Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Cross-post: Canadians ordering parts from USA?

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Cross-post: Canadians ordering parts from USA?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:26 PM
robjunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross-post: Canadians ordering parts from USA?

- Sorry for the cross-post; going to see if Redcat or HSP owners have any thoughts on this as well -
- cross-posted from here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8409178/tm.htm -

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if there's anybody on here from Canada (I'm in Vancouver) who has ordered parts from the US for their Exceed / Redcat / HSP (etc.)? I've heard that anybody who receives via FedEx or UPS can get charged a very hefty brokerage fee, and am wondering if you're from Canada and:

1) Have you ever ordered from nitrorcx.com or any other site that ships via FedEx / UPS? Did you get dinged? Where you ordering parts or a whole vehicle kit / RTR?
2) Do you know of anywhere that ships via USPS, and how was your experience?
3) Do you know of anyone in Canada that ships, and how was your experience?
4) Any general advice?

many thanks!
Rob
Old 01-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Foxtrap

Default RE: Cross-post: Canadians ordering parts from USA?

I am in Newfoundland.....and have ordered stuff for over 70 and 150 us from nitrorcx.....They have a "technique" that avoids broker/customs fees.....so thats good

But the last order i got took a month to get here....but You're in Vancouver I think you said?....thats alot closer to where nitrorcx is...so the border is the only real obstacle.....and in there defence,,,it was just before Christmas....so customs was flooded to the gills I'd say.

I find the price difference to be big also....ordering stuff from little companies here in canada that don't have the buying power/numbers that the US have can be a bit pricey ...so

do it...do it..

I us e-bay chop shops alot now too.....they seem to yeild alot of good deals thus far too.

Good luck Sir
Stephen

oh yeah...and it was parts/starters/chargers once or twice...and a whole car rtr once....no customs....usps i think...air?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:48 PM
robjunk

Thanks for the reply! How did you order, phone or online? Did you have to request USPS specifically? On their website it seems their default for Canadian shipping is UPS.

I wish I'd asked this before ordering my truck from them, could've saved me a drive down to the US to pick it up
Old 01-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Redcat_Mike

There is indeed brokerage fee's on all orders from us. You may beable to save a little bit by buying from one of our canadian dealers.

I really can't list them all here, and it wouldn't be fair to list only some, so if you do a little research i'm sure youll find one

-Mike
Old 01-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Redcat Nick

If you order Expedited vs standard you don't have to pay brokerage or customs fees. Just taxes to get it across the border. I know that expedited cost more than standard shipping but you will get it in 2-3 days and will not get dinged when they come to deliver the package to you
Old 01-28-2009, 03:39 PM
R-U-FASTER

We are not a Canadian dealer but have been US dealer selling to shipping to Canada for a few years now. The feedback I receive from many customers is this.
1. They would prefer not to ship items DHL FEDX or UPS because of the built in brokerage fees.
2. USPS standard post is generally much less expensive, still goes by air (LOL) and delivery usually takes about 5-10 days from our North East location.

Mike
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 PM
5lagd

pm stallone11 here on RCU. He is a Canadian Redcat dealer out of Quebec. Great service and fast shipping.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 PM
5lagd

pm stallone11 here on RCU. He is a Canadian Redcat dealer out of Quebec. Great service and fast shipping.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:23 PM
stallone11

ORIGINAL: DonnyNitro

Thanks a lot for your good words!! I am working very hard to give the best customer service as possible!

ORIGINAL: robjunk

- Sorry for the cross-post; going to see if Redcat or HSP owners have any thoughts on this as well -
- cross-posted from here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8409178/tm.htm -

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if there's anybody on here from Canada (I'm in Vancouver) who has ordered parts from the US for their Exceed / Redcat / HSP (etc.)? I've heard that anybody who receives via FedEx or UPS can get charged a very hefty brokerage fee, and am wondering if you're from Canada and:

1) Have you ever ordered from nitrorcx.com or any other site that ships via FedEx / UPS? Did you get dinged? Where you ordering parts or a whole vehicle kit / RTR?
2) Do you know of anywhere that ships via USPS, and how was your experience?
3) Do you know of anyone in Canada that ships, and how was your experience?
4) Any general advice?

many thanks!
Rob
Just leave me a PM if you need something and before buy a new vehicules from someone else, please ask me to try selling at same price than my competitor and i will do my best because i want YOU as one of my customer!!!

I am working about offer a new service to my customers. So please let me know your opinion about that :

Everybody know that Redcat Racing vehicules are ready to run (RTR) and can't be customized like pro kits. BUT, everybody know too that pro kits cost a lot of money! What i want to offer to my customers is a fusion of RTR vehicules and Pro kit.

For example: A customer wants to buy an avalanche, but don't want to keep 2 servos and tx / rx already installed. With my new service, it would be easy for me to sell an avalanche customized as needed! So this customer will not pay the parts he don't wanted and will SAVE money!

Here an other exemple: A customer ask me to remove stock engine on tornado bb and replace by O.S .18 CVR-X engine. I have done that for him!

I want to offer the possibility to my customers to built their vehicules with the parts they really wanted to have and the most important thing is to avoid to put in garbage all the unwanted parts they have bought in RTR kit.

Here my philosophy: Why we need to buy a very very expensive kit to let us the possibility of put what we want in our vehicules....don't you think same thing than me??

Last thing: Before buy a new vehicules from someone else, please ask me to try to sell at same price than my competitor!

Best regards

Sebastien

Nitro Speed R/C
Old 02-07-2009, 12:46 AM
stallone11

no body?[]
Old 02-09-2009, 03:41 PM
a4d2a0m

that is a pretty great idea!! would like to see what you offer for price breaks (if the savings are greater than jst installing it yourself and having a spare motor)... but it would prob make upgrades a little easier on the pocket.

Keep me posted!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 AM
stallone11

ORIGINAL: a4d2a0m

that is a pretty great idea!! would like to see what you offer for price breaks (if the savings are greater than jst installing it yourself and having a spare motor)... but it would prob make upgrades a little easier on the pocket.

Keep me posted!
Hi a4d2a0m,

Like you have said, the problem with all RTR is about parts we don't want! For exemple, if someone bought Monsoon but don't need both stock servos, he will have to remove both servos and replace them with his own. This situation is non economic! My new service will prevent him losing money and will allow him to buy extra parts with the money he have saved!

For the moment, even if i haven't start officially this new service, if someone want to buy a custom RTR car from me, that is POSSIBLE!! So if you want to have a quote, just tell me which RTR you want to know my cost and tell me which parts you want to remove. At this time, a customer have 2 choice: first one is asking me to remove parts but don't replace them. The second choice is still removing some parts but ask me to replace them with some parts. For exemple, this customer may want to replace the stock 9001 servo with a more powerfull servos. So by keeping both stock servos, i could allow him a credit!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english! French is my first language!

Regards

Sebastien
Nitro Speed R/C
Old 02-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Encountr

Sebastien,

i'm sure you remember me.... Christian from Brossard... ring a bell? (talk to you last week for dog-bones)

Guys, Nitro Speed RC is THE redcat dealer in Quebec.

I prchased a nitro Tsunami from a Ebay Store. I did'nt know their was Nitro Speed RC in Quebec.
I got screwd with UPS charging me brokage fees (80$ CAD)... what a pain!

Then, i found Sebastien at Nitro Speed RC... asked him for a Quote (just to compare) and damn!!!! I got screwed ordering from Ebay!!!!

Guys, consider Sebastien as your Redcat Racing supplier... he's the man.

If ever, your dont agree with the shipping rate, tell him, maybe the communication was simply bad... he will fix you up.

Sebas, your new way of custom building RTR is very cool. I'm sure this will be a win-win solution for many customers...

Cheers.

Here is my ''Madmax alike'' Tsunami (and my new Team Losi Aftershock... this thing is SOOOOO sweet!!)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44876.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1140336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46942.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1140337  
Old 03-10-2009, 07:06 PM
[email protected]

iF U R IN VANCOUVER U SHOULD GO TO VANCOUVER HOBBIES.COM THEY REDCAT AND NITRO RCX PARTS I HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH THEM.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Decivox

If anyone is wonderig, here are the rules on stuff coming over the border:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/po...t-tvh-eng.html

Basically, if its over $20 and its not marked as a gift, you will be charged either 13% HST, or 5% GST and 8% PST (all depends on your province, but either way its 13%). If it has been marked as a gift, it can be valued up to $60 and not get taxed, if its over $60 then it will be taxed.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Squidbait

USPS is the only way to get stuff across the border unless you want to bend over and let UPS/FedEx/DHL ream you for a so-called brokerage fee. If you're going to be doing a lot of cross-border ordering, it's better (and cheaper) to set up an account with a customs broker.

If you're close to the border, get it UPS'd to a UPS store near the border, cross over and pick it up yourself... much less hassle and still cheaper than the ridiculous brokerage charges the couriers slap on you.

Better still is to buy from a Canadian distributor/dealer. That ensures there's a parts supply in Canada, and probably helps local hobbyists by keeping a bricks-and-mortar store in business.