Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Royal "THERMALON" prepainted fabric covering

Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Royal "THERMALON" prepainted fabric covering

Old 03-12-2009, 03:24 PM
corcguy
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal "THERMALON" prepainted fabric covering

Many of you fellow senior RC GUYS recognize the Royal name. They have been gone for quite awhile now. One of the products they marketed was the subject material. At my clubs 2008 auction I bought six 38" x 15' rolls of this material for $50. Yes, at that price I figured I did STEAL it. Only problem is I can't get the danged stuff to stick to balsa no matter what I do. Varying the 300 degree application temp made no differance on raw balsa. Preping the balsa with with Balsarite or even Stix-it did not help. In each case it was like pulling off a Stickynote, just a little more sticky.

Any of you fellas' got any suggestions?. Thanks in advance for your help.

Dick.