213

i wouldnt get the alum too. just go with what it has stock
Old 02-07-2009, 10:05 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with the 2 previous posts...I have a 1/8th buggy that came with aluim arms...now it has plastic....fell free to find out for yourself though
Old 02-07-2009, 10:32 PM
joeyhatch11

I like aluminum. I had a all aluminum Traxxas stampede with a Mamba 7700. Thing was a beast. The stock plastic couldnt stand up to the things I was doing to it. Once I got the all aluminum set-up, I was good to go. But remember this, your only replacing the arms with aluminum. If you hit something again, that force is going to travel else where and break some other plastic part. May just be better to stock up on some stock arms. May even save you a few bucks in the long run.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:26 AM
feorr1

ok guys thanks for the in put and after that has been said now that you say that about the impact going some where else i think i will go with stock it makes sense and aluminum dose cost more than plastic mabey get a set of aluminum just for show you know for car shows and what not