Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

•California Jets 2009•

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

•California Jets 2009•

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: •California Jets 2009•

Not sure what Dougie and Wayne are doing to Ron Longs Eurosport.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27258.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1173839  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:17 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those that weren't at the Awards Banquet missed what I 'm sure in 30 years, at CA Jets 2039, will still stand as the single most unbelievably funny, spontaneous, hilarious, insane moment in CA Jets history.
Fortunately, Mike Anderson and myself were both using tripods and not handheld, or the footage would have been soooooo shaky from uncontrollable laughter. Absolutely one of the funniest things I've ever experienced live.
Jeff's picture of Billy in Ali's shirt a few posts ago is an excellent postage stamp of that insane several minutes. I can't wait to review that footage. I do loves me some Billy Edwards

As far as the event itself...wow, it's really starting to gain traction. As we learn and adjust, it just gets better and better. While running and gunning all day, I get to cross paths and say hi to a lot of people, and it was absolutely great to see the regular Willow Hillclimbers Association (WHA) members in force, and to see pilot's return that may have missed the '07 or '08 event. It was especially great to meet a whole slew of people for the very first time.
I witnessed so much incredible flying at this event. From deck shreddin' burner passes, a jet hanging dead still in the air just so incredibly low to the ground, a Mibo A-10 doing oustide rolling circles. Saw mere mortals flying like the best in the business. And, got to witness the best in the business humbled by some of the same issues that effect mere mortals. And the friggin' GONG. There was a time that you had to actually effff up to hear the gong. It's very funny to start hearing a low constant rumbling of the gong as soon as a particular jet turns on final. Funny stuff indeed. It was great to see the first annual Gong award accepted with such humiliation. It's recipient is a great bro indeed.
One of the best flights of the event for me was going aloft with Chris Luvara in his Citabria to get some aerial footage of the event. Thank you Chris, it all went so perfectly. Your photography is so incredible that I almost wish I was flying the aircraft and you were shooting those awesome stills. But then we'd both be dead now, which isn't good.
We were aloft during Alan Szabo's heli demo, so unfortunately, I didn't get to witness it. I had the opportunity to shoot Alan in Vegas for a Spektrum project a couple of years ago and the things he was doing were absolutely insane. I can only imagine what it's like now. And as everyone that I spoke to didn't really have words to describe what they had witnessed, I know that what I imagine probably isn't too far off. And what a gracious, considerate young dude! His parents are very proud I'm sure, especially since his brother Danny is nasty nasty with a pickle cutter also. Big huge UPs to Chad (SinCityJets) for facilitating all that was the Alan Szabo experience.

Where's the grass, you ask? As Ali put it in an on-camera interview with the local ABC affiliate on Thursday...he's been to much more elaborate flying facilities, but the vibe at CA Jets is second to none.

Special props to my boy Mike Anderson. His enthusiasm, work ethic desire to get great footage of this event is so cool. I know he enjoyed himself.

Man I wish I'd have used sunscreen on Fri.[:@]

Special thanks to my boyz in the last cell on the left for each evenings' very final decompression. Enjoyed those nightcaps and discussions.

As this post is about those who attended, I'm not even going to get into how much respect I have for those who's arses sit busted tonite after bringing this event to you. So many, so much.
I can only tell you that there are people who are on a mission to make California Jets one the most enjoyable and memorable RC experiences of your life.

Hope everyone made it home safe both near and far. And thank you so much for supporting our event. We truly appreciate it and hope to see you all again next year.

Paul
Old 04-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the skit with Dave and Tam was priceless.

Dave had Tam sit on his knee while Dave put his hand on Tams back. The whole time Tam talked, Dave would move his lips in a way that made him look like a vantrilaquist( spelling?) I was absolutley on my back. One of the funniest moments I have experienced.

Tam, you are a good sport and Dave, you always make a drop or two leak out!

Billy
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 AM
Alan Szabo Jr

Hey guys I just wanted to say that of course the event was awesome. All the guys that were in charge did an awesome time keeping everything rolling or I should say flying.

Even though I only did one flight at the event for the demo I still had a great time hanging out with everyone and watching some jets!

Thanks for all the comments as well [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Hopefully I can make it next year as well [sm=biggrin.gif]

Alan Szabo Jr.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Good times as usual this year. Thanks to all who helped with the Franken-Euro!! Wayne, Ron, Scott, Billy, Joe C,Gordon, John G, Gary Ian (parts dept), Kenny Mac, "Tony I want my wrench Q", Bob W & Nick, just to name a few... Sorry if i missed anyone. She flys good!!!

Can't wait till the next one.

DF
Old 04-06-2009, 09:17 AM
LuvaraAir
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster
One of the best flights of the event for me was going aloft with Chris Luvara in his Citabria to get some aerial footage of the event. Thank you Chris, it all went so perfectly. Your photography is so incredible that I almost wish I was flying the aircraft and you were shooting those awesome stills. But then we'd both be dead now, which isn't good.
Thanks Paul, my pleasure.

Chris
Old 04-06-2009, 10:20 AM
GreenAcre
My Feedback: (13)

I had a great time! A little windy on Fri. My Fuel pump went out on me on Thursday and I got a new one from Mr. Bob Wilcox on Fri. What a great guy! After leaving Fri evening ready to go back Saturday morning, I get a call from my remote office in Nashville, and pages on my phone letting me know the servers shut DOWN!! Had to rush home on Sat. morning and left my office at mid night Sat.... Great meeting some new people. See you all next year and I WILL FLY!
Mario
Old 04-06-2009, 10:35 AM
turbone
My Feedback: (3)

whats up Alan great to see you at a jet event, I fly helis just like you, well almost like you.. I didnt know you were there saw a heli take off for the demo like every usual and said this jet guy is busting.... took a few minutes to fiqure out it was no jet guy, hurry up and get a jet so you can fly with us

Turbone
Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 AM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so i will post the most important picture that shows the kind of good times to be had at this particular rally.......Ron Long's camp was the scene for Friday night!!! Some good eatin's were grilled up and plenty of cocktails!!

I wanted to say that i had a blast, as usual and i wait for this event 364 days outta da year, Thanks Kenny, Dave, Dave, Jillian and all else! The Weather was great (Saturday and Sunday) and there were many more spectators this year than years past.

A special thanks goes to Dustin Buescher, who proved to me, despite all the hype (Dougie) that a Super Balsa Bandit can definetly hang with the composite version. He also took time out of his day to get me back in the air after i had a lil bit of flight control issues. I have got to say that his involvment proved to me that BVM customer/field support is Bar-None!! Thanks Dustin!

I dont know about you guys but i am looking forward to Fresno! Doug, i will get more time and hopefuly be a better contender in the Talladega!

Nick

Name:	Sq46439.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1174102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97506.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1174103   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50118.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1174104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13982.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1174105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30115.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1174106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87118.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1174107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot46857.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1174108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rl26029.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1174109  

Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
NickC5FE

More pictures of Fridays "Dinner" and others.......

Name:	Fd93151.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1174113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70892.jpg
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1174114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78999.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1174115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70707.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1174116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78785.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1174117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40442.jpg
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1174118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99553.jpg
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1174119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy71584.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1174120  

Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 AM
NickC5FE

Pix from the Banquet...... Thanks Billy, Dave and Tam for the laughs!!

In case anybody was wondering,, it is possible for a whole lot of "American Muscle" to fit in Ali's "little" work shirt

Till next year.....

Name:	Ro41601.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1174137   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27324.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	1174138   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94631.jpg
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1174139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70617.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1174140   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48689.jpg
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	1174141   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15356.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1174142   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93478.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1174143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80154.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1174144  

Old 04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

Wow what a great event. Fun Hangin with the bros. Met some new people and enjoyed the SO CAL BOYZ as usual. Doug Joe thanks for the hospitality trying to get the frog out of my throut this morning. Ali you can fly my birds any time. :-) Thanks for the nice deal on the 21. With that said I will start my recovery. Thanks to all who sponsered and worked so hard to make this a great event. Ali and Dave Love my new radio.

Ronald R Long
Old 04-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Rezagh
My Feedback: (73)

Hi Guys,

Reza here. First of all I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the organizers of this event, Kenny Falconer, Dave S., Dave P., Paul R., …. I have been to some events from east to west and this one undoubtedly was the best and smoothest ran event I have ever been in the west. You guys deserve a lot of support from vendors. Crowd was awesome and pilots were phenomenal.

Ali, it was a pleasure meeting you, next time we will plan to hang out more.

Alan, I watched you two years ago and I thought you have reached the ultimate skills and it can’t get any better until I watched your demo Saturday. I could not believe my eyes buddy! You rocked! I hope you change those blades too often. CF is much more prone to fatigue but what you do with that thing is beyond fatigue description LOL

At the end thanks to Mike at Global Jet Club for inviting me and thanks to all for having me at your event. I think crowd did really enjoy seeing a diverse noon time demo. It was an honor to fly next to all the big names and talents and being nervous is an understatement for me.

Best Regards,
Reza Gholamipour
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks to Dave, Kenny, Dave, Jill and all of the rest of the workers and club members for hosting us. My family and I had a great time. The rental tents were first rate. Flight operations ran very well.

See you all next year!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

In addition to the well deserved thanks everyone else has already posted for Kenny, Jill (doesn't she EVER complain about how much we make her work ?), and Dave, I'd like to add my thanks to Kenny Musik for working his butt off in the snack shack, Troy and (Mike ?) for their excellent job in running the flightline, Doug Wheeler for too much work to list here, plus all of the other BARKS people who turned out and did so much behind the scenes work.

When things run so smoothly that the background work almost seems to be "effortless" to those of us not doing it, that's when you know just how much hard work these guys are putting in.

I wish I knew the names of all the people who helped out ; from the guys handling the parking and pit access, to the guy who bust his but doing the stinky job of clearing out the trash multiple times per day etc - I really appreciate that you take on these thankless tasks so that the rest of us get to have so much fun.

Thanks also to all the people who believed in this event enough to make long-distance trek's to come out. From Chad driving Alan out for the noontime demo, to the many guys who drove or flew in from all over the US, T(h)omas Singer and Andreas Geitz form Comp-Arf flying in from Germany, Ali from the UK, Jetcat's top-dog (sorry - I'm momentarily brain-farting on his name) also coming over from Germany etc - I hope you all enjoyed the event enough to want to put it on your calendars for future years.

To those who didn't make it to the awards banquet - you guys missed out on some of the best fun of the whole week. From Dave using Tam as his ventroliquist dummy, to Billy strutting his stuff on the catwalk while modelling Ali's shirt during the auction, it was a hoot. I have no idea how someone of Billy's build manages to do all of those moves, but I hope they make it onto the CA-Jets-09 video.

Please, please, tell me that someone got pic's of Mongo's 'signature' shirt.

Gordon
Old 04-06-2009, 12:20 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

............... Jetcat's top-dog (sorry - I'm momentarily brain-farting on his name) also coming over from Germany etc

Markus maybe??
Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

Jamie had a great time and even got to Gong Ali, sorry buddy she was amazed by Alans flight demo and thought dad flew whirlys good[X(], hope to see you both next year. Jamie is already asking about the next event, great times all week.

Kevin

Name:	Tq48532.jpg
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1174249  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: KC36330

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

............... Jetcat's top-dog (sorry - I'm momentarily brain-farting on his name) also coming over from Germany etc

Markus maybe??
Yes, thank you ! Markus Zipperer.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:39 PM
NickC5FE

I forgot to post "the most important picture"......

Name:	Sq46722.jpg
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1174250  
Old 04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Billy

I thought the skit with Dave and Tam was priceless.

Dave had Tam sit on his knee while Dave put his hand on Tams back. The whole time Tam talked, Dave would move his lips in a way that made him look like a vantrilaquist( spelling?) I was absolutley on my back. One of the funniest moments I have experienced.

Tam, you are a good sport and Dave, you always make a drop or two leak out!

Billy
You got me LMAO with Ali demo shirt and walk around the hot model.
Thanks for the laugh.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
thinwing

Prestas facial expression were priceless as was you explaining to all assembled that monolog would be delivered in "TAMLISH" just in case no one could understand just what the hell you were saying!!!A great time this year even though due to my great piloting technique and runway alignment I got exactly one flight in [:'(][:'(][:'(]...thankyou to all for one great event...kpc
Old 04-06-2009, 05:22 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 04-06-2009, 06:08 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

That looks awesome Paul, oh, by the way, is the video done yet????[]
Old 04-06-2009, 07:43 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

I've got a few hundred photos to sort thru, but wanted to take this first opportunity to say a BIG THANK YOU! to Paul "THE MAN" Reese for all he does!

David S
Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Here's a few more to get started:

David S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.