Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

If you want it right Buy EXTREME FLIGHT

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

If you want it right Buy EXTREME FLIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:25 PM
3DAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you want it right Buy EXTREME FLIGHT

I have recently had some transactions with Chris that make me believe he is leading the pack. First my Extra and Yak from Extreme flight have been the best flying planes I have flown. They come out of the box with the covering looking like its painted on. The craftsmanship is top notch as well. Above all if you ever need anything Chris will lose money before he has an unhappy customer. I am just a happy customer who is thankful for someone that has went OUT OF HIS WAY to make me happy.

So if any of you are looking and need to read any more about EF planes, Dont!!! Buy One

Thankx You Again for your oustanding Service Chris

ALLAN

Old 03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: If you want it right Buy EXTREME FLIGHT

The main thing I don't like about Extreme Flight is the fact I don't have at least one of each plane, but I sure like the ones I do have. Chris and Melissa are the best and It looks like Curtis and Blair are going to turn out to be alright too.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay what is the link to get to thier shop???? Thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/
Their stuff is super size too,presents very well.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:17 AM
Crash-n-Burn
My Feedback: (2)

Yup extreme flight is top notch all the way Chris and Melissa really are a great asset to this hobby. I have had quite a few dealings with Extreme Flight each one better than the last. IMO opinion the holy trinity of our hobby is :

Extreme Flight
Desert Aircraft
Dons Hobby shop Salina Kansas

Chris it is a pleasure to crash your planes
Old 04-01-2009, 05:20 AM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

I just bought my 3rd, 4th, and 5th plane from Extreme Flight. Chris and Curtis have always been extremely helpful and customer service oriented. Once I get these Yaks built I am going to start drooling over that 123" Extra. Keep up the AWESOME work Extreme Flight!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 AM
torqmeister

ORIGINAL: Crash-n-Burn

Yup extreme flight is top notch all the way Chris and Melissa really are a great asset to this hobby. I have had quite a few dealings with Extreme Flight each one better than the last. IMO opinion the holy trinity of our hobby is :

Extreme Flight
Desert Aircraft
Dons Hobby shop Salina Kansas

Chris it is a pleasure to crash your planes
Amen!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:40 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at my Avatar and drool !!!!!!

It's all I fly these days. Buy one of his ARF's and be spoiled forever. I don't even want to think about what my hobby would be like without Chris.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32896.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1170532  
Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 AM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Chris is a great guy and Mike Hall is, in my opinion, one of the most talented model airframe designers out there today.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:07 AM
flygilmore

My 88" Yak is the best 50cc plane I have ever flown period! I once had the GP 25% version and it sucked sooooo bad [:'(]compared to my EF that I feel stupid for ever buying it in the first place. Needless to say, I sold it and boy was I ever glad to see it go.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

Well, congratulations. You have just discovered what we have been living by since the original Yak 86" came out... That is the one and only act to follow in the industry and absolutely nobody has been able to get anywhere close.

What has been really funny to me is these people who consistently settle on a lesser kits from other manufacturers (I will not mention names), just to save $100 - $129 on the kit price. Then they go and buy the CF tubes, CF gear and a few other small upgrade items, which end up costing them overall more than a full Extreme plane. They have now paid the same or more, and have an inferior plane, not as well built, not as well covered and that certainly, does not fly as well...

ORIGINAL: 3DAP

I have recently had some transactions with Chris that make me believe he is leading the pack. First my Extra and Yak from Extreme flight have been the best flying planes I have flown. They come out of the box with the covering looking like its painted on. The craftsmanship is top notch as well. Above all if you ever need anything Chris will lose money before he has an unhappy customer. I am just a happy customer who is thankful for someone that has went OUT OF HIS WAY to make me happy.

So if any of you are looking and need to read any more about EF planes, Dont!!! Buy One

Thankx You Again for your oustanding Service Chris

ALLAN

Old 04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
JoeAirPort

Yeah I'm glad I'm not addicted to the "cheap" in this hobby. The "cheap" way is a waste of time (assembly time AND money). To be honest, when all is considered, Chris's planes are very economically priced. You get what you pay for, and with EF you get a lot.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Not bad airplanes from an old band roadie eh?

If you ever get a chance to hang out with them they are a great bunch, Chris can fly like mad, and on top of other prizes he already donated, they showed up and threw a 110" yak in the prize pool for our Children of Fallen Solders benefit at FX3D this year.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
rager24
My Feedback: (9)

inferior plane ? There are many planes out there that cost less than a EF plane and are not inferior.
I have had EF planes in the past and they are nice planes. They cost to much to me. And most of the people
out there could not tell the difference in the way the plane fly's with or without carbon parts in it.
Spending more doesn't mean it will fly better. If it did I could fly as good as Que Que because I have the same plane he does.
LOL but I can't
Old 04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: rager24

inferior plane ? There are many planes out there that cost less than a EF plane and are not inferior.
I have had EF planes in the past and they are nice planes. They cost to much to me. And most of the people
out there could not tell the difference in the way the plane fly's with or without carbon parts in it.
Spending more doesn't mean it will fly better. If it did I could fly as good as Que Que because I have the same plane he does.
LOL but I can't

Dang, that doesn't work? [:@] I just bought a QQ Python because I thought it would make my flying look like QQ's.

It helps when you have pilots as good as Chris and QQ working in the design process. They have a better understanding of what it takes to make a plane fly great than the average pilot and can build a plane so it's easily setup to fly awesome. If you are looking to go the less expensive route there are other good options, but for those that want a Top Notch plane and components the EF is cheaper. The EF comes with top notch components and you don't have to buy the ones you’re not going to use. I can definitely understand someone wanting to save money and I have gone that way before myself. Many other planes can be made to fly great with enough time and money spent on them.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Moki 1.8
My Feedback: (11)

Hey guys, im a really big aeroworks fan ,but I just checked out extremeflightrc's web sight and they have some nice stuff, I really like that 50ccc Extra 300. I might have to look into them for my next plane... Just droping in on this thread to let you guys know thats some nice stuff.

Happy flying,
R. Normand
Old 04-01-2009, 06:37 PM
JoeAirPort

Just wait until you see it in real life. It's huge for 50cc. So is the Yak. I have them both.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: yarom

What has been really funny to me is these people who consistently settle on a lesser kits from other manufacturers (I will not mention names), just to save $100 - $129 on the kit price. Then they go and buy the CF tubes, CF gear and a few other small upgrade items, which end up costing them overall more than a full Extreme plane. They have now paid the same or more, and have an inferior plane, not as well built, not as well covered and that certainly, does not fly as well...
you got that right.

There is a reason why people are willing to wait months for Chris' planes. More expensive doesn't always mean better but in this case it does.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
nitro wing

Sunday fliers will settle for less and shop the net for seemingly deals.

Performance oriented pilots know who to call.

Are there any competition pilots bringing a nitromodels or similar generic machine to meets and taking home trophies??
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 PM
yarom
My Feedback: (82)

If you have any plane in mind, please share with us. I've built quite a lot non-EF planes and helped friends put together other ones. I have also flown a bunch of them.

I have yet to see a Yak or Extra in the 50cc range that flies that well... From anyone...

Would welcome any suggestions...

ORIGINAL: rager24

LOL but I can't
Old 04-01-2009, 09:21 PM
nitro wing

Some people do not realize that it's design that matters,selection of materials,the people that spent researching a product and extensive testing.They add to the cost,but usually give a performance edge also.
Most people are happy driving an average car,those demanding true performance will buy a performance BMW,Mercedes,Lexus,Ferrari etc..
I have a job where I get to drive almost any car and at first they deliver transportation in a similar manner.Once you ask performace and handling the gap quickly becomes apparent.There are true designs and there are copies,and mostly inferiour ones.
As mentioned elsewhere,I do not recall any trophy takers flying "generic" planes
Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 PM
3DAP

Yes sir,

EF is Kick *****. I just wanted to say abroad how Happy Chris has made me. Besides How flawless these planes fly. No trim adjusts, No programming coupling, No Oh Sh$t the balance is not even close. Just pure 3D BAD ***** AIRPLANES. Anyway besides all this if you deal with Chris and you have the slightest problem, He will DIAL YOU IN.

I did not intend for this thread to be a brand bashing comparison, But to state that I am a very happy customer and you will be too, If you Go EF

Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is anybody but me having problems getting on the EF website????
Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 PM
nitro wing

They are out of town (Toledo),maybe they had a glitch no one is noticing?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:31 PM
3DAP

EF's site seems to be working fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.