Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

jerrys big boy by morris hobbies

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

jerrys big boy by morris hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:37 AM
waynem
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jerrys big boy by morris hobbies

I second that, Randy. I have my extreme flight extra 300 ready to maiden if the weather will get better. I put a G62 that Ralph converted for me in it. Came out at 18 lbs. with everything installed. Our weather has been rough. Wayne
Old 11-25-2008, 03:46 PM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

I may get one of the spoilers if they ever become available but that's the last plane and biggest I'll get. I'm kinda liking my smaller foam models. I have two with 38" wings, profiles, and one that weighs in a less than 10 grams. The motor is about the size of a dime. To be honest, the foam 38" wing from Charger RC is one of the best flying planes I own. Don't get me wrong, I love the BB. It's just a bit more of a hassle getting it to the field and back, plus there's the clean up of the goo. I still love the smell of nitro in the morning!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
triangle
My Feedback: (3)

any news on the spoiler??
Old 02-03-2009, 12:36 PM
randy racer

nothing yet, looks like later in the year.

rr
Old 03-04-2009, 12:25 AM
suitcase

I found this thread. It came before the friends thread. ICE 32 ICEMAN STARTED IT. He claims to have written the instuction manual for the Jerrys BB.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
triangle

??? wut thread???
Old 03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
suitcase

Duh, this thread we're posting on. There was an ICE MAN that took up donations for US soldier to get him a Big Boy but I don't know if the guy ever got it. It all just seemed to go away. Morris Hobbies quit carrying the BB and Jerry, the creator of the Big Boy modified it and called it the Spoiler. At least I think thats how it came down. The spoiler is supposed to fly even better than the BB but I've never seen one fly in person. An NC hobbie shop supposedly has the spoiler coming out but thats too has been going on for months and months. The shop is somewhere near Raleigh NC I think. If I have some or all of this wrong please feel free to correct me.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
randy racer

East Rc was doing the spoiler arfs but i have not heard anything out of them in months so i am not sure what to tell you guys. i do hope they get something going soon. the spoiler very much better than the big boy and we all know how good it was.

rr
Old 01-26-2010, 03:09 PM
balsa brain

Does anybody know if the Spoiler ever became available? And if not, are there plans to be had anywhere? For that matter, I would be satisfied with the plans for the Biog Boy. I had one almost ready to fly with an old OS 120 four stroke on it and it along with the rest of my rc stuff was stolen. I would really like to have one or the other.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 01-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Combat 20

I have seen the Big Boy fly and was impressed. I have not seen a Spoiler but have repeatedly heard that it is a better plane. Why? What specifically makes it a better plane? I have a Big Boy kit and would appreciate knowing how I should modify it, if reasonably possible.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:52 PM
suitcase

Hi everyone. Just saw the thread was back and thought I'd see whatsup. Combat 20 I would just assemble and fly. The BB is great as is. I've had mine for years and even after several crashes it's good as ever. I flew mine first with a G26 but have since went to a YS 110. It's much better with the YS because of the weight difference. As for East RC, it does exist because RVator has visited the store. He said it's pretty nice with lots of goodies for sell. But not the Spoiler. The last I heard was that the kits are state side and in container waiting for custom inspection. "uhh yeah". I was on the list but it's been so long now I've lost interest in it. Good luck with your BB.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Combat 20

Msg rcvd. A few projects to finish before I start on the Big Boy and will then decide what to start next. I have been acquiring kits and plans in preparation for my retirement days. I am one of those who prefers to build versus assemble an ARF. I presently have 62 kits and several old kit boxes of plans. I will enjoy retirement!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
SU29
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Little boy kit, plans or RTF etc. I have a 63 four stroke looking for a home.

Jeff
Old 02-04-2010, 08:58 AM
humrnv

I was the individual that was suppose to receive the JBB from ICEMAN when I returned from my deployment. He was a scam and never sent it. Thany you all for trying to do something great for me, it would have been nice to have received it. If anybody is hoarding a kit and wants to part with it let me know.

Ken
Old 02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
randy racer

sorry you never recieved a kit. wish we could do more for all who serve our country. low life scammers will get what they deserve someday i'm sure.

rr
Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Combat 20

The Little Boy was not favorably receeived as I recall. I built one and was not impressed. Consider the Florio Flyer .40 for sale on Ebay.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 PM
SU29
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I built the little boy and loved it. It was perfect with the YS 63, I even had it on floats. I sold it to a club member that wanted it real bad and I also gave them the plans which they now cannot find.

I will look into the Florio though.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 03:02 PM
isaac
My Feedback: (19)

Anybody has plans for the big boy? im interested in one or if someone has the kit, im willing to buy.

Call 786-290-2222 Isaac
Old 04-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Yakflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah, I miss my JBB too. I still have the wings but need a new fuse.
Anybody find any plans or someone or somplace selling the JBB kit or arf?
I sure would be interested.
I had one with a Zenoah G-26 using a 17x6 APC, man that was the shine! 3D, no problem! Unlimited virtical T/Os, watch my trail!
I had for 2.5 years before I tried to hover a little to low and lost it! Doh!.
Anybody have any information where to get one?
Old 06-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Lynn1953

I have a nib JBB arf and am looking for anyone that might have the pull pull instructions that was supposed to be in the box with the instructions. i have built a little boy and love it and have finally got around to putting the BB together. I see in the instructions there a 2 servos for the elevators but am not sure the best way to run the cables since the servo is hz and the horns are vert. Do they just rotate from hz to vert inside the fuse? any help is appreciated. I have a120 ax and plan to do the beer can muffler.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Lynn1953

Nogyro - Was the lenght you measured on your header pipe from the part of the flange that touches the engine? You mentioned in the text "from the flange" 6 7/8 inches.
thanks.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:50 PM
MAMBA-7700-Evader

Hi guys i got a GBB with a g-26 and i am having flutter problems with the ailerons, any advice on what set up and servos to use? Also EAST RC is the name of the hobbyshop that the spoiler is supposed to come from, but the owner which i know says that they are stuck in customs, if u didnt already know. They have many other nice aircraft designs if you are interested. EAST RC ZEBULON,NC 919-414-1522 i forget the web adress, sorry. Anyways any help with the Jerrys Big Boy WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL...... 919-449-1617 JOSH
Old 07-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Combat 20

Flutter is often caused by loose "fittings." Ensure the clevises fit tightly in the control horns and that there is minimal to no play in the servo bearing\bushing. Any one loose connection can contribute to aileron flutter (or any other control surface). A combination of slightly loose connections can build-up to become a problem. Turn the radio on to check for loose connections and see if you can move the aileron freely without the servo control horn moving, or the servo output shaft moving back and forth. If you find any one or more of those problems, fix it to avoid potential loss of your aircraft. I have seen aileron flutter destroy a wing, and subsequently the whole aircraft.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
airheadflyer

I use Hitec digital metal gear ultra torque, double ball bearing on mine ( HS-5645MG. I also use titanium control rods from Donshobby.com with ball link connectors. I also taped the gap between the alerons and the wing.. Do a search on flutter in rcu and you'll find lots of info. WHen you get your JBB dorted out you will love it, but get that flutter tamed or you'll lose a plane in just a few seconds. The Spoiler has been "stuck in customs" for about 2 years... that story is getting old(LOL)!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Yakflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Mamba,

Lots of good suggestions being passed to you in response to your flutter question.

If I may share my 2 cents worth on the topic, flutter is being caused by airflow passing between the leading edge of the aileron and the trailing edge of the wing.

Most often I find the source is the aileron was installed with too much gap between the wing and the aileron.

Air is passing through that gap resulting in the flutter.

What should you do? Here are two suggestions;
1) Remove the aileron and reinstall with little to no gap
2) If the installation is already completed with little to no gap, then iron on, or use tape to seal the gap but make sure you still allow for the proper range of defelction of the aileron after you seal the gap

The last thing I could think of is on my JBB I had a G-26 with a 17 x 6wide or a 17 x 4wide prop and loved it! The JBB is not a speed plane but a very nice 'n' stable aerobatic performer that does not need speed to maneuver. The only time I needed to use more than 2/3 throtle was to hover or pull out of a hover.

Hope this helps you. Please be sure to post what the culprit is so we can all learn/know what your answer is to the question.

I'm still looking for another JBB. Just a fuse if possible, or complete ARF if available kit would be just fine too. Hit me up if you know where one is!
Ciao!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.