Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

receiver cutting off under full accleration

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

receiver cutting off under full accleration

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 04:17 PM
zsar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default receiver cutting off under full accleration

hi anyone have problem when you put receiver on and accelarate and the reciver switches off.after disconecting battery and reconecting it, it comes on again but when you give it full throttle the receiver switches off again.anyone got any idea why this is happening . i am using spectrum receiver and mamba esc and mamba max motor
Old 02-22-2009, 04:37 PM
xt2nitro

Default RE: receiver cutting off under full accleration

Do you mean the servo is cutting out? If it is the receiver please can you explain how you can tell it's the receiver.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:42 PM
systemlord

Spektrum receivers are famous for not working correctly with some brands of ESC's. I'm not a Spektrum hater either, I'm about to buy a $700 plus dollar Spektrum product.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:18 PM
RCguru09
Banned

Simple solution. Use a seperate battery for your reciever. If you are not, This the problem. The motor is sucking all the current and the reciever can't get any juice to power the servos. By pasing the reciever and using the motor battery to power the whole care is called B.E.C. battery -Eliminator- circuit Most newer reciever has this.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: RCguru09

Simple solution. Use a seperate battery for your reciever. If you are not, This the problem. The motor is sucking all the current and the reciever can't get any juice to power the servos. By pasing the reciever and using the motor battery to power the whole care is called B.E.C. battery -Eliminator- circuit Most newer reciever has this.
Thats the what I would do, brushless systems are so power hungry that you should use a seperate battery for your receiver on any electric power model.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:08 AM
sonicj
My Feedback: (2)

one of these should solve your problem: [link]http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM1600[/link]

i don't think spektrum should charge for these. this is a design flaw. i have plenty of rx's that work fine during voltage drops. if it only works with above average and better battery systems, then it should say so on the box! or at least sell them at cost!