Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Disappointment

Old 03-25-2009, 02:54 PM
SpikexPhil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointment

Integy crawler conversion for wheely king. Not impressed.[]
Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM
MORNINGSTAR

Default RE: Disappointment

sorry man[&o]

take your electronics and get a berg kit.

or an axial ARTR. thatll perk you up!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

It would be helpful to your discussion if you could list why you are disappointed.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
SpikexPhil

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

It would be helpful to your discussion if you could list why you are disappointed.

Sorry! I am disappointed because it doesnt give any more performance over the HPI crawler conversion, and it doesnt come with instructions, alot of parts here I didnt even use because I have no clue where they go.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:07 PM
drum_n_man

most of the conversion can be bought individually so there are a few (several) parts that would be used if only one part of the conversion were used. i know what i mean. I have the conversion but only because i got it for like 50 bucks.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:09 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

do you have any pics?can we see the extra parts?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:08 AM
drum_n_man

all the extras are in a box with a million other parts. i have no idea what is what. i know there were some screws and a couple spacers at the minimum
Old 03-26-2009, 04:11 PM
SpikexPhil

ORIGINAL: drum_n_man

all the extras are in a box with a million other parts. i have no idea what is what. i know there were some screws and a couple spacers at the minimum

I got alot more then screws and a few spacers, speaking of which what are they for? Do you have any pics how you have yours installed? I cant figure it out. I installed the hpi crawler kit on my little brothers wheely king and it was a cinch, figured the integy one was a deal and it would be along the same lines but its alot different. On top of that one of the drive shafts had the screws cross threaded in it, I ordered the kit off ebay from someone who said they ordered it but then sold their crawler so it was brand new but opened, got it for 70$ so I figured it was a deal. I put it back to stock lastnight so I could atleast drive it around today, sorry for the lame thread by the way was just frustrated, any extra help would be appreciated.-Phil
Old 03-27-2009, 02:03 AM
NY DIRT

Once again proving Integy is J*U*N*K.....Sorry dude.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Integy has some good products. You just have to know what to watch out for. Stay away from a-arms and shock towers. Shocks always work great though. Apparently the crawler conversion for the WK is one you want to stay away from too.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:29 PM
drum_n_man

what do you needpics of? i'll try to get some.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Beasley1

ORIGINAL: SpikexPhil

Integy crawler conversion for wheely king. Not impressed.[]
There is one word there that explains it all.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:31 PM
SpikexPhil

ORIGINAL: drum_n_man

what do you needpics of? i'll try to get some.

Just how you hooked it up on your truck. Obviously the upper links just bolt in but what about the spacers? whatd you use them for? and howd you connect the lower links to the chassis?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:55 PM
drum_n_man

no pics yet but there is a spacer that goes from the mount on the diff to the upper arm using 1 of the small studs (front and rear), i used one of the screws and nuts to mount the lower links to the stock location, and there is a spacer for the steering linkage. it would help if they had a diagram but i just did trial and error. haven't had any problems at all, no complaints and since i'm not going to be competing i would recommend it. with how mine looks i don't foresee any breakage, ubless i drop it off my roof. i'll try for some pics 2morrow
Old 03-27-2009, 09:24 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Barber420

Integy has some good products. You just have to know what to watch out for. Stay away from a-arms and shock towers. Shocks always work great though. Apparently the crawler conversion for the WK is one you want to stay away from too.

I have alot of INTEGY parts on my 5thscale and it is still going strong,rear shock towers,braces, front alloy bulkhead,brake kit,steering kit..and the list keeps going and I have more on my #2 baja
Old 03-28-2009, 01:08 AM
SpikexPhil

Well I bolted the upper links in the stock spot with the hex head bolts, the lower links in the stock spot with cross head bolts and nuts, and used the spacers with the lip around 1 edge to bolt the upper links to the axles, but for the steering I use a custom servo bracket so I just threw all of the extra spacers and bolts in a can, I had to drill out the drive shafts, I went to 2 hobby shops, and 4 hardware stores and couldnt find any way to get the stripped bolts out, no one had a extractor 5/64s so I just drilled it out with a reverse wood bit and used the bolts from the stock shafts, that was on the front drive shaft, the rear seemed to have no issues till I went out for a test drive and the first bind I got in the drive shaft split apart at both knuckles and the small cylinder piece that goes in the middle and the small pin flew out, never did find them so now im all put together but cant drive cause no drive shafts![&o] all in all, the hassle with install (and it not being my own custom build) and the shabby workmanship of the kit id say im still disappointed, it looks cool, but other then that I think ill sell it or give it to my brother and go with my original plan of using taxxas links for the 4 link and emaxx shafts. Is this set up legal for 2.2? I havnt even measured it.