Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

question for the engine guys?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:50 PM
steed2-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for the engine guys?

just to clear things up for myself( cause my lhs are biased and just want to sell me the axial 28 that is collecting dust on their shelf) is the k4.6 better tha the f4.6? i am confused because hpi want more money for the k engines? my local hobbystore said the k engines are night and day better than the f engines especially the k4.6??? i have watched videos of k engine and they dont look that impressive. But than again the lhs guys seem like meatheads and say traxxas is way better than hpi. I hate guys that just run the opinion the whole time your there!!! like there better than you or something. anyways i dont trust these guys and have had my eye on the k4.6 high output but dont want to waste my time and honestly i feel you guys know more about this stuff than the traxxas/k engine lovers down the street...
Old 04-21-2009, 10:22 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: question for the engine guys?

The F4.6 is supposed to be the better of the 2 engines. Although i have an axial .28 which is the same as the K 4.6 and have had great luck so far(1 1/2 gallons).

Dont get the K4.6 HO. Supposedly its the worst of them all. Most like the F4.6 pretty good.

Eric
Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 PM
mmduc

i disagree, the k engine is better. i have a k4.6 that i bought when the savage x 1st came out. i complianed to tower about my savage x 4.1, so i paid another 30 bucks and they sent me a k4.6 going on 5 gallons and the thing is a beast. runs perfect everytime, wheelies on command, and with the 3 speed my savage x screams. maybe i got a good one, but its one of my better running engines. the k engine revs higher than the f engine. i cant say 1 bad thing about my k engine, and ive had it for 2 years.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:13 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I also really like my Axial .28 Spec 1s, which is supposedly a rebadged K4.6. No one else seems to think they are worth having though.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 PM
BudBud

Hpi advertises their RTR with the F4.6 as their fastest nitro Savage to date. I had several Axial 28s and K4.6 engines. I also had two of the F4.6 engines at the same time and in my experience the F engine will out run the K engine any way you want to compare them. The F has a much better designed carburetor and an external one way bearing. My F engine in a Savage 25 would blow away from the XL on the stock pipe, even when I switched the XL to an 086, it would not run with the F on the stock plastic pipe. It only got stronger when I went to an 053.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:17 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie really liked his F4.1.

He is seriously considering picking up an F4.6 just to see how she runs
Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 PM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

Yep me to. My 4.1 has been a great engine. I got a F4.6 and wating on some parts. I want to be able to just swap complete engines with out having to take the flywheel, header, roto start plate, engine mount and transfer it back and fourth.

josh
Old 04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
BudBud

The [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8706666]Kingstar design raises its ugly head again.[/link] I find myself buying spare clutch setups and just leaving pipe, clutch, bell, exhaust and engine mount assembled. Two fuel lines, a carb linkage, four engine plate screws and an exhaust hanger, we are set to roll! Glen