Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

GST 7.7

Old 02-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Finnalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GST 7.7 NOT MADE TO RUN, BUT NICE TO LOOK AT!!!

I have a brand new GST 7.7 and love it. So far I have almost a gallon through it and it seems solid and no issues. It did however come out of the box missing the O-ring on the main needle valve. I had to go back to the store and they robbed an O-ring from something else and got it to fit. I agree with others this is a hobby, something you work at and tinker with - which is why I got this in the first place. After all just taking something out and beating on it is only a small fraction of the fun. This sport is a money pit but we all know that going in to it and you need to expect that to some degree. For years I owned dirt bikes and that is 1 hour of riding and 3 hours of wrenching on it – that too was part of getting to know the whole sport. So enjoy and I do recommend this truck - it makes the others you will run with look like toys.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:04 PM
streiter10

does any1 know of the mgt 8.0 rear bumper will fit on a gst 7.7. the bumper has a built in wheelie bar and was just wondering if it will fit thanx.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:07 PM
cablek

I doubt it. However, I own both trucks so I can check for you tonight.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:17 PM
streiter10

oooh cool just post another message if it fits
Old 02-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Finnalist

Default RE: GST 7.7

Was just wondering how in the world you get it that clean? What methods do you use? Nice looking rig!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:23 AM
mike mackenzie

ORIGINAL: Finnalist

Was just wondering how in the world you get it that clean? What methods do you use? Nice looking rig!

I remove all the electronics, engine,and fuel tank and stick it in the dishwasher. when it finishes washing blast it with WD-40 then blow if off the compressed air. clean the engine with WD-40 and an old toothbrush. Gets everything sparkly clean.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Finnalist

Thank you!!! Also where did you get that rollcage? Very Very nice rig
Old 02-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Tree1

Here you go:

https://store.vgracing.com/catalog/p...mesis-gst-7-7/
Old 03-03-2009, 05:20 PM
jendr

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

CEN Warranty is one of the best in the business- we stand behind our products and I can assure you that the e-mails are answered daily. Please keep in mind that warranty claims are limited to servos and motors. No wear and tears or curbs

CEN Racing, I would like to know who you are personally so we can actually get some good customer service with your company and someone that will stand up to a warranty. I am a hobby shop employee and we have never had good customer service from CEN Racing nor have they stood behind their warranty claims. A brand new engine on only it's second tank was not warrantied and it was not user error. You could see the problem when the motor was opened up. It was a manufacturer problem. You stated that CEN warranty was one of the best in the business? Don't think so, and I'm speaking from personal experience. You need to take notes from companies such as Traxxas, Associated, Losi, OFNA, Kyosho to name a few. Once you have learned from them, you will have good customer service because they WILL warranty engines on only a second tank.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:43 PM
93firebird

ORIGINAL: jendr

ORIGINAL: CEN Racing

CEN Warranty is one of the best in the business- we stand behind our products and I can assure you that the e-mails are answered daily. Please keep in mind that warranty claims are limited to servos and motors. No wear and tears or curbs

CEN Racing, I would like to know who you are personally so we can actually get some good customer service with your company and someone that will stand up to a warranty. I am a hobby shop employee and we have never had good customer service from CEN Racing nor have they stood behind their warranty claims. A brand new engine on only it's second tank was not warrantied and it was not user error. You could see the problem when the motor was opened up. It was a manufacturer problem. You stated that CEN warranty was one of the best in the business? Don't think so, and I'm speaking from personal experience. You need to take notes from companies such as Traxxas, Associated, Losi, OFNA, Kyosho to name a few. Once you have learned from them, you will have good customer service because they WILL warranty engines on only a second tank.
I think You are in the wrong location, Hell they won't even answer questions like this on their own web site, so pretty much you are screwed like the rest of us, stuck with junk. I would suggest that your hobby shop cut their losses with the CEN products and sell them off as is. Well that's all you can do any way. I have a CEN genesis and like I have said before it breaks everytime out, you don't have to run it hard to break it, just run it and something is sure to go.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Why don't you just sell it since it's such a pos? Then buy something else sounds pretty simple to me,then you won't need to complain so much about how the cen is such a pos.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 PM
93firebird

cant get what I have into it thats why I'm not willing to take that kind of loss
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats Totally not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I offered to buy it from you more than once and i know there are several who have too!! You never gave us a price!! Man...you gotta be kidding me..

ORIGINAL: 93firebird

cant get what I have into it thats why I'm not willing to take that kind of loss
Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
93firebird

no you told me to post up pics (which I did) and you would come up with a price you thought was fair, and you never did!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Show me I dont remember the pics!! Otherwise I would have shot you a price, I would havew been more than happy to How much do you have into it?? Just so we can be fair..
Old 03-05-2009, 07:36 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: 93firebird

Iv'e been in this hobby for 20 plus years and have rarely got my money back out of a Rc when sold.Losis have always been one of the best at holding there value but they have even taken a hit during these great economic times.Just look at the bay and look at what you can get for your money today compared to a year ago it's crazy.I just bought a Losi Muggy off the bay for 230 shipped.It came with at least 200 in extras,truck is like new with new Axial 28 and jp3 pipe and a few other hop ups.My point is it's a buyers market right now.I would think the guy lost his ass but I was the only bidder so that says something about these economic times.I lost about 250 when I sold my pos warhead but the way I was spending money on it to try to get it to run and hold together a couple more weeks worth of parts and I would have lost more.I came out with some money but most importantly I got rid of the pos.Your gonna have to take some kind of a loss or you will never get rid of it.Look into trading it on this site just watch who you deal with.What are you interested in?I have some nitro's I would trade for your cen just lmk what your into.