Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New F-16 Colours

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New F-16 Colours

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:56 PM
kdubose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New F-16 Colours

I think it's a great scheme! I'd like my next F-16 in this scheme.
A few more photos...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57577.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1176962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64445.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1176963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76314.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1176964  
Old 04-10-2009, 12:02 AM
kdubose

Info on the heritage scheme taken from F-16.net:

Aircraft 84-1264 is adorning a heritage paint scheme honoring the 358th Fighter Group of WWII, the unit the 122nd FW traces its lineage to. The 358th FG flew P-47s and operated in the ETO (European Theater of Operations) earning many citations and decorations.

The awards they earned in battle are now carried proudly on the 122nd Fighter Wing Flag.

The 358th was known as the 'Orangetails' as their P-47s were painted with orange tail surfaces. The Orangetails will be holding their last reunion here in the Fort in about a week and a half and it is for them that this aircraft was painted. The markings on the F-16 all have significance to the 358th.

Starting at the nose, the blue field with stars and a red and white stripe were modeled after Tarheel Hal, a very colorful P-47 from the group. There is a P-47 still flying today carrying the markings of Tarheel Hal. Tying it to Indiana, we have placed 19 stars in the field of blue.

The tail surfaces are orange for obvious reason. The base of the vertical stabilizer has the '358th Fighter Group' painted on the left side and '122nd Fighter Wing' on the right. FW and the blue and gold band with the Indiana
torch are basically standard to our aircraft. The black and white stripes
are called invasion stripes and were painted on all allied aircraft for the D-Day operations. The national insignia is WWII era. The intake details came from the P-47 engine cowl.

The lip is painted red which was indicative of the 1st Tactical Air Force which the 358th was assigned in November of 1944. There are three color 'blocks ' aft of the red stripe which represent the 3 squadrons which formed the group. On top is red which was the color for the 367th Fighter Sq. Below that is white which was the 365th Fighter Sq, and on the bottom is yellow for the 366th Fighter Sq. Behind these colors is a blue and white checkerboard design which was one of the common markings on the cowl flaps for the group.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:51 AM
marineA4
My Feedback: (3)

kdubose,

Thank you very much for the information regarding the history of the F-16 paint scheme. Very nice history this F-16 carries on her for the whole world to see. I'm really easy to fall for these types of paint schemes for it means something.

I've really been thinking about doing a paint scheme like this. I'm surprised no one has tried it yet.

I'll keep digging on the internet and see if I find the FS colors used on the original aircraft.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Old 04-10-2009, 09:19 AM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: Ali

Ron... Please tell me your sweet reference is for the Dutch scheme and not that invasion stripe ARTF monokote sticky trim version?? [:'(]
Is yours on order yet? P200 powered bad boy! The dust and dirt from my off road landings wont show up so much on that scheme.. .
Regards Al
Ali,

LOL yes the sweet was for the dutch scheme How ever I do like the one I currently have better, but I am sure over time I will have to have one of these p-200 powered models. I not sure about the dirt, Ali the front is pretty dark.[:@] By the way if I can keep the rudder going the right way, I have a feeling I will never see another one of those dusty landings.

Can't hardly wait til you come back. Had a blast

Ron