Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

sticky stiuation

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:32 PM
SeaWolf316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticky stiuation

what happens if 2 people post ads, agree to trade ad for ad, each pay for their own shipping. then one trader wants to pull out of the deal because the cost of shipping is supposidly too high? i want the deal to go through as intended.

the deal was i pay the shipping to him for my car, he pays the shipping cost of his chopper to me. as far as im concerned we both agreed to it, so a deal is a deal.

pricey or not...

thanks for the help, in advance.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: sticky stiuation

What you describe sounds like an agreed upon and valid transaction if offers were made through the site using the Make Offer tool, and those offers were accepted through the site.

However, trades require a lot of trust from both sides and if that trust is not rock solid, then the trade should not happen. Additionally, there is very little way to force a member to complete a transaction if they later decide to back out. In that situation, your best recourse is to post an appropriate rating to the other members account so all who are interested will be able to review your experience with him.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:05 AM
SeaWolf316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so wouldnt it make sence to avoid alot of b/s to make the deals like a binding contract so there is no way out of them? almost like ebay....
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If an official offer is accepted by the seller through the site, there is a binding agreement, just like any other site. This is clearly stated when a member posts an offer in another member's ad.

However, if one or both participants gets cold feet, then it is far better both parties agree to back out of the transaction than unnecessarily put trade items at risk when there is no way to protect them as there is with money when sent through Paypal or Escrow.com.