Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

servo saver for Volcano Sv

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Jason535

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo saver for Volcano Sv

How do you take the servo saver off the vehicle. theres one nut on top and a screw on the bottom. does the screw need to be tapped out? how does it come apart. I need to change it out and dont want to ruin the parts HELP!!!!!!![:-]
Old 03-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Big_Rob

Default RE: servo saver for Volcano Sv

You have to take the entire top plate off to get it out. The screw in the bottom does not remove. The saver slides over the screw. I just got done doing this last night.
Do you already have the replacement part? If not make sure you save the stock piece, you have to remove the "stud?" Not sure what to call it, it's the silver piece that is on the top of the servo saver arm, and put it in the new part. I ended up breaking mine so this is not an easy task, luckily I have a another truck to steal parts off of. If I'm wrong about the stud someone please let me know, I still need to find a replacement for the Alum parts that I have coming.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Jason535

hey thanks I have the new aluminum servo saver and bell crank but I didnt think to buy the stud. makes no sense why you cant just take the nut and screw out sense it just spins. So just to confirm i have to take the entire top plate off to replace it.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Big_Rob

Yep, top plate has to come off.

And I don't think you can buy the stud by itself.