Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Brushless Tornado anyone?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 PM
joeyhatch11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Tornado anyone?

Looking to see what you guys think about the 1/10 Brushless Buggy. How well do the components hold up to the brushless system and does anything need to be upgraded from the start? I bought 3 lipo, two are 4000mah 7.4v and the other is a 5000mah 7.4v. The lipos are only 15C but that shouldn't cause any issues right? I figure with a higher "C" rating they would just drain quicker. But they should be good right? Thanks, Joe
Old 04-06-2009, 11:50 PM
el_tonto

Default RE: Brushless Tornado anyone?

The 'C' rating is how capable they are of supplying discharge current. It won't flatten faster or slower than any other pack of the same capacity. But yes, 15C 4000mAh will be plenty for the stock brushless setup.

I don't know much about the brushless Redcats though so can't really offer any advice there.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:48 AM
joeyhatch11

But thanks for the Info. I just bought a Hpi Sprint 2 for some drifting/racing this summer. Was going to ask the same question in the Hpi thread about the "C" rating. I just read a lot that people are looking for a 20-25C Lipo and read that 10-15C wouldnt give enough current.

I'd also like to find myself with the brushless buggy too but I dont want to get it and have to upgrade everything like I did on my 1/10 Nitro buggy.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
el_tonto

15C 4000mAh pack would have the same discharge capability as a 20C 3000mAh pack. You can't take the 'C' rating in isolation.

For a drifter, even a 15C 2500mAh pack is probably adequate. There's not much load on the battery when drifting.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:23 AM
joeyhatch11

Cool thanks again man. Now if I could only find someone to asnswer my question about the brushless buggy. hahaha.