Notices

102" Yak Stand-offs

Old 02-10-2009, 07:27 AM
shall36
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 102" Yak Stand-offs

I have a Gen I/II 102" Yak with DA 100 and standard mufflers. My setup has come out nose heavy...so heavy that I've added about 5 oz in the tail to balance it about 8" from the trailing edge on the wing. I downloaded the latest assembly manual and I notice it calls for 1 1/2 inch engine standoffs. I also noticed that the kit came with 1" blocks of wood with holes pre-drilled and I assume these are standoffs. I've mounted the engine on 1 1/2 inch standoffs and I'm thinking that using shorter standoffs would help the balancing of the plane. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Steve- Orlando
Old 02-10-2009, 09:40 PM
shall36
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: 102" Yak Stand-offs

I'm going to reply to my own thread!

I dug out the Gen I instruction manual and as I suspected, the wooden blocks included in the kit are used as engine stand offs. So yes, it appears the Gen I/II fuses were designed to have less stand off relative to the Gen III/IV. This explains why I needed the tail weight to get the balance right. I'll change things around and see how things balance out.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
ktreadway

Default RE: 102" Yak Stand-offs

I have a Gen III with 1/2" standoffs on a DA 100 and it works fine.