Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

VXL Stampede 2s2p Emoli Low voltage Cut-off

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 08:45 PM
cmacclel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VXL Stampede 2s2p Emoli Low voltage Cut-off

I just picked up a VXL stamped and soldered up a 2s2p Emoli Lithium pack. Problem is only used 1700mah of the 6000mah available before the low voltage shut-off kicked it down to 50%. Any ideas why? Are the cells sagging under full load? Does anyone know how the the VXL shut-down works?

Thanks Mac
Old 02-08-2009, 01:34 PM
eebowler

Default RE: VXL Stampede 2s2p Emoli Low voltage Cut-off

Hey Mac. Even at a 20C rating for Emoli cells, that's only 120A a 6000mAh pack can safely output. Maybe it really is sagging. Try accelerating slower and see what happens.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:03 PM
scarletboa
My Feedback: (1)

it is not sagging. the speed control turns off completely when the voltage is too low. when the esc gets too hot, it goes to 50%. try gearing down and you will have better luck.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:51 PM
shaunmichaeljohnson

this isnt the electric forum...
but i'll help u anyway
the VXL ESC is a really shatty ESC, they have a dogey LVC that can turn on at any time, if the voltage drops for a microsecond below it's threshhold then it will shot off to half power.
most other ESC's re-set after this happens in case it was a false activation.
2s is the BIGGEST proplem with hte VXL ESC's as 2s will drop its voltage more than a 3s.
the lower the voltage the more amps you need and you are only just..but you are overworking this pack.

it's probably a 20c burst rating....if that as most lipo manufactures over-rate their lipo's. and god forbid!! dont go and buy maxamps!!! they are one of the worst out there!!

get 3s lipo or a mamba max ESC and sell your VXL ESC (keep the motor as that is a a resonable motor) and your problem will go away.