Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS Beaver

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:02 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Beaver

Do you need to leave a gap or bevel the elevator and rudder before using tape hinge?
Old 04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
AJ1202

Default RE: GWS Beaver

Greg no need to bevel the elevator or rudder on the Beaver
there is a trick using regular scotch tape that is far better than the hinge tape provided, it's tricky at first but works great on the thin foam
you pull 2 pieces about 3" long each then stick them together in the middle glue to glue leaving some on each end, then you stick the one side to one side of stab and then fold it over the rear of the stab put you flap in place straight and put the tape on the flap of the ele or rudder, you continue this switching side as you go
once your done you will have a perfectly centered tape hinge that is strong and will outlast the plane most likely

Or you could just follow the instuctions and use the hinge tape in the kit and just keep taping it back when it comes loose, that's what I did till someone showed me the other trick

Good Luck and have fun, the Beaver is a great little flyer
Old 04-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

Save yourself the trouble and get some light hinges. Not too tricky to install and they stay forever. I don't have a Beaver but I know some stuff about stuff. You'll also want to strengthen the joint between the elevator halves with CF or plywood....
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks AJ,sounds good![8D]