Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

Old F16 Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:33 PM
GRASS CUTTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old F16 Help

I have an old F16 that I dont know much about. The guy I got it off of had it in his basement for about 12 years & he said he didn't know much about it. It has air retracts, it is foam with a super thin layer of fiberglass looking material on the outside of the plane, & it looks like it is suppose to be a glow pusher. The plane is 64" long with a 44" wing span. The Air duct on the front of the aircraft goes all the way thru and out the back. This thing could probably be set up for an EDF , there is not enough room or access door for a glow powered DF. Any info that anyone could give me on this plane would be great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10545.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	1143496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74909.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1143497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78273.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1143498  
Old 02-24-2009, 12:45 PM
AJ1202

Default RE: Old F16 Help

Hi grass cutter, I could be wrong but it sure looks like what you have there is a Byrons original F-16
there are a couple threads on it here you could look into as well as others out there on the net

I have a Byrons Christan Eagle I'm building now, everything I have seen so far says the Byron originals were great planes

Good luck with it
Old 02-24-2009, 01:31 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

It's not a Byron - They were fiberglass and a lot bigger.

It's a Combat Models F-16. The tailcone is removable and a .60 glow engine gets mounted there. An EDF is not really an option as the ducting is not satisfactory. Best fot it is an electric pusher.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:21 PM
wildcat4u

ORIGINAL: skyhawknut

It's not a Byron - They were fiberglass and a lot bigger.

It's a Combat Models F-16. The tailcone is removable and a .60 glow engine gets mounted there. An EDF is not really an option as the ducting is not satisfactory. Best fot it is an electric pusher.
I'm not familar with that particular Combat Models F-16; can you explain as to the ducting issue. Didn't they make an A-10 also? Would that be suitable for EDF?
Old 02-24-2009, 08:11 PM
GRASS CUTTER

Thanks for all your help everyone I just did a search for combat models F16 and came across a lot of good info that can be used to fuel my need for speed. Thanks again.