Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Help !!! my Exceed G2 went psycho

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Help !!! my Exceed G2 went psycho

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 PM
jsamuels496

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help !!! my Exceed G2 went psycho

I am noob to 6 channel. I have an exceed g2 and have been very slowly trying to get it set up and do the basics. Have been doing hops etc. no hover yet. but this morning I turned everything on and the copter started acting crazy like another tx was giving it inputs. Would not respond to my tx until near half throttle then would try to launch shut down tthrottle and control surfaces would cycle without any input from me. Whats going on? Has my tx or rx died? Any help is appreciated, all batteries were fully charged.

Thanks in advance
Jim
Old 02-08-2009, 01:12 AM
jsamuels496

Default RE: Help !!!

Well I just switched out the brushless gear for the original brushed setup.....and heli works like it's supposed to....so appears to be the battery or the ESC......Where are you X-heli man....I bought this as the upgrade kit from x-heli and it has only run 4-5 times.

Jim
Old 02-08-2009, 05:26 PM
jsamuels496

I was wrong.....put all original equipment back on and heli still acted totally psychotic...flying surfaces would actuate and moter would attempt to spin up without any input from me on tx........what has let loose? no crashes......never even hovered yet.......Help !!!
Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 AM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you switched to another ESC and the problem when away then it must be the ESC. Although this can be a crystal problem as well. I say pull out your crystal and turn it 180 degree and reinsert it.

ANdy
Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 PM
jsamuels496

Andy,
I changed the crystal 180 as you suggested, no difference I am highly suspisious the transmitter is the problem. I have a new one arriving today, and will let you know but am very disappointed that things should malfunction like this.
Jim
Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
jsamuels496

Andy,
Sent you an e-mail....please check it and let me know
thanks
Jim