Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

ONEWASP-A STREIGHT SHOOTER

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:36 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ONEWASP-A STREIGHT SHOOTER

ONEWASP:

Wow, think we have a honest tell it like it is streight shooter here in one wasp. Just because you represent a manufacturer, a honerable person representing a honest manufacturer should tell it like it is. Even if we, the buyer does not like to hear reality. Gotta give onewasp a big hoooooooooraw.

That being said (yea, here it comes). Is there a problem with the new "Sport line" of servos? A area shop closed down recently and I just had to take advantage of the big discounts. I fly a 10X and try to stay with good servos and related gear. Bought 8 JR "sport" MN48's mini servos, 48 OZ power in a smaller package. The first 4 went into a electric and performed as expected. 5, 6, and 7 went into a dual aileron tusnami kit build, 7 on the rudder. This is a Jett 60 powered puppy in a 40 airframe, intended to scoot. During setting up the elevator servos, one stalled against the end of travel and stripped the gears. I have never had a servo do this in the past 48 years. Yea, that old. The rudder servo has a case of the buzzez, but still operates. I like these little guys, price, small size and power near a standard servo. Do we need to relagate these guys to light duty such as the small electrecs? THANKS
Old 03-03-2009, 04:45 PM
onewasp

Default RE: ONEWASP-A STREIGHT SHOOTER

ORIGINAL: rmenke

ONEWASP:

Wow, think we have a honest tell it like it is streight shooter here in one wasp. Just because you represent a manufacturer, a honerable person representing a honest manufacturer should tell it like it is. Even if we, the buyer does not like to hear reality. Gotta give onewasp a big hoooooooooraw.

I'd like to answer the question ____ BUT _____ I have zero experience with the sport servos and I do not work for nor am I sponsored by Horizon/JR/Spektrum.
In other words, simply a long time RC'r.

You might try Dick Hanson (dick Hanson - on RCU) however as he does have experience with at least some of the sport servos.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Hilarious

Frankly, I find the MN48 has way more torque than required for the application where you would use it. I have broken gears by bumping the control surface (rudder, you know, it gets bumped). There is a quick fix. JR has the 3421 digital version of the same servo which uses metal gears. I now use the metal gears in my MN48 servos on Aileron and Elevator. For sure they have th power to handle your 60-90 size model so it might be time to upgrade the gears. They are a first choice for many pylon race guys which speaks tto their reliability.
H-
Old 03-05-2009, 02:59 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

HILARIOUS:

Thanks so much for the heads up on the metal gears. I do use 3421's in the hot rods running over 100mph. To change out the gears in the MN 48, does the mg's for the 3421s work, or should I search for another part number. Thanks again!!! ENJOY
Old 03-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Hilarious

Yep, just order up the gear set for the 3421 JRPSG3421 I only use one metal gear to keep the weight down. To bad you can't buy just the next to last gear in the train. This method also takes up any of the slack in a metal gear train.
H-