Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

2009 Summer Gyro meet

Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

2009 Summer Gyro meet

Old 11-29-2008, 12:26 PM
billf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Summer Gyro meet

Hi Gary (and Jim)...

Glad to see you working on a site for 2009! Since I live on the western end of Wisconsin, I am prejudiced in favor of Gary's
marvelous-looking field. One added attraction for Sheboygan is that the EAA museum in Oshkosh isn't too far away and is worth
a visit.

But Muncie is also a great venue.

Bill
Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

I got the Paperwork from AMA this week.. They did have us scheduled with another group so after a few phone calls we are getting the 600x600 field on June 16-17-18 2009..
That is not a weekend it is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.. The only way now we can get a weekend at AMA is for all of us to be on 2.4 ghz. Since we are not all on that band we have to take what is left..
We will try it for 2009 and if it don't work out we will try someplace else out on a weekend.

Thanks for you your input.

Jim
Old 01-05-2009, 04:49 PM
bdebainoa

Next summer 2009 in Icaro Club from Madrid we will organize the fouth Juan de la Cierva Award it will be the crowded Autogiros meeting soon we will hang the website for the inscriptions. W'll see in Madrid any questions at [email protected] (sorry for the english)
Old 01-24-2009, 10:17 PM
diesel boat sailor

rcflyer...just curious, why would Muncie want us all on 2.4 ghz to fly on a weekend? Last I heard, 2.4 does not interfere with other frequencies and inversley, other frequencies do not interfere with 2.4. As long as the gyro event was keeping their business straight with frequency pins and it would not bother the rest of the Muncie area, why do they care? Will somebody post here AND on RC Groups when a date and place are settled on? Thanks, looking forward to it wherever and whenever.

Chuck
...somewhere in Indiana...
Old 01-25-2009, 07:46 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Chuck,
As you can see in an earlier post the date is June 16, 17, 18, 2009

There are at least 6 flying sites at Muncie and there would have been 2 RC groups on that weekend and the other group had first dibs because they were there last year..We will be flying on a grass 600 x 600 and they will be on the cross runways on the other side of the hill.

We will have the Freq. pins and still fly on 2.4 as can others who come to visit , but just at a different site.

Jim
Old 01-25-2009, 11:35 PM
diesel boat sailor

Thank you Jim. I was not being picky, just wondered and I guess I had not read (or remembered that I read) earlier posts that related. I appreciate you clearing it up for me. I am looking forward to the event.

Chuck
...somewhere in Indiana...
Old 03-01-2009, 10:19 AM
AeroBalsa Mike

14th ANNUAL GYRONUTS FUN FLY

Attention all you Gyronuts and wannabes out there... mark your calendars for June 16, 17 and 18, 2009 for this year's Annual Gyronuts Fun Fly. This year's event will be held at the magnificent AMA National Flying Field in Muncie, Indiana. Please stay tuned for the flyer which will include a map, hours of operation and hotel info. See you there!!!