Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Official XTM Monster MT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 09:59 PM
rcbeep73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official XTM Monster MT Thread

I emailed XTM about the radio and they would replace it. But I have to pay the shipping to get it to them. I just spent $400.00 why should I have to pay. Any time I ever had a problem with any company's stuff they always paid both ways. Or gave a little extra to make up the difference. Makes me wonder if this is how ther customer support is I am worried about driving the truck.

I read that people are breaking the same parts as you and then I read some say they can't break it! I guess I will find out soon enough.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:09 PM
rclynx

Would be better to call Global at there service number and talk with them, ask for a shipping tag...........1-800-854-8471 I think
Old 01-01-2009, 12:47 PM
rcbeep73

Thanks, I will try that!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 PM
rcbeep73

Don't know about you guys but I break in the engine by idling it threw a tank and making sure the temps are in the low to mid 200.

I really did not tune for speed just lean out the high speed needle and was going to take it easy in my back yard. Well that did not happen I started to “monster truck it†taking jumps off my deck, jumping and landing on loose 4x4 railroad ties. This truck is a tank. I can’t tell you how many times I full throttle over the ties landing on the roof, ends of the tires that I thought would rip right off the truck. I beat the living sh__ out of this thing and with the body off too and it took all the abuse.

From reading posts about how bad the truck is to bash I thought it was going to break if I ran over a crack but this thing is great! I know I will blow the rear diff out cause I had a lot of landings on the rear axle with the throttle wide open. You could hear the rear pop a tooth or two. I don’t care if they go I will just replace them.

So for me I as of now I love this thing. But time will tell. I will drive it again and take a video so I will let you guys know.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:06 PM
MMT GUNS

Got my truck fix yesterday I split opened one of the rear tires of the truck so I ordered some Big Joe tires and white dish rims as well.

(The Monster came back to life lol)

Old 02-25-2009, 07:23 PM
rcbeep73

can't wait to start wrenching again myself, i am redoing the workshop in the garage so all my stuff is up in the attic. my wife has never seen me do a project so fast before.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:11 AM
rclynx

Spring is in the air and here is a twist on an old X-terminator becoming an MT My shop is getting a make over also [:-]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42334.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1145130   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44691.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1145131   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35972.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1145132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11502.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1145133  
Old 02-26-2009, 03:55 PM
MMT GUNS

It looks like you guy's have your hands full of work, I never seen that truck before what kined of XTM ST is it?
Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 PM
rclynx

Like I said its and old X-TERMINATOR its a lot of different XTM parts put together with proline tires and body. Oh and one fabricated bracket for the rear bumper [:-]
Old 02-26-2009, 09:48 PM
MMT GUNS

That thing looks awesome I was planing of doing something different with the MMT when taking it all apart but I got it fix, the fun of driving my MMT totally mest up my plans lol

nice work man.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:18 PM
rclynx

That MMT is a big old bomb and a lot of fun if you don't expect it to act like a buggy. #1 it doesn't have a center differential so you should only be doing moderate jumps with it #2 the best place for it is on a baseball diamond or in a big park. #3 The shop MMT is almost always on cement and its done plenty of rolls and even a few big jumps very carefully without any problem just don't hit the walls or curbs.............over 3 gallons through that big beast and the only problem I've had is it sticking in first gear when I first got it going. No its not a Savage or a Revo but its as much fun as either one of them because it does what its built to do and thats being a beast
Old 02-27-2009, 02:21 PM
MMT GUNS

[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-05-2009, 09:49 PM
rclynx

Almost done with the Corr for the shop [:-] maybe one more week, I have had 3 orders for one just while I'm trying to build one for display. There fun for whipping on Revo's because they don't know whats coming...........LOL
Old 03-07-2009, 02:14 AM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: rclynx

That MMT is a big old bomb and a lot of fun if you don't expect it to act like a buggy. #1 it doesn't have a center differential so you should only be doing moderate jumps with it #2 the best place for it is on a baseball diamond or in a big park. #3 The shop MMT is almost always on cement and its done plenty of rolls and even a few big jumps very carefully without any problem just don't hit the walls or curbs.............over 3 gallons through that big beast and the only problem I've had is it sticking in first gear when I first got it going. No its not a Savage or a Revo but its as much fun as either one of them because it does what its built to do and thats being a beast
All I've done with my MMT is Off Roading small jumps nothing mayor, the cause of the problem? when I first opened the diff case the pinion didn't have the washer or spacers at all, so that might explain what happened with the diff from factory error. Now I put bouth washers in the pinion and it feels way much better in all aspects of the word.

I have found that these truck problems begins with the front stock axles, then the C hubs, the inner foam tires, and pore assembler from Co. if someone is to buy one of these truck they should go true this parts first, it will save them hard times.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 AM
rcbeep73

i did break the left front axle but go the losi ones to install. I never had a problem with the foam in the tires they run great. i did break the spur gears but i did not re adj the mesh after break in so i will say that was my fault. i love the truck and the engine is great i thouth it would be a dog but it's not. i think it's an SH enigne. i am almost done with my workshop so it will be RC time real soon.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:25 PM
morallo

i just recently got a monster MT XTM truck and iv used a 1 gallon 20% bigbang fuel on it so i know its run in.
but now wen i get on the fields and just let it go as fast as it can it wont change gears, iv never herd it change gears so i dont know if ther broken or wat, any ideas wat i must do ant help is great
Old 03-15-2009, 01:30 AM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: morallo

i just recently got a monster MT XTM truck and iv used a 1 gallon 20% bigbang fuel on it so i know its run in.
but now wen i get on the fields and just let it go as fast as it can it wont change gears, iv never herd it change gears so i dont know if ther broken or wat, any ideas wat i must do ant help is great
Is just tuning procedure. I bought mine like a year and half ago and still no second gear but I left it like that cause I don't really need it. I just do some off roading and no high speed with it. toque torque torque lol
Old 03-15-2009, 06:46 AM
rcbeep73

if you don't hear it shifting tighten the adj down run the truck and see it's top speed, then slowly back out the adj screw till you get it to shift.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:54 AM
morallo

ORIGINAL: rcbeep73

if you don't hear it shifting tighten the adj down run the truck and see it's top speed, then slowly back out the adj screw till you get it to shift.
my gears are shifting now thx for the help
Old 03-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Bad67bird

mmt guns,i gots questions: so the only place you put washers was on the pinion and this stopped the destruction?is that bug body in your avatar on the MMT or something else?

rcbeep73: what losi axles did you break?

jombo i made it here...lol...

.....hey i havent had any issues with my MMT except landing on the wheels wrong....but then again my truck is fully customized by XTM , jombo knows about it.

the reason im asking questions is due to the bust up stock MMT i just traded for.im gonna have to rebuild her from the ground up.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:11 AM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: Bad67bird

mmt guns,i gots questions: so the only place you put washers was on the pinion and this stopped the destruction?is that bug body in your avatar on the MMT or something else?

First of all welcome to RCU Bad67bird I've seen you on the XTM forum, as for your question my truck broke the diff without me bashing it hard at all. when for the first time I opened the diff case and toque it all apart I notice that it didn't have the washers that belong on the ring and pinion set, I'm still guessing that this caused the ring and pinion problem. but it feels much better when I move it back and fourth by hand, ( I know is not the same ) I have to admit I haven't driven the truck yet so I can't tell you for sure how good it came out to be. The Bug is an RC10GT.

Ps: How's your truck doing? I stare at your truck every time I see it lol I get hypnotized
Old 03-19-2009, 07:27 AM
rcbeep73

No i broke the stock axles so i bought a set of losi axles to put in. forgot the part number.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Bad67bird

kool MMT thanx for the welcome and the info......my rig is doing great after i changed the wheels...took her to a meet in july and gave here a thrashin.here are some pics:

at the bash

and after wards:

it was a blast and she held up great, now a stock one HHHHHMMMMM we will see lol.

rcbeep73...ok kool i was gonna get some of the losi ones,but got scared cause i didnt read your post right.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:52 PM
MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: Bad67bird

kool MMT thanx for the welcome and the info......my rig is doing great after i changed the wheels...took her to a meet in july and gave here a thrashin.here are some pics:

at the bash
it was a blast and she held up great, now a stock one HHHHHMMMMM we will see lol.
Wow! thats so cool I wish XTM sold those aftermarket parts for the stock MMT, it would make a world of difference on holding up on a good bash with friends. does your MMT still have the stock 457?[sm=what_smile.gif] I feels weird asking that.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Bad67bird

lol yup it does and its strooooooong....the aftermarket parts are available thru hobby people....the shocks are the same with different oil and springs.the clutch is a 3shoe aluminum clutch,the servos are airtronics 94358's,better bearings thru out,the wheels are from a mammoth st,tires are proline mulchers 40 series,bumpers and skit plates are from a regualr mammoth.......easily done...look back in my post at global xtm and i posted the list of differences. if you have any questions just pm me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.