Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

tranmitters

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:51 PM
1rcaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranmitters

Can anyone recommend a good transmitter/receiver for the Arrow Shark Tsunami?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:06 PM
LtDoc

Default RE: tranmitters

Decide on how many control channels you'll need, then pick one that has at least that many channels. Some of those 'extra' features might come in handy, or maybe a few more channels, you'll have to decide which ones and if they would be worth the expen$e. Then it's just a matter of which you like best. Sort of a Ford or Chevy thing. Sticking with a 'name' brand is a good idea. In the long run, 'new' seems to be a better bargain than 'used', at least to me. If you know the seller, and trust them, why not?
I own more than one brand. One is 'dirt' common, the other is less so. Both work just fine. Good luck!
- 'Doc

(Neither are for sale unless you are offering some absolutely ridiculous huge amount of money. They aren't worth that, but I could be talked into it, maybe. Naw, ain't nobody that stupid...)
Old 08-23-2008, 01:47 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Any ground system would work but stay away from off brand radios.Futaba and Hitec are my choices for most of my projects-FM and 2.4 systems probably less prone to interference than AM but plenty of AM systems available for less money.[8D]
Old 02-16-2009, 06:25 PM
rcgreenhornet

i would not use AM RECEVER OR TRANMITTER on water
Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 AM
LtDoc

rcgreenhornet,
Hey, that's fine. But there are a lot of us who do use 'AM' on water with no more problems than any other mode. 'AM' is prone to more ~possible~ interference than other modes, but that's not to say that other modes don't get interfered with too. No one has come up with an absolutely fool proof system yet, and I've given up holding my breath for it.
- 'Doc

(Besides, that's what that long antenna on an 'AM' transmitter is for. Switching the legs of the one's doing the interfering, right? )