Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado epx

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 07:03 PM
chevyderek72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado epx

So my gf bought her dad a new tornado epx and i went over everything and made sure it worked, and it worked perfectly. Did everything great. then i packaged it up and brought it to her house. Now it just sits there and beeps over and over, and it wont do anything. So whats the problem here, the battery is charged, i charged it before i put it away. and everything seems to be pluged in.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:06 AM
TornadoGuy

Default RE: tornado epx

You know I have the same exact car, and it does the same thing. The problem most likely is that the throttle trim is not set properly. Just set the car on top of a wooden block so the wheels are of the ground and turn the knob until the wheels stop spinning.

Good luck getting it going, and if you do get it going or you need any more help feel free to ask on here. I'll be glad to help.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:29 PM
chevyderek72

Well we were messin with it and he started pulling out the cords from the reciever. for the servo and esc and then the wheels would turn but the esc would still beep. the manual said to push the reset button on the esc but it didnt have one. so he messed with it some more and it started working. and now it works amazing.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:32 PM
TornadoGuy

Glad you got it working tihstae. Like I said come here if you need any more help.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 PM
lildaddy75249

hello i have a tornado epx with the brushless upgrade ,3300,3600 7.2 venom batteries charged and ready to go, but i have a problem. when i press the trottle it goes but then it stops.i have to let go of triggered and press it again.can someone help me with this? ive checked all the connections to the motor,esc .servo,everything
Old 03-13-2009, 06:23 AM
jackkpl

One thing you can do is set cut off voltage on ESC to off. This might be set to some high lvl, with powerfull engines during start it takes so much current, that the voltage on battery can drop to as low as 5V. this might trigger cut-off on esc.

Another thing you can do is to get separate battery pack for receiver and servos. I had an issue with brushed motor and low quality battery. When i pressed too much throttle it voltage dropped and ESC turned off (it cannot operate on too low voltate). This happened few times a sec and caused cogging of the motor.

Let me know if it helped.